GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tripoli on December 22, 2024, 03:48:14 PM

Title: Rebel Fury by Mark Hermen coming to Steam
Post by: Tripoli on December 22, 2024, 03:48:14 PM
Mark Herman's Rebel Fury boardgame is being ported to a solo/two player computer game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3072160/Rebel_Fury/

Review of the boardgame is here: https://theboardgameschronicle.com/2024/10/26/review-rebel-fury/
Title: Re: Rebel Fury by Mark Hermen coming to Steam
Post by: son of guest on December 22, 2024, 07:22:49 PM
Woohoo!  I really like this board game so happy to see this announcement.  The Gettysburg port from this series was pretty decent but I'm played out on Gettysburg in general.
Title: Re: Rebel Fury by Mark Hermen coming to Steam
Post by: Rayfer on December 23, 2024, 07:49:08 AM
Good post Trip...I've eyed the board game for a while now but never pulled the trigger, it gets great reviews. Now I'll wait for the computer version.
Title: Re: Rebel Fury by Mark Hermen coming to Steam
Post by: Grogzilla on December 25, 2024, 12:11:02 AM
This looks pretty cool. Thanks for posting.
Title: Re: Rebel Fury by Mark Hermen coming to Steam
Post by: Senex on December 25, 2024, 10:28:31 AM
I wish they's port some of his other titles to computer - For the People, Washington's War, Churchill.
Title: Re: Rebel Fury by Mark Hermen coming to Steam
Post by: JasonPratt on December 26, 2024, 09:38:43 AM
Grogzilla, that's a great icon, handle, and tagline! I recognize the quote, too!

Maybe the computer version will allow adaptations of the prequel (Gettysburg) and the sequel, too (Army of the Potomoc).

Quote from: Senex on December 25, 2024, 10:28:31 AMI wish they's port some of his other titles to computer - For the People, Washington's War, Churchill.

The new Rally the Troops web-engine doesn't have many games yet, only 22, but good news! -- They do have Washington's War and one of its design sequels Waterloo Campaign 1815. (Also some of Volko Ruhnke's related work like Wilderness War, Andean Abyss, and Nevsky.)

I've been playing Andy, Time of Crisis (with its expansion), and Plantagenet, pretty regularly with the Crisis Grogs group for a year or more. It's a solid gaming engine, though with no oppositional AI. We just started messing with Maria this past week (which we used to play 'live' on Tabletop Simulator.)
Title: Re: Rebel Fury by Mark Hermen coming to Steam
Post by: Grogzilla on December 26, 2024, 02:20:13 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 26, 2024, 09:38:43 AMGrogzilla, that's a great icon, handle, and tagline! I recognize the quote, too!


Thanks bro. Long time lurker. I was just waiting for the perfect name and then one day recently, it hit me!
Title: Re: Rebel Fury by Mark Hermen coming to Steam
Post by: nelmsm on December 26, 2024, 09:10:02 PM
Quote from: Senex on December 25, 2024, 10:28:31 AMI wish they's port some of his other titles to computer - For the People, Washington's War, Churchill.

You can play Washington's War on the Rally The Troops site.  Got several games going now and room for more if anyone is interested.
Title: Re: Rebel Fury by Mark Hermen coming to Steam
Post by: Tripoli on February 27, 2025, 12:45:27 PM
Damn.  According to Steam, Nelmsm purchased the newly released "Rebel Fury" before I did.  I must be getting old..... :-)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3072160/Rebel_Fury/
Title: Re: Rebel Fury by Mark Hermen coming to Steam
Post by: Geezer on February 27, 2025, 02:38:12 PM
Short review here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaz4Y3TM2N4
Title: Re: Rebel Fury by Mark Hermen coming to Steam
Post by: nelmsm on February 28, 2025, 01:38:11 PM
Quote from: Tripoli on February 27, 2025, 12:45:27 PMDamn.  According to Steam, Nelmsm purchased the newly released "Rebel Fury" before I did.  I must be getting old..... :-)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3072160/Rebel_Fury/
Well as old as I am I'd hate to think what that made you!