GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on November 23, 2012, 11:48:02 AM

Title: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 23, 2012, 11:48:02 AM
Well, she's out of the first trimester so I guess that makes it officially official. 

Yes, the news you may have heard on Fox, MSNBC, CNN, AP, Reuters, in the WSJ, NYT, the Onion and the Duffel Blog, is true...my girlfriend and I are expecting our first baby.  I'm going to be a dad.  I've been waiting all twelve weeks to tell you guys.  I couldn't think of another group of friends that I wanted to share my joy with more.

Baby Jarhead's first picture
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-snc6%2F602627_2582629701211_1556129867_n.jpg&hash=a33ffe883be23f02174ae248faad1e6c4ed766ed)
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Centurion40 on November 23, 2012, 11:53:51 AM
Congrat's papa!

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.unique-baby-gear-ideas.com%2Fimages%2Fcamo-mossy-oak-baby-bedding.jpg&hash=a50f9050fdf96c7e09930e46db4919a5fa554004)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.crazybabyclothing.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2Fdigital_camo_onesie.jpg&hash=6ad2a5f268886ff18dc47bda1bcc31e523c7f776)
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 23, 2012, 11:57:30 AM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marineshop.net%2Fprodimg%2F104905.jpg&hash=96b40ff875cb1486d84785fb76e02598f15079b6)
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: LongBlade on November 23, 2012, 12:06:49 PM
Congrats!

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FNewborn_Captain_Kirk_Halloween_Cost.jpg&hash=2a619d2bd05a44e7aca82e7a5c74d2e0311ed22e)
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Centurion40 on November 23, 2012, 12:09:11 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 23, 2012, 11:57:30 AM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marineshop.net%2Fprodimg%2F104905.jpg&hash=96b40ff875cb1486d84785fb76e02598f15079b6)

So where's Jr. going to go to finishing school, San Diego or Parris Island?
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: junk2drive on November 23, 2012, 12:13:58 PM
Congrats

Now you have to start setting a good example. Or end up with wild and crazy but good kids like mine.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: undercovergeek on November 23, 2012, 12:14:55 PM
love the marine uniform - well done JH - someone at last is coming to this planet who is going tell YOU what to do, especially if its a girl
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: MIGMaster on November 23, 2012, 12:16:39 PM
A big Congrats to you and the Missus! 
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 23, 2012, 12:18:48 PM
Quote from: Centurion40 on November 23, 2012, 12:09:11 PM

So where's Jr. going to go to finishing school, San Diego or Parris Island?

No child of mine is going to be a Hollywood Marine!
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Staggerwing on November 23, 2012, 12:23:39 PM
WOOT! Congrats JH!
All that training the Corps gave you will finally come in handy- especially how to function while sleep deprived...  ;D
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Windigo on November 23, 2012, 12:26:06 PM
Most awesome news I've hear in a while JH. Heartfelt congrats to you and momma!

.... and life will never be the same
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Barthheart on November 23, 2012, 01:10:48 PM
Congrats JH!  :)
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Martok on November 23, 2012, 01:27:28 PM
Hot damn, Jarhead!  Congratulations man!  That's the best news I've heard all month. 





Quote from: undercovergeek on November 23, 2012, 12:14:55 PM
love the marine uniform - well done JH - someone at last is coming to this planet who is going tell YOU what to do, especially if its a girl
God help us all if he has a daughter.  He may kill off the rest of the world's population just to be safe...  :P 


Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Staggerwing on November 23, 2012, 01:38:09 PM
Just the male half.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: W8taminute on November 23, 2012, 01:49:49 PM
This is great news!  Congratulations to you both.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Arctic Blast on November 23, 2012, 01:57:35 PM
Congratulations, Jarhead! I expect he/she will be able to reliably target shoot out to 100 feet by the 3rd birthday?  ;)

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 23, 2012, 01:38:09 PM
Just the male half.

That's the half that contains me. So my concern that Martok may be right stands.  ;D
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: bob48 on November 23, 2012, 01:59:13 PM
Congrats JH - and say goodbye to full nights sleep for a while!
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Huw the Poo on November 23, 2012, 02:03:10 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!  I'm really happy for you mate!

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blogcdn.com%2Fwww.parentdish.co.uk%2Fmedia%2F2012%2F02%2F590-hivetees-shake-me-1.jpg&hash=6ed5b1ee95f60281038631b9a256e9b755504837)

I wish I'd found this when mine were young enough to wear it. :D
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: MikeGER on November 23, 2012, 02:11:52 PM
Congrats  :) Now that were some Thanksgiving news  8)
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: undercovergeek on November 23, 2012, 02:27:03 PM
i can only imagine the girl from Kick Ass from here on in
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: bayonetbrant on November 23, 2012, 02:29:05 PM
congrats, JH ;D
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Capn Darwin on November 23, 2012, 02:30:38 PM
Congratulations. Enjoy every minute of it.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Centurion40 on November 23, 2012, 02:43:48 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 23, 2012, 02:27:03 PM
i can only imagine the girl from Kick Ass from here on in

:)
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on November 23, 2012, 02:44:27 PM
Wow, congratulations!
Much happiness to you.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Centurion40 on November 23, 2012, 02:58:53 PM
(https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/11/13/Z1pJs_YdokK5gG3Inki8Dg2.png)
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Shelldrake on November 23, 2012, 03:06:27 PM
Congratulations JH to you and your girlfriend! Of course life as you know it will soon be over.  ;)
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Steelgrave on November 23, 2012, 03:24:46 PM
Congrats, JH!!! Awesome news  ;D  The lucky kid is gonna have a great dad!
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Gusington on November 23, 2012, 03:24:55 PM
Congrats JH and take the above advice on sleep deprivation. I'm going on 7 years without a full night's sleep and I'm doing just...zzzz
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: MetalDog on November 23, 2012, 03:46:51 PM
Congrats to you and the missus!  There are very few people I can confidently predict are fit parents, and from everytrhing you have shown through the years, one of them is you!  Unfortunately for you, the rest of those I deem worthy reside on this board, too ;-)
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: mirth on November 23, 2012, 03:50:36 PM
Fantastic news man! All the best to you and your incipient family!
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Longdan on November 23, 2012, 04:23:16 PM
Congrats JH.  Virtually nothing you have seen so far
can prepare you for what is to come.  When playing at the
computer try not to crush the little one when something good
or bad happens.  When asked what you are doing always say
"Learning the Alphabet Mom!"
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Airborne Rifles on November 23, 2012, 05:44:29 PM
Congrats!  Nothing like having kids.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Longdan on November 23, 2012, 05:55:24 PM
At the risk of poking a big guy with a stick I will point
out that SHE is actually having the baby.  This will become
more obvious as time goes along.  I still get cold glares for
suggesting I contributed much prenatally to my kids and I
am not even married to that woman anymore.
Life is an Adventure.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: LongBlade on November 23, 2012, 05:59:32 PM
Quote from: Longdan on November 23, 2012, 05:55:24 PM
At the risk of poking a big guy with a stick I will point
out that SHE is actually having the baby.  This will become
more obvious as time goes along.  I still get cold glares for
suggesting I contributed much prenatally to my kids and I
am not even married to that woman anymore.
Life is an Adventure.

LOL.

The neighbor across the street chewed my ear off when I didn't by my wife a Mother's Day card when she was pregnant with our first baby.

Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: MetalDog on November 23, 2012, 06:55:26 PM
What a SCAM!  She's not MY mom!  And I'll already be footing the bill for them to buy her presents until they are old enough to buy them for her themselves!!!!
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: besilarius on November 23, 2012, 09:21:22 PM
JH, great news.
Your kid is one lucky dude.  (Dudette?)
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Bison on November 23, 2012, 09:37:32 PM
Congrats man.  Good bye sleep and sanity.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Greybriar on November 23, 2012, 09:50:41 PM
Congratulations, Jarhead.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Toonces on November 23, 2012, 10:06:57 PM
Boy, you're life is about to change in a drastic way!

Congrats!

Do you have a preference for a particular flavor?
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: TheCommandTent on November 23, 2012, 10:13:53 PM
You can now own this t-shirt.   ;D


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1187.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz397%2FSoccerDJ04%2FDSCF9885.jpg&hash=80dbee59354eff268d419060b425e2361333d088)
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: TheCommandTent on November 23, 2012, 10:14:12 PM
Seriously JH congrats on the news!
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 23, 2012, 10:20:32 PM
Congrats.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 23, 2012, 10:30:02 PM
Thanks a lot guys...much appreciated.  I'll be needing a good sitter soon, so if anyone is interested, don't be shy!
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: GDS_Starfury on November 23, 2012, 10:49:59 PM
Congrats on the news Jarhead!
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: LongBlade on November 23, 2012, 10:50:46 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 23, 2012, 10:30:02 PM
Thanks a lot guys...much appreciated.  I'll be needing a good sitter soon, so if anyone is interested, don't be shy!

The commute is a bit far. What's the going rate?
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Kushan on November 24, 2012, 12:14:50 AM
Congrats JH.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Smuckatelli on November 24, 2012, 12:30:28 AM
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

Congratulations Jarhead, I'm very happy for you and your girlfriend brother  :)
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Arctic Blast on November 24, 2012, 01:10:12 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on November 23, 2012, 10:50:46 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 23, 2012, 10:30:02 PM
Thanks a lot guys...much appreciated.  I'll be needing a good sitter soon, so if anyone is interested, don't be shy!

The commute is a bit far. What's the going rate?

At the very least, I'd hold out for something in 9 mm.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: MikeGER on November 24, 2012, 03:35:48 AM
...i marbled at the ultrasonic a little longer ...and discovered
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi48.tinypic.com%2F20k82zm.jpg&hash=571dbf64fe6a7b4abe7f17ddd5873295a11feb1f)
already in the foodsteps of his father!   a 0331 on the march   :)
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: TheCommandTent on November 24, 2012, 08:19:44 AM
^Good eye MikeGER  ;D
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 24, 2012, 10:04:00 AM
Congrats jh....exciting news!!!
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: em2nought on November 25, 2012, 12:18:12 AM
Congrats!   The Marine I wanted to have a baby with is pregnant too, but it wasn't me. LOL
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Keunert on November 25, 2012, 06:11:58 AM
congratulations JH! and my best wishes for your new chapter in life. it needs a big deal of patience but it is very rewarding.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Centurion40 on November 25, 2012, 08:09:21 AM
Quote from: Bison on November 23, 2012, 09:37:32 PM
Congrats man.  Good bye sleep and sanity.

Shhh!  Let the man have a good vacation!  Besides, he could always sell part of the collection and hire a nanny.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: GDS_Starfury on November 25, 2012, 11:01:53 AM
sell part of the collection?  now thats funny!
the kids gift registry is going to be listed at Magpul.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: OJsDad on November 25, 2012, 06:42:05 PM
Congratulations JH. 
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: steve58 on November 25, 2012, 09:04:58 PM
Congrats to you both!
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Tuna on November 27, 2012, 07:04:24 AM
Congrats JH!
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: DoctorQuest on November 28, 2012, 11:49:44 AM
Congrats!

Forgive a non-Marine but "Semper Fi! Carry on!"
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Yskonyn on November 28, 2012, 03:16:13 PM
Wow! I am very happy for you!
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Jack Nastyface on December 01, 2012, 03:35:15 AM
belated congrats from the west coast...
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Bison on December 01, 2012, 08:08:12 AM
If you have a girl JH, My Little Ponies isn't horrible, Care Bears is alright, but man are the Pound Puppies new cartoons pretty good.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Tpek on December 01, 2012, 11:12:42 AM
Sorry to have missed this 'till now but...
Congrats! Mazal Tov!
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: Huw the Poo on December 01, 2012, 11:22:53 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 01, 2012, 08:08:12 AM
If you have a girl JH, My Little Ponies isn't horrible, Care Bears is alright, but man are the Pound Puppies new cartoons pretty good.

My own daughter's current favourite is a show called Victorious.  It's hateful.  In fact, even taking into account it's a kids' show, I think it's probably the worst show in existence.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: LongBlade on December 01, 2012, 11:33:26 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 01, 2012, 08:08:12 AM
If you have a girl JH, My Little Ponies isn't horrible, Care Bears is alright, but man are the Pound Puppies new cartoons pretty good.

The first season of PowerPuff Girls rocked. Then it sold out and got cheesy.
Title: Re: I'm Having a Baby
Post by: MetalDog on December 01, 2012, 03:44:01 PM
PowerPuff Girls WAS pretty good!  I liked Mojo Jojo the best :-)