GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tripoli on October 25, 2024, 01:22:39 PM

Title: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: Tripoli on October 25, 2024, 01:22:39 PM
It's the last Friday before Halloween.  That means there's only one appropriate tune for the Friday thread  :grin: :


Me?  I'm so far behind on my gaming it isn't even funny.  I really will get to my Warplan game with Nelsmn.  And Rule of Waves AAR.  And getting my butt kicked the CMBN tournament.  After doing BoC work and Fight Club work.....

[Edit: Here's the link to the video: https://youtu.be/qae25976UgA]
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: Pete Dero on October 25, 2024, 01:33:34 PM
Quote from: Tripoli on October 25, 2024, 01:22:39 PMThat means there's only one appropriate tune for the Friday thread  :grin: :

Are you sure  :Nerd:  :evil: ?



Call to Arms-Gates of Hell and Distant Worlds 2.

Have a great weekend !
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: Redwolf on October 25, 2024, 01:36:12 PM
Having fun blowing things up in the DCS F/A-18. It has gone so far that I started learning its radar. :idiot2:

Also still the MiG-15. Great cannons.
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: Destraex on October 25, 2024, 10:20:24 PM
Great song choice. Always reminds me of London Calling
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: Anguille on October 26, 2024, 08:13:02 AM
Not playing much lately. Have been working on a book, writing about one page each day. Maybe some gaming tomorrow.
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: Tripoli on October 26, 2024, 09:02:06 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 26, 2024, 08:13:02 AMNot playing much lately. Have been working on a book, writing about one page each day. Maybe some gaming tomorrow.
what is the subject of the book you are working on?
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: Anguille on October 26, 2024, 09:35:04 AM
Quote from: Tripoli on October 26, 2024, 09:02:06 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 26, 2024, 08:13:02 AMNot playing much lately. Have been working on a book, writing about one page each day. Maybe some gaming tomorrow.
what is the subject of the book you are working on?

It's an adventure novel with a master thief happening in Russia in 1911. I have about 50 pages so far. Story starts in Kiev.
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on October 26, 2024, 11:03:08 AM
I am trying to get in a little Combat Mission time. Probably more likely, grandkids and  :pizza[1]:
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: bruce205 on October 26, 2024, 03:29:34 PM
Drinking and being depressed reality video game. Have to use beer goggles though.
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: Tripoli on October 26, 2024, 09:47:56 PM
Quote from: bruce205 on October 26, 2024, 03:29:34 PMDrinking and being depressed reality video game. Have to use beer goggles though.
Bruce-It sounds like you are going through a tough time.  I'm sorry.  Let us know if there is anything us Grogs can do for you. 
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: Tanaka on October 26, 2024, 11:59:01 PM
Quote from: bruce205 on October 26, 2024, 03:29:34 PMDrinking and being depressed reality video game. Have to use beer goggles though.

Yep we have all been there reach out if needed!
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: bruce205 on October 28, 2024, 05:15:44 PM
I'm an alcoholic worthless piece of shit. Can Grogs help with that ?  I think not but thanks guys.
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: Tanaka on October 28, 2024, 06:45:32 PM
Quote from: bruce205 on October 28, 2024, 05:15:44 PMI'm an alcoholic worthless piece of shit. Can Grogs help with that ?  I think not but thanks guys.

Grogs are just people too with flaws and all. Never been an alcoholic but have dealt with other things and have certainly hit rock bottom. I've seen a lot of great testimonies from people struggling with that on TikTok and how they got through it that a lot of people relate to. Lots of help out there just a small suggestion if you don't want to feel alone in your struggles...
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: bruce205 on October 29, 2024, 06:21:37 PM
Thanks Tan but I refuse to do Tik Tok,its a Chinese spy ring
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: Old TImer on October 29, 2024, 07:25:47 PM
Bruce I hear you I refuse to use TikTok as well lol.
Look Bruce I'm 73 years old. In my younger days say a half century ago I worked at a rehab facility.
I saw a lot of men coming in thinking they were worthless pieces of shit and left thinking they had something to live for.  Nobody is saying it's easy and nobody is gonna come knocking at your door.  When you hit rock bottom and can't imagine going any lower make a phone call or look for a contact online.  Been there.  https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/best-soberrecovery/288406-10-ways-tell-when-addict-alcoholic-full-crap.html (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/best-soberrecovery/288406-10-ways-tell-when-addict-alcoholic-full-crap.html)

Reach out man there are resources available to help.  Take care of yourself Bruce.
Title: Re: Werewolves of FRIDAY
Post by: bruce205 on October 30, 2024, 06:55:52 PM
Thanks Old Timer !