GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Pete Dero on January 17, 2025, 03:05:54 PM

Title: FRIDAY Peaks
Post by: Pete Dero on January 17, 2025, 03:05:54 PM
In memory of David Lynch.





For gaming : Galactic Civilizations IV with the Megastructures DLC.

Enjoy the weekend !
Title: Re: FRIDAY Peaks
Post by: Tripoli on January 17, 2025, 03:19:07 PM
Fight Club work, including a play through of Armored Brigade 2, as we are considering using it in some of our activities.  BoC work.  Maybe some Carrier Battles for fun?
Title: Re: FRIDAY Peaks
Post by: Redwolf on January 17, 2025, 04:43:52 PM
I'm on a run of playing Combat Mission. Some C:MO.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Peaks
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 17, 2025, 06:20:54 PM
I'm sick as a dog. Probably some light gaming on my Legion Go from bed. The handheld rocks and with the Viture XR Pro glasses I got, its like playing on a giant screen!
Title: Re: FRIDAY Peaks
Post by: Tripoli on January 17, 2025, 09:39:23 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 17, 2025, 06:20:54 PMI'm sick as a dog. Probably some light gaming on my Legion Go from bed. The handheld rocks and with the Viture XR Pro glasses I got, its like playing on a giant screen!

Sorry you are sick.  Hope you get better soon!
Title: Re: FRIDAY Peaks
Post by: Dammit Carl! on January 17, 2025, 09:59:01 PM
Got a shed that has been the collective catch-all for anything/everything for a year now and it desperately needs a sortin'.

Otherwise, think it's about time to try out this year's gaming resolution of playing something Grigsby - got a few but maybe it'd be fun to do a side-by-side play of War in the Pacific and Warplan: Orange.  Dunno.  Real trick is to see just how long that sort of thing can keep my attention as I'm a flighty bird.

Stay safe, amigos, and keep the beer cold.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Peaks
Post by: Crossroads on January 18, 2025, 02:06:54 AM
Rest in Peace, David Lynch. FRIDAY Velvet was a definitive movie. That haunting quiet leaving the theater, Lynch's ability to evoke such visceral reactions was something else.

I bought CMO in the dying minutes of the Matrix Winter Sale. Will be interesting to dive into the Lua files that detail each situation. 
Title: Re: FRIDAY Peaks
Post by: Vox on January 18, 2025, 09:37:18 AM

"XIII Century Gold".  My Fav Medieval European tactical game play.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Peaks
Post by: bobarossa on January 18, 2025, 10:44:23 AM
Currently retro-gaming as Holland in Imperialism II from 1999.  Still one of my favorite games of all time. 
Title: Re: FRIDAY Peaks
Post by: SpaceGameJunkie on January 18, 2025, 11:46:25 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on January 18, 2025, 10:44:23 AMCurrently retro-gaming as Holland in Imperialism II from 1999.  Still one of my favorite games of all time. 
Man, it makes me sad that not only was that the last Imperialism game, but there's been nothing else quite like it since.

On my end, since I got a new gaming tablet (Lenovo Y700 2023 Edition), I'll be playing a lot of Undecember and Strike Fighters.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Peaks
Post by: Destraex on January 19, 2025, 01:21:22 AM

Star Citizen - I'm a glutton for pain but I have a friend who is even worse! He played through the whole time since preview 4.0 trying to get a persistent leg up so to speak. I think he has lost more than he has earned.

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock... really enjoying the campaign again this time with recently purchased DLC injected.


Company of Heroes 3 of Course

(https://i.imgur.com/5982Oj5.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/G37b7jG.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/eceIqcP.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/GF8unx6.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/FcdPEIm.png)
Title: Re: FRIDAY Peaks
Post by: Sir Slash on January 19, 2025, 11:04:45 AM
That looks pretty cool Des. I'm going taking a trip in the, 'Way Back Machine' to Medieval TW 2 as Spain. One of my all-time favorite TW campaigns. "My Lord, should we spare ANY of them"?  :knuppel2: