GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: LongBlade on September 27, 2012, 05:27:43 AM

Title: The Cost of a President
Post by: LongBlade on September 27, 2012, 05:27:43 AM
Just ran across this article. Apparently the Obama family costs taxpayers $1.4 billion a year with all the entertainment, staff, and electioneering added together.

QuoteGray told The Daily Caller that the $1.4 billion spent on the Obama family last year is the "total cost of the presidency," factoring the cost of the "biggest staff in history at the highest wages ever," a 50 percent increase in the numbers of appointed czars and an Air Force One "running with the frequency of a scheduled air line."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/26/taxpayers-spent-1-4-billion-on-obama-family-last-year-perks-questioned-in-new-book/
Title: Re: The Cost of a President
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 27, 2012, 05:58:16 AM
I'm curious how that compares to other Presidents.  Is that normal? close to normal? abnormal in which direction (high/low)?
Title: Re: The Cost of a President
Post by: LongBlade on September 27, 2012, 06:52:58 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 27, 2012, 05:58:16 AM
I'm curious how that compares to other Presidents.  Is that normal? close to normal? abnormal in which direction (high/low)?

I was looking for that, too. Best I could find in the article is a 50% increase in czars.

From the tone it's obvious that this is a big number and out of line from "normal" but they didn't really tell us what "normal" is. That isn't good. I'll see if I can dig around some more.
Title: Re: The Cost of a President
Post by: LongBlade on September 27, 2012, 06:54:12 AM
Update - I guess we'll have to buy the book to find out: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0974810355/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0974810355&linkCode=as2&tag=grogheads-20
Title: Re: The Cost of a President
Post by: mirth on September 27, 2012, 07:55:51 AM
I'm shocked that the article involves someone promoting a new book.  :P