GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tripoli on September 11, 2026, 09:27:05 AM

Title: The Vacant FRIDAY
Post by: Tripoli on September 11, 2026, 09:27:05 AM
Being the 25th anniversary of 9/11, this song seems to me to be appropriate.  The lyrics were written in 1861 to memorialize the death of Lt. John William Grout, an eighteen-year-old lieutenant in the Union Army killed in the Battle of Ball's Bluff.  In 1862, it was set to music, and became one of the most popular songs of the war, expressing universal sentiments of suffering and loss experienced by families during the conflict.  RIP to Todd Beamer and all those who lost their lives on 9/11 and in the two decades of war that followed.


As far as gaming, I probably won't be doing much this weekend.  Still recovering from returning from Alaska.  Have a good weekend, y'all.
Title: Re: The Vacant FRIDAY
Post by: Pete Dero on September 11, 2026, 12:34:15 PM
25 years is certainly not long enough to forget the horror I watched live on TV that day.

For gaming : Steel Fury and Everspace 2.
Title: Re: The Vacant FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 11, 2026, 12:49:59 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on September 11, 2026, 12:34:15 PM25 years is certainly not long enough to forget the horror I watched live on TV that day.


I was there. I saw it in person.

I'm still angry.
Title: Re: The Vacant FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on September 11, 2026, 07:40:18 PM
I have bought 4 games in the last month and still haven't touched them because of Aurora 4x

For the first time I'm in a proper war - ship to ship and am reading up on ground war for the next stage

I'm happy with the navy's performance I just need to work on building an army and putting in the right hierarchy

So there will be that

There could be solar nations 2, solar expanse, terra invicta, civ 7, and planet zoo... but there won't
Title: Re: The Vacant FRIDAY
Post by: Destraex on September 12, 2026, 08:09:51 AM
Combat Mission Red Thunder on steam. Have not cracked this open in a while, but am talking to a friend who finally got access to his keys through support and is playing on steam.

Sins of a Solar Empire 2 - the Eidolon race DLC
Age of Empires IV - Having fun against hard A.I. with randoms playing the Japanese Sengoku
Star Citizen - did a few missions with a few friends. They had been mining all day and took a break to go do some combat missions. Good fun.

P.S. Has anybody watched a TV Show called Silent Service. I am enjoying the first season at the moment. Reminds me of a Japanese Hunt for Red october. Good for those that like sea sims here.
Title: Re: The Vacant FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on September 12, 2026, 09:33:53 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 11, 2026, 07:40:18 PMI have bought 4 games in the last month and still haven't touched them because of Aurora 4x

For the first time I'm in a proper war - ship to ship and am reading up on ground war for the next stage

I'm happy with the navy's performance I just need to work on building an army and putting in the right hierarchy

So there will be that

There could be solar nations 2, solar expanse, terra invicta, civ 7, and planet zoo... but there won't

However wardogs is making me moist
Title: Re: The Vacant FRIDAY
Post by: bobarossa on September 12, 2026, 12:04:10 PM
Just getting back into Shadow Empires after a year away.  I've forgotten so much (such as armor SUCKS when fighting in sand dunes).  And remembering how logistics works. 
Title: Re: The Vacant FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on September 12, 2026, 01:16:06 PM
Quote from: bobarossa on September 12, 2026, 12:04:10 PMJust getting back into Shadow Empires after a year away.  I've forgotten so much (such as armor SUCKS when fighting in sand dunes).  And remembering how logistics works. 

I never - not once figured out logistics - if you're a master please let me know
Title: Re: The Vacant FRIDAY
Post by: solops on September 12, 2026, 02:13:21 PM
Shadow EMMMPIIIIIRRRREE!
Title: Re: The Vacant FRIDAY
Post by: Redwolf on September 12, 2026, 03:43:37 PM
Quote from: Destraex on September 12, 2026, 08:09:51 AMP.S. Has anybody watched a TV Show called Silent Service. I am enjoying the first season at the moment. Reminds me of a Japanese Hunt for Red october. Good for those that like sea sims here.

It so happens that I was watching it yesterday.