Good thing China doesn't hold any significant amount of US debt ???
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/china-business/9551727/Bejing-hints-at-bond-attack-on-japan.html
Mods - oops, this probably should be in the CE forum...
I can move it.
All I know is that it keeps looking like things are going to hell in a handbasket.
It's all about the Benjamins. There is a massive amount of oil and gas near and under those islands.
I am sure Japan regrets having used the Americans (and their resources) to protect and defend them for this last half century.
At this point, the Japanese have very little in the way of capability to enforce their will on the Chinese...and they don't have the resources to develop a military post-haste.
Quote from: DennisS on September 18, 2012, 09:25:41 PM
It's all about the Benjamins. There is a massive amount of oil and gas near and under those islands.
I am sure Japan regrets having used the Americans (and their resources) to protect and defend them for this last half century.
At this point, the Japanese have very little in the way of capability to enforce their will on the Chinese...and they don't have the resources to develop a military post-haste.
my money will still be on the Japanese
That headline would be so much cooler if the "b" in bond were capitalized.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.asiaarts.ucla.edu%2Fmedia%2Fimages%2Fchowbond.jpg&hash=c33d873bead0ef1d2a068a8c1ccedc23d3faab12)