What was the game that allowed WWII fighters to fight a range of jets? It was out in the 90s or early 2000s
Here is what ChatGPT says:
One of the best-known games that lets you pit fighter planes from different eras against each other in air combat is "Wings of Prey" (2009) and its predecessor "IL-2 Sturmovik" series (2001 and onward). However, if you're looking for something more arcade-style, the "Ace Combat" series (especially Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies from 2001) includes aircraft from multiple eras, even experimental planes.
Another great option is "Jane's Fighters Anthology" (1997), which allows for matchups between jets from different decades.
You're looking for Air Duel: 80 years of Dogfighting
https://www.myabandonware.com/game/air-duel-80-years-of-dogfighting-22h (https://www.myabandonware.com/game/air-duel-80-years-of-dogfighting-22h)
Also check out Dogfight: 80 years of Aerial Warfare
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1704630/Dogfight_80_Years_of_Aerial_Warfare/ (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1704630/Dogfight_80_Years_of_Aerial_Warfare/)
Yep - Micorprose. That was the baby. Thanks.
The video just reminded me of it.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 05, 2025, 03:38:28 AMYou're looking for Air Duel: 80 years of Dogfighting
https://www.myabandonware.com/game/air-duel-80-years-of-dogfighting-22h (https://www.myabandonware.com/game/air-duel-80-years-of-dogfighting-22h)
Also check out Dogfight: 80 years of Aerial Warfare
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1704630/Dogfight_80_Years_of_Aerial_Warfare/ (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1704630/Dogfight_80_Years_of_Aerial_Warfare/)
Sorry to be pedantic, but those are actually the same game.
https://www.mobygames.com/game/4226/air-duel-80-years-of-dogfighting/
Somehow I missed that game, wish I'd found it back in the day. I really wish there were more single player (with multiplayer) sim-lite games out there. I spent so many hours on Aces Over Europe/Pacific, US Navy Fighters, and others I can't remember. Thirdwire's Strike Fighers 2 was awesome but it seems abandoned now. Nuclear Option is probably my current favorite, but its still in Early Access.