It died when it was bought out, it was just a question of how long it was going to take.
It's weird because after the buy-out, the devs started pumping out updates for Dreadnoughts at a pretty amazing clip. Seems like it was updated once or twice a week for several months.
I really like their games.
Quote from: CaptainKoloth on December 26, 2024, 03:05:16 PMIt died when it was bought out, it was just a question of how long it was going to take.
Yeah these kind of companies are rent seekers usually. The opposite is Star Citizen, where the devs have complete freedom. The middle is probably the best outcome, passion with good time and budget management.
A new patch for Dreadnoughts was released today. It's labeled as "the last one".
Why are all my hobbies and interests so niche that they're always canceled?
Yeah. It's depressing. It seemed to me that ultimate general American revolution was also pushed out as almost a last patch scenario. That game is so good that I had hoped they would refine for in years to come. Now although it was not announced that way, that is what I expect. Just like Dreadnoughts.
Quote from: Destraex on December 28, 2024, 07:28:44 PMYeah. It's depressing. It seemed to me that ultimate general American revolution was also pushed out as almost a last patch scenario. That game is so good that I had hoped they would refine for in years to come. Now although it was not announced that way, that is what I expect. Just like Dreadnoughts.
I was going to finally get this one during the ongoing winter sale but have now backed off. :undecided: