GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on July 09, 2025, 11:16:30 AM

Title: GoG's New Voting System
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 09, 2025, 11:16:30 AM
This is LONG overdue.

Finally, the people can formally vote for games they want to see on GoG.

https://www.gog.com/dreamlist/?smclient=561bdd1b-2ff0-4039-8d88-4c5aec46b379&utm_campaign=20250708_nl_Dreamlist_on_Galaxy_EN&utm_medium=email&utm_source=salesmanago&r=true (https://www.gog.com/dreamlist/?smclient=561bdd1b-2ff0-4039-8d88-4c5aec46b379&utm_campaign=20250708_nl_Dreamlist_on_Galaxy_EN&utm_medium=email&utm_source=salesmanago&r=true)
Title: Re: GoG's New Voting System
Post by: Sigwolf on July 09, 2025, 11:50:03 AM
It's actually been around for over a decade.  For some reason they've renamed it and are trying to promote it as something new, but even the votes I put in many, many years ago still show in the "new" system. 

It's good that they are giving it more exposure, but the system has been in place for a while.
Title: Re: GoG's New Voting System
Post by: CaptainKoloth on July 09, 2025, 10:07:31 PM
It also never seems to have any impact as far as I can tell (anecdotally) on which games they end up bringing to the platform.
Title: Re: GoG's New Voting System
Post by: SpaceGameJunkie on July 10, 2025, 07:49:10 AM
From what I can tell it's just engagement farming and little more.
Title: Re: GoG's New Voting System
Post by: bobarossa on July 10, 2025, 08:33:19 AM
They do have to consider obtaining rights and the difficulty in updating the game to modern systems vs profit.  So voting is only one element.  I used to start at the bottom of the list (50 pages down?).  That's where you find the wargames!
Title: Re: GoG's New Voting System
Post by: Anguille on July 13, 2025, 01:01:24 AM
I have revoted for some games...hope dies last.