GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Console Gaming => Topic started by: Grimnirsson on September 18, 2012, 03:25:57 PM

Title: Borderlands 2
Post by: Grimnirsson on September 18, 2012, 03:25:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-ldjgFHFII&feature=youtu.be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-ldjgFHFII&feature=youtu.be)

Finally, it's here! 33 reviews and still a 90% game, go out and buy it and then sink yourself in it... 8)

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/borderlands-2 (http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/borderlands-2)

Title: Re: Borderlands 2
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2012, 04:49:19 PM
This was a no-brainer, day one purchase for me, but then I started looking at the gameplay vids and it just doesn't look all that compelling.  I enjoyed the first one, but I think the genre has evolved past this kind of gameplay.  I'm still on the fence...if I do get it though, it will be on the PC.
Title: Re: Borderlands 2
Post by: Arctic Blast on September 18, 2012, 11:54:04 PM
I've had this pre-ordered for about a month. Pre-loaded it, tried it last night...

...and wasn't impressed. I took one look at that new Zero class that looks like a cyborg/ninja/assassin type and of course had to use that for my character. Thing is, I am NOT the stealthy type when I play this type of game.

So I started over as a Commando class...and now I'm having an absolute blast. Same twisted sense of humor, a slowly expanding world of things to do, really nice level up system with good but simple advancement choices, and a REALLY good PC version this time around.
Title: Re: Borderlands 2
Post by: Centurion40 on October 03, 2012, 01:46:48 PM
How does it compare to the first one?
Title: Re: Borderlands 2
Post by: Arctic Blast on October 03, 2012, 03:27:19 PM
Quote from: Centurion40 on October 03, 2012, 01:46:48 PM
How does it compare to the first one?

Several of us have been babbling a fair amount about it in the thread here : http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=2970.0

Overall, I think it's an improvement. Missions seem longer and more detailed, enemy variety is a bit better and the overall product just seems a lot more polished. Also, they take at least one really big swing towards some serious story telling that was done very well.
Title: Re: Borderlands 2
Post by: Bayonet_Chris on November 16, 2012, 09:29:40 AM
I'm enjoying the hell out of it, personally. I'm on xbox live as jccaran, if anyone is looking for multi-player.