Anheuser Bush has ceased beer production in Georgia and will instead ship water to the northeast for disaster relief.
QuoteThe brewery plans on shipping 1 million cans of drinking water to New York and New Jersey from its Cartersville, Ga., brewery, MyFoxAtlanta reports.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/03/anheuser-busch-halts-beer-to-make-water-for-sandy-victims
The GM of the plant said:
Quote"When you look at the devastation, this is the least thing that we can do. We're good at this. This is our way of helping," said Haas.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/03/anheuser-busch-halts-beer-to-make-water-for-sandy-victims/
Bravo for them.
Cool. Thanks for sharing boss.
Smart. That is serious good will building in the area for little cost to them. Many people will switch brands as a reply.
it would be smarter if they shipped in free beer!
Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on November 03, 2012, 01:22:15 PM
Smart. That is serious good will building in the area for little cost to them. Many people will switch brands as a reply.
I'll buy when they start making a beer I enjoy drinking. However, I'm thrilled to see this kind of support for the community, and I'll remember this the next time I decide to try one of the mass-produced brews.
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 03, 2012, 01:33:12 PM
it would be smarter if they shipped in free beer!
It would be even smarter if they started making decent beer to begin with!
Seriously though, good initiative by them.
Good on them! They have done this before. IRRC it was after Hurricane Irene.
EDIT: They have been doing it a while it seems:
QuoteSince 1988, Anheuser-Busch has donated more than 70 million cans of drinking water following natural and other disasters.
http://www.wavy.com/dpp/weather/hurricane/anheuser-busch-donates-drinking-water (http://www.wavy.com/dpp/weather/hurricane/anheuser-busch-donates-drinking-water)
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 03, 2012, 01:33:12 PM
it would be smarter if they shipped in free beer!
Couldn't agree more!! ;) Besides those folks need cheering up after all they've been through. :)
They have been doing this for a very long time. I have a can of "bud water" that I use in class occasionally that came from the early 1990s.
Question - is Bud Water any different from Bud Lite?
A neat move by a good company that makes crap beer.
I hope the other companies don't try to ship H2O too... because that would be deadly. (A little chemistry humor).
Quote from: son_of_montfort on November 21, 2012, 02:17:20 AM
I hope the other companies don't try to ship H2O too... because that would be deadly.
[groan] Chemistry puns. Spare me.
Quote from: Martok on November 21, 2012, 02:25:37 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on November 21, 2012, 02:17:20 AM
I hope the other companies don't try to ship H2O too... because that would be deadly.
[groan]
Chemistry puns. Spare me.
Daughter #1 has been telling me that joke for a few months. She loves it.