GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: al_infierno on May 13, 2025, 10:38:03 PM

Title: VoiceAttack v2
Post by: al_infierno on May 13, 2025, 10:38:03 PM
Anyone tried out this voice recognition software?  The new version just came out a couple months ago.  Seems like a handy way to simplify giving squad commands in Ready or Not.  I really miss SWAT 4 and being able to just look at a door and say, "Gold, enter flash and clear," and have your squad do it.  Back when I had roommates, they probably wondered why I was always mumbling "enter flash and clear.... follow me.... enter flash and clear.... follow me.... enter flash and clear.... follow me" all night long  :Dreamer:

Any experiences with this?  Worth the money, or stick with potentially janky mods?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3046550/VoiceAttack_v2/
Title: Re: VoiceAttack v2
Post by: SpaceGameJunkie on May 13, 2025, 10:53:10 PM
I used the original Voice Attack for games like Elite: Dangerous, Klingon Academy and indeed SWAT 4 and it worked a treat. I should snag this one.
Title: Re: VoiceAttack v2
Post by: Pete Dero on May 14, 2025, 02:58:30 AM
Quote from: SpaceGameJunkie on May 13, 2025, 10:53:10 PMI used the original Voice Attack for games like Elite: Dangerous

Combined with a voice pack for more immersion : https://www.hcsvoicepacks.com/collections/elite-dangerous
Title: Re: VoiceAttack v2
Post by: SpaceGameJunkie on May 14, 2025, 03:01:56 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on May 14, 2025, 02:58:30 AMCombined with a voice pack for more immersion : https://www.hcsvoicepacks.com/collections/elite-dangerous

Yup!
Title: Re: VoiceAttack v2
Post by: Jarhead0331 on May 14, 2025, 04:33:15 AM
I've used it with DCS. It is very neat, but personally it didn't stick and I tend to not use it very often.
Title: Re: VoiceAttack v2
Post by: JudgeDredd on May 14, 2025, 05:17:13 AM
I used it a bit for DCS. It was very cool telling Goose to start up my Tomcat.

But honestly, like JH - it didn't stick - mainly for me because there were soooooo many controls you'd have to link to statements to and then remember - it simply wasn't really that practical.

Also - it had a slight issue with my Scottish accent  :hair:

I would imagine for a "normal speaking" person and a game with a handful of specific key assignments, it would be great. In fact, it might be handy (now I think of it) for my F1 game.
Title: Re: VoiceAttack v2
Post by: rss334 on May 14, 2025, 09:46:37 AM
Similar experience for me I used prior version the amount of time to setup, configure, and learn it outweighed the actual amount of time I used it so it got uninstalled. Version 2 appears to have made improvements and I think for someone with the time to properly use it, it's game changing.