OK, so get this. Egypt is using US money to buy German submarines so it can check Israeli naval operations.
At least that's how I think this story is unfolding.
QuotePresident Barack Obama's deputies are negotiating a $1 billion aid package with Egypt's new Islamist government, even as Egypt's cash-strapped military revealed that it is trying to buy $1 billion worth of German submarines that could threaten Israel's fast-growing offshore energy projects.
The German government has pointedly declined to deny the incendiary revelation about Egypt's request to buy the two submarines.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/10/obama-aids-egypt-as-it-tries-to-buy-u-boats
Oy vey. I feel my headache returning...
Another example of Hilary's reasoning?
And since we're broke, I'm assuming that we are borrowing that billion from China in order to lend it to our "friends" in Egypt. Who exactly does this make sense to????
This is just part of fullfilling the Noble Peace Prize expectations following its awarding. Nothing to see here. Move along. Peace in our times and all that!