GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tripoli on February 28, 2025, 09:17:30 AM

Title: Layla FRIDAY
Post by: Tripoli on February 28, 2025, 09:17:30 AM
Eric Clapton at the Live Aid Concert, 1985.  The song was inspired by a love story in 7th-century Persian literature about a young man who fell hopelessly in love with a beautiful young girl, went crazy, and so could not marry her.  This story inspired Clapton, as he had a secret love for Pattie Boyd, the wife of his friend George Harrison. The song's signature guitar riff was composed by Duane Allman composed the song's signature riff and played some of the guitar tracks.  The piano portion of the song is credited to Jim Gordon, but likely came from his girlfriend, Rita Coolidge. (source: Wikipedia)


Me.  I had the bad judgment to sign up for the Matrix games' Campaign Flashpoint tournament, which I really don't have time for.  However, I can't help myself.  :grin:   So it will be that, plus BoC work and Fight Club work.
Title: Re: Layla FRIDAY
Post by: solops on February 28, 2025, 10:53:47 AM
More TW Warmammer 3. Shadow Empire coming soon and maybe some Heart of the Machine.
Title: Re: Layla FRIDAY
Post by: Redwolf on February 28, 2025, 11:37:02 AM
It's Friday already :eek: ?
Title: Re: Layla FRIDAY
Post by: Pete Dero on February 28, 2025, 02:10:10 PM
No longer in the mood for any gaming.


Just watching the start of the cycling season in my country.
Title: Re: Layla FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on February 28, 2025, 03:14:12 PM
Great song

I will definitely give Task Force:Admiral a go this weekend
Title: Re: Layla FRIDAY
Post by: Fetrik on February 28, 2025, 05:50:45 PM
Some Dw2
Title: Re: Layla FRIDAY
Post by: Uberhaus on February 28, 2025, 06:07:11 PM
First game in the Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm tournament, I'll see how badly I get my posterior handed to me.
Title: Re: Layla FRIDAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on February 28, 2025, 08:15:58 PM
In a unusual move for me, put the Witcher 3 game in the que (borrowed from the Son's Steam account) so we'll see where that goes.  Last game I played maybe like that was the Hunter: The Reckoning offering for PS2 so yes; my lawn, get off. Bitte.

Otherwise, still World ofing and rounding the corner on an online rpg bit for my Daughter and her friend (Old School Essentials is the leading candidate for system and it is put together quite well, I may say).  Mrs. has shown a possible desire to pack a gat, so a nearby gun show may be in order as well so she can see the truly bewildering array of choices she's got to go with in this day and age.

Stay safe, folks, and see you out there.
Title: Re: Layla FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on March 01, 2025, 03:40:00 AM
I didn't finish it...because I just don't finish games...but I thought The Witcher III was excellent - and I don't really normally like those kind of games