GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tripoli on September 25, 2026, 09:12:57 AM

Title: Have you ever seen the FRIDAY?
Post by: Tripoli on September 25, 2026, 09:12:57 AM
CCR, 1970
 

There is a reason for this pick.  Task Force Admiral has released an update that now makes Ship detection by aircraft is now impacted by clouds.  So this weekend, I'll be doing some playtesting to see if I can ever see the rain.  :grin:   I hope y'all have a good weekend!

Title: Re: Have you ever seen the FRIDAY?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 25, 2026, 09:57:11 AM
Ever since I discovered the VR mod for Nuclear Option, I've been obsessed. Its such a great sim. Not sure what else my weekend gaming will bring, but its sure to involve a lot of explosions!

Have a great weekend!
Title: Re: Have you ever seen the FRIDAY?
Post by: Pete Dero on September 25, 2026, 01:12:36 PM
We are going through long periods of drought, so I haven't seen any rain lately.

For gaming it will be Everspace 2 and some Tank Squad.


Enjoy the weekend!
Title: Re: Have you ever seen the FRIDAY?
Post by: undercovergeek on September 25, 2026, 06:19:06 PM
There will be some Aurora 4x - applying the final touches to a planetary invasion force and then building the transport fleet complete with drop pods and escort ships is under way

I bought civ 7 in the 50% sale mainly because I don't think we'll see a sale like that for a good while and hope to at least scratch the surface this weekend

Currently vieing for attention is solar nations 2 and terra invicta and sea power and solar expanse

And there will soon be transport fever 3 which I find very relaxing and stress free
Title: Re: Have you ever seen the FRIDAY?
Post by: Destraex on September 26, 2026, 12:21:05 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on September 25, 2026, 01:12:36 PMWe are going through long periods of drought, so I haven't seen any rain lately.

For gaming it will be Everspace 2 and some Tank Squad.


Enjoy the weekend!
Tank Squad. Very cool. Love that game and all of it's bugs. I think it's a best of breed. Once it gets polish it will be awesome for the ages. It just has almost everything I want in a tank game.
Title: Re: Have you ever seen the FRIDAY?
Post by: Destraex on September 26, 2026, 12:23:33 AM
For me it's star citizen - we did some of the event cargo runs last night. I have the medium armour permanently attached to my account now.
Age of Empires IV has captivated me lately. So much depth to that game with the added fun of historical civs.
Title: Re: Have you ever seen the FRIDAY?
Post by: solops on September 26, 2026, 11:57:44 AM
Shadow Empire

Might try to sneak in some Aurora.
Title: Re: Have you ever seen the FRIDAY?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 26, 2026, 12:54:41 PM
Aurora is like a virus. One guy mentions it and before you know it, there goes the weekend.
Title: Re: Have you ever seen the FRIDAY?
Post by: W8taminute on September 27, 2026, 01:47:50 PM
Been playing a lot of Heroes & Generals ever since the community brought it back to life.  I'm so happy!

I also picked up Ultimate General: American Revolution a few weeks ago.  My my this game is really fun! Bugs and all.  There is definitely a playable and enjoyable game here despite the many negative reviews.  I like this game a lot and wish they would make a similar grand campaign style game set in the American Civil War. 

The old Ultimate General: Civil War is nothing but a bunch of stringed together missions.  Not exactly a grand campaign.
Title: Re: Have you ever seen the FRIDAY?
Post by: Destraex on September 28, 2026, 07:30:24 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on Yesterday at 01:47:50 PMBeen playing a lot of Heroes & Generals ever since the community brought it back to life.  I'm so happy!

I also picked up Ultimate General: American Revolution a few weeks ago.  My my this game is really fun! Bugs and all.  There is definitely a playable and enjoyable game here despite the many negative reviews.  I like this game a lot and wish they would make a similar grand campaign style game set in the American Civil War. 

The old Ultimate General: Civil War is nothing but a bunch of stringed together missions.  Not exactly a grand campaign.

UG:AR is a great game and I know there are a tonne of negative reviews trying to discourage people from feeding the company that killed it. But it is not finished in terms of polish. Definitely a whole lot of game rivaling Total War imho though.