GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: Gusington on September 10, 2012, 09:46:52 PM

Title: Remember
Post by: Gusington on September 10, 2012, 09:46:52 PM
Eleven years later and the pain is still there. I want to forget but will never let myself. RIP to all those lost.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.worldstatesmen.org%2F9-11_Statue_of_Liberty_and_WTC.jpg&hash=e84db1d263b2486f1faf0a141135bdcd6312d547)
Title: Re: Remember
Post by: Steelgrave on September 10, 2012, 10:04:38 PM
It would be nice to think that somehow the anniversary tomorrow will be above political gain, but in an election year, I'm skeptical. And that makes me sad.

My thoughts go out to you, Gus, and to others who were so personally affected by 9/11
Title: Re: Remember
Post by: Gusington on September 10, 2012, 10:09:34 PM
Thanks Steelie.
Title: Re: Remember
Post by: Bison on September 10, 2012, 10:27:02 PM
God bless the souls lost on that horrific day.
Title: Re: Remember
Post by: MetalDog on September 10, 2012, 11:04:57 PM
I was just telling my son yesterday that when it happened, I felt the pull that so many others felt.  To go to NYC and help.  Rest in peace to all those lost.  May you find peace to all those who survived.
Title: Re: Remember
Post by: Greybriar on September 11, 2012, 01:50:05 AM
The U.S.A. was a better place before 9/11. I wish we could return to those days.

R.I.P. to those who died on that fateful day.
Title: Re: Remember
Post by: Martok on September 11, 2012, 06:23:52 AM
Quote from: Bison on September 10, 2012, 10:27:02 PM
God bless the souls lost on that horrific day.
...Except for those who crashed the planes.  May theirs know eternal suffering & torment. 

Actually, on second thought, they maybe didn't have souls in the first place... 


Title: Re: Remember
Post by: Keunert on September 11, 2012, 06:31:39 AM
a sad day to human history.
will not be forgotten
Title: Re: Remember
Post by: Gusington on September 11, 2012, 06:50:58 AM
I can tell you 'Phro. you did not want to be in NYC that day. I tried to give blood and was turned away because there was no need...it is hard to fully accept the reason why here was no need, even now.
Title: Re: Remember
Post by: TheCommandTent on September 11, 2012, 07:29:36 AM
A truly horrible day that should never be forgotten by us or generations to come.

Still every time I see pictures or videos of that day the feelings of shock, sadness and anger well up inside me.
Title: Re: Remember
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2012, 08:15:38 AM
9/11 never made me emotional.  No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't shed a tear.  I was in the area when it happened and I saw the burning towers before they collapsed, yet all I can still feel to this day is anger and hatred.  Maybe one day I will be able to let go of this... 
Title: Re: Remember
Post by: steve58 on September 11, 2012, 08:16:32 AM
When I see pictures (https://www.google.com/search?q=September+11,+2001&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&prmd=imvnsub&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=iDZPUITHLYSw0QG7-4CQBw&ved=0CD8QsAQ&biw=1084&bih=487) of that day, the anger always comes back.  May the innocents who perished that day rest in peace. 

I remember the first few anniversaries of 9/11 everyone would be flying their flags, but there were fewer every year.  We should never forget.
Title: Re: Remember
Post by: Centurion40 on September 11, 2012, 10:00:23 AM
Quote from: Bison on September 10, 2012, 10:27:02 PM
God bless the souls lost on that horrific day.

And their families & friends.  Amen.
Title: Re: Remember
Post by: OJsDad on September 11, 2012, 11:52:04 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2012, 08:15:38 AM
9/11 never made me emotional.  No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't shed a tear.  I was in the area when it happened and I saw the burning towers before they collapsed, yet all I can still feel to this day is anger and hatred.  Maybe one day I will be able to let go of this...

I didn't emotional either that day.  However, the next day, when I saw Queen Elizabeth had the band play the Star Spangled Banner during the changing of guard, I did.
Title: Re: Remember
Post by: Gusington on September 11, 2012, 12:55:26 PM
Anger and hatred are emotions.
Title: Re: Remember
Post by: bob48 on September 11, 2012, 01:16:54 PM
I remember my wife and I sitting stunned in front of the TV and watching it - we were both in tears. Its not something that we are ever likely to forget. One thing that makes me emotional is when you see the heroes that risked, and somtimes lost, thier lives in the attempt to rescue survivours, brave men and women indeed.