GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tripoli on May 09, 2025, 03:06:26 PM

Title: Blue FRIDAY
Post by: Tripoli on May 09, 2025, 03:06:26 PM
Early this week (5 May) was the 64th Anniversary of Alan Shepard's flight in Freedom 7, so a space-themed song from the 60's seems appropriate.  And I don't like David Bowie's Space Oddity.  SO that left this: The docking sequence from Kubric's 2001 A Space Oddysey.  From my perspective, this scene has held up remarkably well in the 5+ decades since release.


Me?  Fight Club work.  Also, I'm toying with the idea of seeing if I can use AI to plan and fight Buford's stand on McPherson's Ridge on 1 July 1863 using "Scourge of War".  This could be a disaster.....
Title: Re: Blue FRIDAY
Post by: Pete Dero on May 10, 2025, 03:43:14 AM
Quote from: Tripoli on May 09, 2025, 03:06:26 PMa space-themed song from the 60's seems appropriate. 

A song from the 1860's to be more precise.

For gaming, still running around in Baldur's Gate 3.



Have a good weekend !
Title: Re: Blue FRIDAY
Post by: Destraex on May 10, 2025, 05:02:02 AM
Naval Action.

Company of Heroes
Maybe some Tank Squad
Maybe some Rule the Waves 3
Maybe a little Strategos

Title: Re: Blue FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on May 10, 2025, 05:45:33 AM
This is going to be a weekend of mostly jank. Tank Squad and Vietnam War. Despite their warts, they have me totally hooked. When I want to use my brain, I'll play Panzer Campaigns Poland 1939 or DCS.

Oh, I'm also making a UH-60 Black Hawk on my 3D printer.

Have a good one fellas.

EDIT: Forgot I picked up the new DLC for Mechwarrior 5 Clans, so I'll probably see some action in the Inner Sphere with Clan Ghost Bear.
Title: Re: Blue FRIDAY
Post by: W8taminute on May 11, 2025, 06:43:23 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers whether grogheads or not.   :Party:  :grin:


Been playing Battlefleet 2 the past few days.  Great naval strategy game that doesn't require too much brainpower.