http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpeck/2012/11/15/how-the-u-s-military-would-crush-a-tea-party-rebellion/
Twits. The US rule that the military cannot act on domestic soil is pretty smart. It prevents tards like these guys from making a mess.
All that you have to do is allow secession of the town after immediate payback of all per capita debts. Then see how much trade they get with surrounding states. They cant pay for shite with their new currency. They are instantly dropped back to an agrarian society. No advanced medicine, no advanced education, etc, it becomes a place to transport all your shite to. Actually give them some currency by making a trade deal of a big jail. Send all the trash there.
See how many other places want to follow that example.
Sounds implausible.
QuoteOne has to wonder if a militia would be so formidable that the state National Guard couldn't handle it. But then the premise of Benson and Weber's scenario is that local authorities might not be able to trust local forces to fight rebels, or that local voters might punish politicians who try to do so.
If you're talking about Darlington, you're talking ground-zero for a bunch of folks I know, and quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to find out some of them were involved. Oh, and I knew them all from the SC Army National Guard.
I could even give you a reasonably accurate breakdown of what's on the ground, where it is, and what they're doing with it.
Here's the one off-base thing about the scenario, though. Darlington (https://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&oe=UTF-8&q=darlington,+sc&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x885569491d3bb8ed:0x4f07634fd26e39a1,Darlington,+SC&gl=us&ei=TmClUOP_LMrF0QHZ94DwAQ&ved=0CI8BELYD) is a little ways off of I95. If you want a more entertaining scenario, have Florence blockade both I-20 and I-95 where they meet. That'll get a lot more attention. Plus, Florence actually has multiple media broadcasters (incl WPDE-TV); Darlington just has a raceway.
Interesting. So maybe there was a reason they chose Darlington? And South Carolina?
Brant, how reliable do you think a state's National Guard would be - even if federalized - in thi scenario?
Michael
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 15, 2012, 04:37:56 PM
QuoteOne has to wonder if a militia would be so formidable that the state National Guard couldn't handle it. But then the premise of Benson and Weber's scenario is that local authorities might not be able to trust local forces to fight rebels, or that local voters might punish politicians who try to do so.
If you're talking about Darlington, you're talking ground-zero for a bunch of folks I know, and quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to find out some of them were involved. Oh, and I knew them all from the SC Army National Guard.
I could even give you a reasonably accurate breakdown of what's on the ground, where it is, and what they're doing with it.
Here's the one off-base thing about the scenario, though. Darlington (https://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&oe=UTF-8&q=darlington,+sc&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x885569491d3bb8ed:0x4f07634fd26e39a1,Darlington,+SC&gl=us&ei=TmClUOP_LMrF0QHZ94DwAQ&ved=0CI8BELYD) is a little ways off of I95. If you want a more entertaining scenario, have Florence blockade both I-20 and I-95 where they meet. That'll get a lot more attention. Plus, Florence actually has multiple media broadcasters (incl WPDE-TV); Darlington just has a raceway.
I've been through Florence and down I-95 tons of times.
The old I love my country so much I am willing to destroy it
in order to force my political ideals on my countrymen song.
I guess people got off too easy from the last civil war.
The thing about those outsiders who would like to harm USA
is THEY do not differentiate between right and left wing Amis.
To much of the world the right wing extremist represents "America".
Quote from: DicedT on November 15, 2012, 04:44:26 PMBrant, how reliable do you think a state's National Guard would be - even if federalized - in thi scenario?
depends on the state. further comments I'd rather relay personally rather than in an open forum, so as not to overly-offend folks, but remember, I was an intel dude for a while, and pretty good at it (w/o going to school for it) for a reason ;)
your magic 8ball was just lucky.
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 15, 2012, 07:48:36 PM
but remember, I was an intel dude for a while, and pretty good at it (w/o going to school for it) for a reason ;)
You dressed slutty?
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 15, 2012, 08:24:56 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 15, 2012, 07:48:36 PMbut remember, I was an intel dude for a while, and pretty good at it (w/o going to school for it) for a reason ;)
You dressed slutty?
that had nothing to do with the military; I just lost a bet ;)
Quote from: Longdan on November 15, 2012, 06:42:51 PM.
I guess people got off too easy from the last civil war.
Who said they aren't still fighting it... ;)
You know, there was a time when we weren't political in the military...at least not so openly.
The badguys were always red or orange; the Country of Orange....
Today we link to a political organization in the country.
"A right-wing militia" inspired by the Tea Party. The media has done an outstanding job of presenting the Tea Party, the Oath Keepers and numerous other non violent groups as being violent.
We would never link it to political organizations like the 'Occupy Wall Street" which does what the scenario says; it occupies, establishes checkpoints.......there have been a lot more 'Occupy' events throughout the states and the rest of the world than there have been Tea Party events.
Yet it has to be the evil Tea Party...throw in some Veterans...and scare the hell out of the public.
Occupy Wall Street not a good organization...how about the New Black Panthers. They have a history of intimidation.
There are enough violent organizations out there, why choose the non violent Tea Party?
Yes, I realize this was a scenario made by someone else but why not create a scenario in line with the reality of the various groups out there? How often does a game get played if you can't make new scenarios?
You know me, IMO, the article just another political article like the thousnads on the lame stream media.
Wouldn't be the first time.
101st Airborne Division soldiers deployed to Little Rock in 1957 to enforce desegregation. They were there for three months protecting the Little Rock Nine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101st_Airborne_Division#Civil_rights
82nd Airborne Division deployed to Detroit in 1967 to help quell riots. They actually engaged in firefights. One federal soldier was killed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_Detroit_riot#July_26.E2.80.9327