GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: DicedT on October 25, 2012, 08:26:18 AM

Title: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: DicedT on October 25, 2012, 08:26:18 AM
We all want to spread the gospel of wargaming. But like it or not, the communications today is done through social media. I don't love Facebook or Twitter, I don't use them more than necessary, but I do use them because they are the today's tools for sending or receiving news.

So let's exchange Twitter and Facebook addresses. This way, we can circulate wargaming news to a much larger audience.

My Twitter is https://twitter.com/Mipeck1
My Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/michael.peck.967

Michael
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: Huw the Poo on October 25, 2012, 12:33:19 PM
Same here.  I absolutely detest Facebook but since pretty much everyone I know in real life uses it, I have to as well.  Otherwise I'm just too far out of the loop.  I wish I could convince them all to use Diaspora instead.

Twitter I just use as a news feed.  I rarely say anything on it, I just retweet what I think is interesting.  Although it is useful to use to bug Wester from Paradox. :)
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: Arctic Blast on October 25, 2012, 04:20:49 PM
I'm on Twitter : https://twitter.com/elcliff76

I curse a lot, rant about sports a lot, and talk about games. And curse. And yell at people. Usually with cursing.
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: DicedT on October 25, 2012, 04:22:05 PM
Just added you to my Twitter. Feel free to add me.
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: The Puss on October 25, 2012, 04:36:29 PM
Facebook - Chris Martin Location - Kilmarnock, Scotland, United Kingdom

Twitter - @KadiTimes
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: bob48 on October 25, 2012, 05:05:59 PM
http://www.facebook.com/robert.ellis.355138?

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: Sigma One on October 29, 2012, 10:40:40 AM
I'll just post my Twitter because it's one of the wittiest names I'll ever come up with my nerd life:

https://twitter.com/ScottsAlive
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: Gusington on October 29, 2012, 10:54:46 AM
I'm not on either. And get off my lawn.
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: Sigma One on October 29, 2012, 10:58:15 AM
Quote from: Gusington on October 29, 2012, 10:54:46 AM
I'm not on either. And get off my lawn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7X2_V60YK8

;D
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: Windigo on October 29, 2012, 11:34:12 AM
Quote from: Gusington on October 29, 2012, 10:54:46 AM
I'm not on either. And get off my lawn.

Sorry....I can't hear you..... hurrican winds you know.....
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: W8taminute on October 29, 2012, 12:54:28 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 29, 2012, 10:54:46 AM
I'm not on either. And get off my lawn.

What Gus said.
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: Gusington on October 29, 2012, 01:00:48 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Frlv.zcache.com%2Fseriously_get_off_my_lawn_2_hat-p148728929240101115z8nb8_400.jpg&hash=4978d620ee42273e088af0b75b5520fe73bb57fa)
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: bob48 on October 29, 2012, 02:39:10 PM
^Love it :)
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: Arctic Blast on October 29, 2012, 03:25:45 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 29, 2012, 01:00:48 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Frlv.zcache.com%2Fseriously_get_off_my_lawn_2_hat-p148728929240101115z8nb8_400.jpg&hash=4978d620ee42273e088af0b75b5520fe73bb57fa)

Or you'll make us wear something from your collection of trucker caps?
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: Gusington on October 29, 2012, 04:34:36 PM
Yeah man you never want to be accused of being a hipster dufus.
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: MetalDog on October 29, 2012, 07:50:20 PM
^ You might make poorly timed minority jokes and be ostracized and marginalized after a brilliant run on a critically acclaimed tv sitcom.
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: Martok on October 30, 2012, 12:49:32 AM
Ugh.  I hated Seinfeld.  Never understood why that show was funny. 

Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: MetalDog on October 30, 2012, 11:24:29 PM
I had a love hate relationship with that show.  I thought it was stupid, but the characters were consistent and their portrayal of awful human beings in everyday situations was spot on.  I laughed many times in spite of my self.  I was mad at my self afterwards.
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: Yskonyn on November 01, 2012, 04:32:03 PM
From Seinfeld back to social media;
No I am not (anymore). I have cancelled my Facebook account due to the constant privacy infringement tricks they seem to pull. I don't have energy to keep up with having to constantly monitor some obscure setting in my account configuration menus.

Besides, I don't care to read about people's 'look at how cool my life is' notices.
Same goes for Twitter; I do not care wether some dude took a dump at the exact same time every day, nor that girl finding these perfect shoes. :D

There is just so much nonsense people feel the need to share.

I like my 'out of the loop' piece of mind. I frankly don't care to be 'in the loop'.
The people I care about use an ancient device called; a telephone.
Yes we actually talk to eachother. Isn't that oldskool?! ;)
Title: Re: Facebook and Twitter
Post by: W8taminute on November 02, 2012, 12:11:14 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on November 01, 2012, 04:32:03 PM
There is just so much nonsense people feel the need to share.

I like my 'out of the loop' piece of mind. I frankly don't care to be 'in the loop'.
The people I care about use an ancient device called; a telephone.
Yes we actually talk to eachother. Isn't that oldskool?! ;)

+1