Time to add another entry to the definition of Nerdgasm...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickfrenzy/sets/72157630914408000/
Linking or D/Ling the pix is disabled by the builder so you will have to see for yourself.
Nice.
Wow, I wonder how long that took.
Damn, that's sick.
That is totally kick-ass!
I would so like to make this one my avatar but I feel I need to respect the builder's wishes and not swipe it:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickfrenzy/7778507300/in/set-72157630914408000
IIRC there used to be a CAD program you could D/L from Lego that let you design things and would then give you a list of needed pieces which you could then order as a custom picked set. I wonder how large an item you could actually design that way.
FWIW...I went to BrickCon in Seattle about three weeks ago. Quite amazing. There was a massive Hogwarts castle (500,000+ elements), a great ancient world (Egypt, Greece, Rome, China) panorama, and some great modern buildings. I can possibly post pics, if anyone is interested.
Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 11, 2012, 05:26:52 PM
Wow, I wonder how long that took.
475 hours over 21 months, weighs 135lbs and has around 70,000 pieces and has a full interior including cargo bay and bridge with lights in the cargo bay and Firefly drive!!
Quote from: Jack Nastyface on November 12, 2012, 01:12:03 AM
FWIW...I went to BrickCon in Seattle about three weeks ago. Quite amazing. There was a massive Hogwarts castle (500,000+ elements), a great ancient world (Egypt, Greece, Rome, China) panorama, and some great modern buildings. I can possibly post pics, if anyone is interested.
Yes please post pictures!
Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 12, 2012, 08:31:03 AM
Quote from: Jack Nastyface on November 12, 2012, 01:12:03 AM
FWIW...I went to BrickCon in Seattle about three weeks ago. Quite amazing. There was a massive Hogwarts castle (500,000+ elements), a great ancient world (Egypt, Greece, Rome, China) panorama, and some great modern buildings. I can possibly post pics, if anyone is interested.
Yes please post pictures!
+1
In no particular order...
Ancient Rome...Bricks and Sand, if you will..
Ancient Greece...Neptune's wrath
At the gates of Troy
Most of hogwarts....should give you an idea of scale
A detail of Hogwarts...every building had these cut-away vignettes.
Close up of Helm's Deep
and the McLaren F1 car, circa 1990's...
Very cool!
Those are some great builds, thanks for sharing the pictures!
Very, very cool.
Wow.
Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 13, 2012, 12:38:55 AM
Those are some great builds, thanks for sharing the pictures!
Ditto!