GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on November 18, 2025, 05:23:19 AM

Title: Battleship Command
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 18, 2025, 05:23:19 AM
Didn't see this one coming. Add this to the list of exciting titles announced as part of the new microprose catalog.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3367430/Battleship_Command/ (https://store.steampowered.com/app/3367430/Battleship_Command/)

QuoteBattleship Command: Scharnhorst
Take command of a 30,000-ton Scharnhorst-class battleship in this immersive World War II naval simulation.

Explore the ship in first-person, walking its decks, bridges, and control rooms — all meticulously recreated from historical blueprints. Issue orders to your crew or take direct control of key stations, from gunnery and radar to navigation and damage control.

Hunt down merchant convoys, disrupt Allied supply lines, and clash with enemy warships across the stormy Atlantic, icy Norwegian Sea, and sunlit Mediterranean. Dynamic weather, sudden fog, and a full day–night cycle can hide you from your enemies — or conceal them from you.

Use authentic radar, rangefinders, and fire-control systems to track, target, and destroy your foes. Command an entire surface fleet of destroyers, cruisers, and battleships, coordinating maneuvers and tactics to outwit and overwhelm the enemy.

Key Features
• Authentic simulation of WWII naval gunnery and fire-control systems
• Historically accurate 3D model of the Scharnhorst-class battleship
• Expansive campaign areas covering Europe and North Africa
• Single missions and scenarios — both historical and fictional
• Quick and intuitive scenario editor
• Realistic damage and flooding modelling
• Dynamic ocean, weather, and lighting simulation
• Living world with active convoys, patrols, and merchant traffic

Title: Re: Battleship Command
Post by: Redwolf on November 18, 2025, 05:33:12 AM
Not bad so far.
Title: Re: Battleship Command
Post by: Destraex on November 18, 2025, 08:05:37 AM
Have been watching his videos on youtube for a while. Must have been puicked up. Congrats to him.
https://www.youtube.com/@battleshipcommand/videos
Title: Re: Battleship Command
Post by: Destraex on November 18, 2025, 08:34:21 AM
Good stuff
https://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=28027.msg746739#msg746739
Title: Re: Battleship Command
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 18, 2025, 08:39:59 AM
Quote from: Destraex on November 18, 2025, 08:34:21 AMGood stuff
https://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=28027.msg746739#msg746739

I guess I did see it coming.

I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night these days.  :Loser:
Title: Re: Battleship Command
Post by: JasonPratt on November 18, 2025, 06:11:52 PM
I keep throwing money at the screen, WHY CAN'T I BUY THIS YET!!  :smitten:
Title: Re: Battleship Command
Post by: Destraex on November 18, 2025, 09:41:50 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 18, 2025, 08:39:59 AM
Quote from: Destraex on November 18, 2025, 08:34:21 AMGood stuff
https://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=28027.msg746739#msg746739

I guess I did see it coming.

I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night these days.  :Loser:
Me either. I think you just meant through Microprose.
I must watch this guys stream. I wonder if he got some resources through microprose.
Title: Re: Battleship Command
Post by: trek on November 20, 2025, 08:43:58 AM
Youtube Video from Stealth17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiyPmxAnMoY
Title: Re: Battleship Command
Post by: Pete Dero on November 22, 2025, 01:06:02 PM
Battleship Command — Developer Interview :

Title: Re: Battleship Command
Post by: Destraex on November 23, 2025, 12:17:32 AM
That interview was good. What a cool dev. It really helped that the interviewer was very invested as well.
Title: Re: Battleship Command
Post by: JasonPratt on December 01, 2025, 07:30:43 PM
Naval Sim superfan Wolfpack345 runs a long interview and demo with the dev!