GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on October 19, 2024, 05:50:52 AM

Title: Oh aye?
Post by: JudgeDredd on October 19, 2024, 05:50:52 AM
Now I'm interested. It's been on my wishlist for a while.
Title: Re: Oh aye?
Post by: rss334 on October 19, 2024, 08:11:58 AM
Bought this a while back, certainly not call of duty - it kicked my ass every-time.   You got to go slow but not too slow or they will surround you, might just be the hardest shooter I've ever played.  The map really is procedural so it forces you to learn tactics that work instead of what places to hide and cover.  After the first two games your going to call your momma and cry, it took me handful of attempts even to be able to progress on the map.  I think I've read they toned down the AI a little to give the player a chance since I last played.  Not played in a while was waiting for full release not to spoil the game for me.  If you are in to tactical shooters I'd certainly recommend this one.
Title: Re: Oh aye?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 19, 2024, 08:14:13 AM
This update with AI squad members is so long overdue. This game went from my most eagerly anticipated release to my greatest disappointment.

All I'm going to say is that this update better be fantastic after all the years it took to release.
Title: Re: Oh aye?
Post by: rss334 on October 19, 2024, 08:17:34 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 19, 2024, 08:14:13 AMThis update with AI squad members is so long overdue. This game went from my most eagerly anticipated release to my greatest disappointment.

All I'm going to say is that this update better be fantastic after all the years it took to release.

Same there is no possible way you solo could watch every corner or counter fire position, without competent AI it was impossible for the majority of us.
Title: Re: Oh aye?
Post by: Destraex on October 19, 2024, 08:44:48 AM
Did they ever fix the default to open mic issue?
Title: Re: Oh aye?
Post by: Skoop on October 19, 2024, 01:47:28 PM
The AI team mates and campaign is going to make this a cult classic.  I fear that it's a all or none though.  Like you either play totally solo with AI fire team and no AI fire team in MP coop.  I think the sweet spot is you and 2 or 3 friends each control a fire team of AI and conquer complex missions that way.  Especially with the procedural gen terrain, the replay could go on for a while.
Title: Re: Oh aye?
Post by: rss334 on October 19, 2024, 04:16:44 PM
Quote from: Destraex on October 19, 2024, 08:44:48 AMDid they ever fix the default to open mic issue?

They did added hot keys so you can now use mic and radio
Title: Re: Oh aye?
Post by: Destraex on October 19, 2024, 08:04:05 PM
Quote from: rss334 on October 19, 2024, 04:16:44 PM
Quote from: Destraex on October 19, 2024, 08:44:48 AMDid they ever fix the default to open mic issue?

They did added hot keys so you can now use mic and radio
Nice. So that means you don't have to have your voice recorded by some rando? That the radio pushes your voice through a filter cleaning up any background noise? My mates main problem with the game (I don't own it) is that it basically was trying to force players to mic up, which I don't personally mind. But it was funny hearing a friend who played it on coms with me, listening to peoples wives and babies in the background to this game because they probably had no idea their mic was on. I think youtubers had the same problem listening to people they were grouped withs open mics. The problem was that by default the game accessed your mic and set it to always transmit to everybody in your game.
Title: Re: Oh aye?
Post by: rss334 on October 19, 2024, 09:13:14 PM
Quote from: Destraex on October 19, 2024, 08:04:05 PM
Quote from: rss334 on October 19, 2024, 04:16:44 PM
Quote from: Destraex on October 19, 2024, 08:44:48 AMDid they ever fix the default to open mic issue?

They did added hot keys so you can now use mic and radio
Nice. So that means you don't have to have your voice recorded by some rando? That the radio pushes your voice through a filter cleaning up any background noise? My mates main problem with the game (I don't own it) is that it basically was trying to force players to mic up, which I don't personally mind. But it was funny hearing a friend who played it on coms with me, listening to peoples wives and babies in the background to this game because they probably had no idea their mic was on. I think youtubers had the same problem listening to people they were grouped withs open mics. The problem was that by default the game accessed your mic and set it to always transmit to everybody in your game.

Correct they change it to a slider where it's either on or off, when off you can press a key to talk like every other game, I think by default it's mapped to M to mute or talk.  I've not played MP before but from what I recall seeing and what I'm seeing in the settings right now it's a push to mute instead of push to talk sort of thing.    So one push mutes the microphone, another push turns the mute off and puts you back on local voice mode, personally if I played MP I think I would like that option better than having to hold down a key while talking.