GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: steve58 on December 19, 2024, 04:36:51 PM

Title: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: steve58 on December 19, 2024, 04:36:51 PM
Has started, two weeks after the Autumn Sale.  :idiot2: 
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 19, 2024, 05:29:25 PM
Yeah...not quite sure what the point of the autumn sale is.
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: CJReich46 on December 19, 2024, 08:13:49 PM
I'm looking at my wish list. I might actually get something off it.
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: rss334 on December 19, 2024, 10:09:19 PM
It has gotten to the point every other week seems like a sale somewhere and when there is no sale there are better than sale prices on the cd key sites.
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: Sir Slash on December 19, 2024, 10:41:00 PM
I am mightily tempted, there's some good-looking prices for a lot of the games on my Wishlist. Steam may have finally found my weak spot(s).  :HideEyes:
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: Sir Slash on January 02, 2025, 10:44:06 AM
Totally caved. Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg, the Downfall add-on, and The Black Grimore: Cursebreaker, a great little time-waster of a RPG/Hack & Slash heavy on the resource-gathering. Anybody else get bit by the Winter Sales Bug?
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 02, 2025, 10:50:00 AM
I bought 2 DLC for Mius Front, a turn-based tactical combat game about undead Romans called King Arthur: Legion IX, and a 4 player co-op space combat game called Void Crew.  I didn't have much interest in the last one but my friends twisted my arm.  I gotta say, I'm having quie a bit of fun with it as the ship's pilot. 
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: Con on January 02, 2025, 01:45:19 PM
Rogue trader ultimate edition
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: ArizonaTank on January 02, 2025, 02:37:44 PM
A few DLCs and some indie titles under $10. Very subdued for me this year.

I did go big on WDS titles however.
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: bobarossa on January 03, 2025, 10:21:46 AM
Didn't buy from Steam but did get Fields of Glory: Kingdoms from Matrix using my Anniversary coupon for $16.  Probably never play it. :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: JasonPratt on January 03, 2025, 11:52:01 AM
As noted elsewhere, I bought a ludicrous number of split-screen games (everything I thought even possibly age-appropriate) for playing with my grand-cousin when he visits. I think I also bought a few other things like Rogue Trader, but I'm not where I can check atm.

Very amusingly, I had another 15 cheap games/DLC lined up to pull the trigger on at the last minute, for a little under $40 total, and then when I checked yesterday afternoon ("after noon" being the salient terms compounded!)... blap, sale done! So I weaponized my procrastination in my wallet's favor.

I did however pick up a few things from Matrix directly combining their sale with my 50% anniversary coupon, one of those being Armored Brigade 2. The other two, which had Steam codes already, were ICBM Escalation, and the Dark Fate RTS + expansion.
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: Sir Slash on January 03, 2025, 11:59:45 AM
I got hooked on Cursebreaker after playing the FREE demo. I watched some videos of CMFB to see if anything new or great had been added and then I had to have it. It was the Pershings that did it.  :doh:
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: Destraex on January 03, 2025, 07:24:01 PM
I got "the great war western front" for $12. One of those games I will play when I run out of things to play I suspect. Good concept but will every battle be the same?
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: JasonPratt on January 03, 2025, 07:27:58 PM
See, this is what my procrastinative strategy prevented me from adding to!  :ThumbsUp:  :HideEyes:

Dec 20th
Against the Storm - Keepers of the Stone
Hogwarts Legacy
Creeper World Anniversary Edition
Creeper World 2 Anniversary Edition
Creeper World 4
Barony
Barony: Legends & Pariahs DLC Pack 2
Barony: Myths & Outcasts DLC Pack 1
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
Hydroneer: Journey to Volcalidus
WRC 7
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain
Renegade Ops Collection
No King No Kingdom
No King No Kingdom - Ruler of Angels
No King No Kingdom - Shield of Great Protectors
No King No Kingdom - Altar of War
No King No Kingdom - Soul Reaper
Battle of Hořice 1423
Ragnaröck
Divinity 2 Devloper's Cut
Imperiums: Rise of Caesar
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes DLC: Super Pack Steam Store and Retail Key
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes DLC: Asgard Pack Steam Store and Retail Key
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
LEGO MARVEL's Avengers - The Avengers Explorer Character Pack
LEGO MARVEL's Avengers - The Avengers Adventurer Character Pack
LEGO MARVEL's Avengers - The Thunderbolts Character Pack
LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers DLC - The Masters of Evil Pack
LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers DLC - Classic Captain Marvel Pack
LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers DLC - Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War Character Pack
LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers DLC - Classic Black Panther Pack
LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers DLC - All-New, All-Different Doctor Strange Pack
LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers DLC - Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Pack
LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers DLC - Marvel’s Ant-Man Pack

Dec 15th
LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 - Classic Guardians of the Galaxy
LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 - Agents of Atlas
LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 - Out of Time Character Pack
LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 - Champions Character Pack
LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 - Black Panther
LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 - Cloak and Dagger
LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 - Runaways
LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 - Infinity War
LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 - Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp Character and Level Pack
LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
Dogfight 1942
Dogfight 1942 Russia Campaign
Dogfight 1942 Fire Over Africa
Total War: WARHAMMER III - Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs
Total War: WARHAMMER III - Elspeth – Thrones of Decay
Total War: WARHAMMER III - Malakai – Thrones of Decay
Total War: Warhammer II – The Warden & The Paunch
Total War: WARHAMMER II – The Twisted & The Twilight
Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Silence & The Fury
Total War: WARHAMMER II - Blood for the Blood God II

Dec 13th
LEGO Jurassic World: Jurassic World DLC Pack
LEGO Jurassic World: Jurassic Park Trilogy DLC Pack 1
LEGO Jurassic World: Jurassic Park Trilogy DLC Pack 2
Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Ultima Founding
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 - Standard Edition
Vampire Hunters
Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Vulkan's Wrath
Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Angels of Death
Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Glory of Maccrage
Warhammer 40,000 : Armageddon - Ork Hunters
Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Soundtrack
Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Golgotha
Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Da Orks
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - NA Version
NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja STORM
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 2
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: Redwolf on January 03, 2025, 09:55:02 PM
I don't think I got anything in the Winter sale.
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: mbar on January 06, 2025, 10:26:31 AM
I had a cart with $70 dollars of games and DLC. Whittled it down to 2 games just over $15 dollars after taxes. I wasn't going to pass up on State of Decay 2 for only $3 dollars.
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: Sir Slash on January 06, 2025, 11:04:42 AM
Why isn't this guy in charge of the Federal Budget?  :notworthy:
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: Redwolf on January 06, 2025, 02:55:55 PM
I don't thing I got anything this time around.
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: MC on January 07, 2025, 12:41:25 PM
First time I passed on buying anything.
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: bruce205 on January 07, 2025, 01:06:56 PM
Arma Cold War Assault (aka Operation Flashpoint) for $4.99 . Loved this game from my youth !!
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: Father Ted on January 07, 2025, 01:33:42 PM
Quote from: bruce205 on January 07, 2025, 01:06:56 PMArma Cold War Assault (aka Operation Flashpoint) for $4.99 . Loved this game from my youth !!

Great game - I loved it in my, er, younger days.
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: Pete Dero on January 07, 2025, 01:41:29 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on January 07, 2025, 01:33:42 PM
Quote from: bruce205 on January 07, 2025, 01:06:56 PMArma Cold War Assault (aka Operation Flashpoint) for $4.99 . Loved this game from my youth !!

Great game - I loved it in my, er, younger days.

If you have Arma 3 you can play Cold War Assault as a mod.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2316343124
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: Bardolph on January 07, 2025, 01:45:03 PM
How about, we get shot at this evening, you give me your digital watch. We don't get shot at, I'll give you my Mini Lunchman.
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: Bardolph on January 07, 2025, 01:49:20 PM
There were at one point some mods that let you play the OFP campaigns co-op, though at this point I can't remember if they were for the original game or an ARMA III mod. I've played through the original OFP stuff at least a dozen times. Was happy when Reforger came out just to see all the 80s gear again ;)
Title: Re: Steam Winter Sale
Post by: steve58 on January 07, 2025, 04:46:09 PM
Didn't spend a penny this time.  Just waiting for stuff I really want to be released.