https://www.xda-developers.com/89-million-steam-account-details-leak/
May be a good time to change your passwords and add 2 factor authentication (if you haven't already)
Thanks for the heads up. Steam was a little wonky when I changed mine...probably from 89 million accounts getting passwords changed.
Just changed mine without any trouble.
Thanks for the heads up. Good for those who have not changed pwds yet.
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/593110/view/533224478739530145
The leak consisted of older text messages that included one-time codes that were only valid for 15-minute time frames and the phone numbers they were sent to. The leaked data did not associate the phone numbers with a Steam account, password information, payment information or other personal data. Old text messages cannot be used to breach the security of your Steam account, and whenever a code is used to change your Steam email or password using SMS, you will receive a confirmation via email and/or Steam secure messages.
You do not need to change your passwords or phone numbers as a result of this event. It is a good reminder to treat any account security messages that you have not explicitly requested as suspicious.
Yeah saw that after changing passwords. I had never changed it before though so now I know how.
Yeah I know that steam was not directly affected and the two factor was old. But at the moment nobody knows how the breach was carried out. So it's still a good time to do so. Because if anything else comes to light you would be fine.