Sunday starts elections in Venezuela for a new El Presidente.
The reports I'm reading indicate that the popular vote may go against Chavez, but that's not accounting any attempts to steal the election.
This could be interesting.
QuoteTwo days ahead of voting, Villamizar echoed a widespread feeling that the race is so close that the election will be decided by a large pool of voters, perhaps 10 percent, making up their mind in the voting booth.
Opinion polls have varied widely and are largely considered unreliable, so intuition is getting a workout.
"There are so many Chavistas, so many people who live in this barrio ... who are public employees and have been obliged to attend government rallies," she said. "But when it comes to the moment of truth are not going to vote for Chávez," she said.
"And there are others who will do the opposite."
Villamizar said she had no idea what would happen Sunday.
"I'll tell you, I don't know. I just don't know. Let it be what God wills. "
Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2012/10/06/chavez-fate-in-elections-lies-in-venezuela-divided-barrios
Even if the election goes against him, Chavez will find a reason to declare it null and void. Then it will be interesting to see how the people respond.
The poor still make up the majority and still support him as he's allocated 20% of spending to social programmes. As long as the inflation issues don't continue to worsen as they have been, I suspect he'll win again.
"Those who cast votes, count for nothing.
Those who count the votes, count for everything." Josef Stalin.
Democracy. Bread. Circus. What.... no TV debates?