GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Lowenstaat on November 29, 2025, 12:29:56 PM

Title: Grand Tactician: Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815)
Post by: Lowenstaat on November 29, 2025, 12:29:56 PM
Yesterday, Grand Engineer Corps officially announced a sequel to Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861–1865), expanding Grand Tactician into a full game series!

The new title is Grand Tactician: Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815) (https://store.steampowered.com/app/3829400/Grand_Tactician_Napoleonic_Wars_17921815/).


Title: Re: Grand Tactician: Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815)
Post by: Lowenstaat on November 29, 2025, 12:37:35 PM
Here's a couple YouTubers' analysis of the announcement of the game:



Here's the Steam game page summary:

"Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815) is the second title in Grand Tactician series of historical real-time strategy games. The French Revolution has put Europe in turmoil, sparking an era of warfare in an unprecedented scale. Play historical campaigns of the Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars, from single theater focus campaigns to a Europe-wide grand campaign as one of the main belligerents. Manage your nation through political, diplomatic and military means. Recruit, upkeep and send on operations great armies of infantry, cavalry and artillery, and choose the best officers to lead your men. Support operations with constant flow of supplies or make war feed war.


MAIN FEATURES


Will you become the master of Europe?"
Title: Re: Grand Tactician: Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815)
Post by: JasonPratt on November 29, 2025, 04:01:57 PM
PROMPTLY WISHLISTED!
Title: Re: Grand Tactician: Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815)
Post by: W8taminute on November 29, 2025, 05:14:56 PM
I'm looking forward to this.   :ThumbsUp:
Title: Re: Grand Tactician: Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815)
Post by: Destraex on November 29, 2025, 07:57:41 PM
Holy crap. I am in! Is it multiplayer like scourge if war?
Title: Re: Grand Tactician: Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815)
Post by: JasonPratt on November 29, 2025, 09:40:28 PM
Not really the same kind of game despite the tactical battle form.

And no, the game(s) in this series haven't been multiplayer.

(I say "game(s)" because The Seven Years War is very similar in design and may be designer-related although I don't recall for sure. Not technically the same "series", of course.)
Title: Re: Grand Tactician: Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815)
Post by: Destraex on November 29, 2025, 11:47:43 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on November 29, 2025, 09:40:28 PMNot really the same kind of game despite the tactical battle form.

And no, the game(s) in this series haven't been multiplayer.

(I say "game(s)" because The Seven Years War is very similar in design and may be designer-related although I don't recall for sure. Not technically the same "series", of course.)
I have grand tactician civil war. Looked at it for 5 mins. Looked really good. But I did not have time to get into the weeds with it. So I know what the format is like. It is certainly something that could be multiplater in the way that stellaris or war in the pacific is multiplayer. But I guess it does mean that it leaves room for scourge of war to remain the king when it comes to grognard multiplayer battles.
Title: Re: Grand Tactician: Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815)
Post by: Destraex on November 30, 2025, 06:32:35 AM
This statement from the steam page blew me away. Not even scourge of war was 1:1.
"Epic battles in up to 1:1 scale, taking place in battlefields generated from topography of the exact location where forces engage."
Title: Re: Grand Tactician: Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815)
Post by: Skoop on December 01, 2025, 04:58:09 PM
Des, I agree It would be nice to have mp to experience this with friends.  It's a single player focused game for sure. 

In a way, this game and scourge compliment each other.  For mp, play scourge, for sp campaign experience play grand tactician.

Going off the civil war game, the campaign plays like hearts of iron, with tactical battles similar to scourge.  When I say hearts of iron, I mean historical fiction sandbox and in real-time.  There's settings to make it more historical, but I play games like this for the what if history, not doing the same as history.
Title: Re: Grand Tactician: Napoleonic Wars (1792-1815)
Post by: CJReich46 on December 01, 2025, 05:58:48 PM
Intrigued.  :Nerd:

I think I'd like this.