GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: Keunert on October 04, 2012, 07:04:04 AM

Title: improv ze englisch
Post by: Keunert on October 04, 2012, 07:04:04 AM
Apparantly the EU has some good ideas lately:

(https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/9/28/zoSSCyhkiU2t3GEjMZtGRQ2.png)
Title: Re: improv ze englisch
Post by: W8taminute on October 04, 2012, 08:18:37 AM
Aber kann Ich Deutsch sprechen noch jetzt.   :D
Title: Re: improv ze englisch
Post by: Keunert on October 04, 2012, 09:15:30 AM
That können Du bemerkenswert well!
Title: Re: improv ze englisch
Post by: W8taminute on October 04, 2012, 12:05:55 PM
^Vielen Dank!

Today I learned a new word in German at one of the many meetings I have to go to.  It was about Kostfrei Lieferung and part deliveries to our customers. 
Title: Re: improv ze englisch
Post by: Keunert on October 04, 2012, 04:50:09 PM
Kostfrei! ehat a word, never even used it. what kind of work are you doing???
Title: Re: improv ze englisch
Post by: W8taminute on October 04, 2012, 05:09:52 PM
I'm a quality engineer in a company that makes semi conductor components.  We make chips for everything from cellular phones to televisions to airbag sensors in cars.  Some of the shipments we send to our larger customers are designated as KL (Kostfrei Lieferung) material because we promise them x amount of units at no delivery charge.  Don't really know why but I guess it has something to do with customer service and what the sales team promises our customers.
Title: Re: improv ze englisch
Post by: LongBlade on October 04, 2012, 05:35:47 PM
Quote from: Keunert on October 04, 2012, 04:50:09 PM
Kostfrei! ehat a word, never even used it. what kind of work are you doing???

I'm thinking "Kostenlos" might work better? Or "Gratis"?