GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: TheCommandTent on September 28, 2012, 07:39:24 AM

Title: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: TheCommandTent on September 28, 2012, 07:39:24 AM
TaleWorlds has announced Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord!

http://www.taleworlds.com/


There is really no detail on the website aside from the announcement and a boring video with just words no in game footage.  However, I've really enjoyed MB and MB Warband so I am looking forward to this.  Hopefully we will get some more detail soon.
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: Bison on September 28, 2012, 07:56:03 AM
This has been in the rumor mill for quite sometime, but glad to see it's offical now.  I love Mount and Blade and am excited to see what features they are looking at adding to the game.
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: PanzersEast on September 28, 2012, 08:01:11 AM
Was on on the early build of Mount & Blade... will be early on this one as well.  Glad to see this come along as it has, and by some dedicated devs.


PE
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: Nefaro on September 28, 2012, 09:11:19 PM
Anyone know what will be new/different in this one?
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: TheCommandTent on September 28, 2012, 09:17:31 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 28, 2012, 09:11:19 PM
Anyone know what will be new/different in this one?

Nope.  There was not detail given with the announcement other then the title.
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: MengJiao on October 16, 2014, 01:51:03 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 28, 2012, 09:11:19 PM
Anyone know what will be new/different in this one?

  There are some screenshots.  You can ride toward the dawn with a glistening helmet:

     https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Media

    There's a blog from Sept 27 about engine power (moving trees around!)

    https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog

   And a forum:

     http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php     

Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: Cyrano on October 16, 2014, 03:21:44 PM
Mmmm...glistening helmet...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: Nefaro on October 16, 2014, 10:16:05 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on October 16, 2014, 03:21:44 PM
Mmmm...glistening helmet...



LOL!

Is that like a "Jimmy Hat"?
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: MengJiao on October 17, 2014, 10:11:04 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 16, 2014, 10:16:05 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on October 16, 2014, 03:21:44 PM
Mmmm...glistening helmet...



LOL!

Is that like a "Jimmy Hat"?

Is this from the Lore of Catafuego?
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: fran on December 18, 2022, 12:57:42 AM
Would anyone recommend to pick this up in the Sales.

Enjoyed the the first one...is the 2nd one worth it?
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: ArizonaTank on December 18, 2022, 01:12:47 AM
Quote from: fran on December 18, 2022, 12:57:42 AM
Would anyone recommend to pick this up in the Sales.

Enjoyed the the first one...is the 2nd one worth it?

Bannerlord is the best of all the games IMHO...everything is just much better. You should be able to get it on sale with the holidays coming up.
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: W8taminute on December 19, 2022, 11:33:53 AM
I'll echo what Arizona is saying.  I don't have Blade II but I do have Bannerlord and it's a great game.  Tons and tons of very good mods are available for Bannerlord as well. 

Not sure how many decent mods are around for Blade II. 
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: al_infierno on December 19, 2022, 01:39:00 PM
^ Mount and Blade 2 & Bannerlord are the same game.   :buck2:

I'll second the recommendations, Bannerlord is excellent and well worth the asking price.  It's an improvement on just about everything in the previous games (except fewer mods)
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: W8taminute on December 19, 2022, 01:41:36 PM
^Haha!  Oh yeah, I see that now.  I thought he was referring to the latest Mount & Blade.  My bad! 
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: Gusington on December 19, 2022, 01:41:41 PM
Making a game out of Blade 2 would be pretty awesome  :dreamer:

(https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BOWVjZTIzNDYtNTBlNC00NTJjLTkzOTEtOTE0MjlhYzI2YTcyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg)
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: Victor on December 20, 2022, 11:58:03 AM
Quote from: al_infierno on December 19, 2022, 01:39:00 PM
^ Mount and Blade 2 & Bannerlord are the same game.   :buck2:

I'll second the recommendations, Bannerlord is excellent and well worth the asking price.  It's an improvement on just about everything in the previous games (except fewer mods)

That depends on point of view I guess. The official forums are awash with disappointed fans getting very angry about previous mechanics not making it into this game. The game is bigger, shinier, combat has seen some improvements, but the rest of it seems to have taken a step back with no plans to add it back (especially on the management side, things like holdings, diplomacy, etc).

That criticism and the way modders are struggling (apparently the campaign map is not editable itself, you can just add or remove objects so total conversions are out) has kept me from buying so far but I've been with the series since the start.
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: acctingman on December 20, 2022, 12:19:08 PM
I guess there is a Lord of the Rings mod being created for this game (Kingdom of Arda). I'm waiting for that mod to be released, if it does, before I buy this game.
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 23, 2025, 05:35:11 PM
First DLC announced. Could be epic!

Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: Destraex on March 24, 2025, 10:29:39 PM
Yeah I saw this. Looks pretty cool at the same time as pretty gimmicky. It will all depend on how many real sailing and rowing mechanics are in.
Title: Re: Mount & Blade II Announced
Post by: Vox on March 25, 2025, 03:11:47 PM
I'm a sucker for anything Mount and Blade. Liked the series esp with mods.