https://community.battlefront.com/topic/144795-the-tradition-continues-a-look-ahead-into-the-new-year/
The only news is that CMx3 will be both modern and WW2, and that both will come out approximately at the same time.
Not a lot there to chew on. But it hardly matters, if it's Combat Mission, it already knows it has me by the balls. I eagerly await having a new, improved version of this game put it's foot in my ass just like the old ones still do. :Dreamer:
Fingers crossed it's not just the "wider audience" version.
Coop multiplayer pls
I have this dream that Matrix wants to make some extra bucks off CMx2 and hands it off to an external team with some programmer who can grog Charles' code. And makes an earlier war Eastern Front module for CMRT.
BFC would never have done that, but Matrix might have been more open to the idea.
They might as well take my money now.....
The fact that it's Matrix/litherine now (in oversight anyway), gives me a lot of hope. :Dreamer:
Combat Mission PTO! I want to see some pixel-Devil Dogs in action. :jarhead0331:
Hmmm, maybe it is not completely out of the question:
"2. Upgrade 5 for CM2 is now a "wait and see" situation. My feeling is we'd be better off spending our time on CM3 than making CM2 work faster/smoother than it does right now. However, if CM2 were to stop working due to an OS or hardware change I can assure you that fixing it would be looked at very seriously. The upshot is Upgrade 5 is very much on our minds still, but it is not on the development calendar."
https://community.battlefront.com/topic/144795-the-tradition-continues-a-look-ahead-into-the-new-year/page/2/#findComment-2061543
To be clear, to get my money they don't even have to go engine 5. Just more modules in engine 4 would be enough for me (I would appreciate fixing the obvious bugs of course). So instead of a Charles-replacement programmer who can upgrade the engine you would "only" need one who can hack up whatever is required for adding new units. Which seems to be fairly involved, but still much easier than engine upgrades or new graphics APIs.
Is cm3 going to be a single entity I can buy and install or am I going to have to go thru the PITA upgrades from 1 to 2 and have all the modules verified and installed in the right order - because that would be the difference between buying or not
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 06, 2025, 06:49:21 PMIs cm3 going to be a single entity I can buy and install or am I going to have to go thru the PITA upgrades from 1 to 2 and have all the modules verified and installed in the right order - because that would be the difference between buying or not
Will be standalone.
Quote from: Destraex on February 06, 2025, 12:30:28 AMFingers crossed it's not just the "wider audience" version.
Coop multiplayer pls
I second that. Best way to play multi battalion scenarios in CM is divide and conquer with a friend or two.