Has anyone tried this game yet? I've pretty much heard nothing but good things. It's basically an immersive sim along the likes of Deus Ex. However it requires hardware ray tracing (RTX for Nvidia people) which I don't have, so I had to return it.
Any impressions?
None. But I have also been seeing good reviews. Which is strange, given how strange and disjointed the latest movie was.
Well, Disney shoots its properties by "scrapbooking" now, looking to cobble the story together in the edit and focus testing different story variations pieced together; a stupidly expensive way of doing things.
Also they were planning to reboot the series with a new character -- the evidence being a female "Indiana Jones" (possibly going by that name) -- by time travel shennanigans where the real Indy in the past would sacrifice himself to save her life, leading her to take up his iconic things and replacing him in all the past films in effect. That got leaked to annihilating fan hatred, and so a mad scramble was launched to save the film in the edit. (Replacing him with his son Mutt in Indy 4 would have been a lot smoother but that was still the basic plan.)
This game isn't doing any of that, and it doesn't have to deal with an actor rapidly aging out (or long-since aged out) of the role, so it's automatically ahead of the recent curve!
My son will probably get the game with his steam gift cards he got for christmas, he's a huge indy fan and was even indy for holloween a couple years ago. I'll let you guys know what he thinks after he does a playthrough.