GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on November 25, 2012, 12:41:26 PM

Title: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 25, 2012, 12:41:26 PM
Me and bob48 have had two sessions the last two days, and during this last one, he mentioned that Warlock looked as if it would be sticking around this community for a while.  I certainly agree.  It has that, "one more turn" feel of all the good turn based games.  It's intuitive for any one who plays those types of games with research, battle, city building and resource balance to satisfy that "Civ" jones.  The hexes keep things manageable and the upgrade system attaches you to your units.  All in all, I would say this is a win all the way around. 

What I hope this thread will be for is to post screenies, talk about your games, find opponents and, until undercovergeek writes the definitive AAR, tell your stories here, too.  Of course, because I would desperately like to start this off with some shots of mine and bob's game, I didn't think to take any screenshots of it.  So, until next time, I'll just give a quick rundown.

I am on an island.  I have wiped out the neutrals and the monsters.  I have six cities and I am building two more.  Above ground, that is.  There are also two portals on my island.  I have invaded one of them and set up a city.  My best troops are down there, two Lords, a minotaur, a Stubborn Knights, Eleven Archers and a Hunter and a Warrior.  I was cleaning up the area pretty quickly when two Greater Fire Elementals stepped out of the Fog followed by a Gold Dragon!  The Dragon ate my second Minotaur unit (the one with all the Perks) and I pulled back to the city.  The Dragon has attacked and driven off my miontaurs with heavy losses.  The plus side is, I will get three shots at the Dragon with missiles and then three attacks with my fighter units.  I should also be able to heal the minotaurs enough to contribute as well. 

Unfortunately, the tyrant bob, declared it was time to save as there were some domestic duties to take care of.  I think that the Lich King sprang an unseen army on him and he's planning how to run away, but we'll see come next session.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 25, 2012, 01:24:01 PM
Dammit MD, you saw through my 'Run Away' master-plan!

I have the Liche king at my mercy - he just don't know that right now.......
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 25, 2012, 01:35:01 PM
Quote from: bob48 on November 25, 2012, 01:24:01 PM
Dammit MD, you saw through my 'Run Away' master-plan!


Like sarcasm, just another service I provide :-)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 25, 2012, 02:20:18 PM
Did you figure out how to have more than 2 people talking in the voice chat?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 25, 2012, 02:37:07 PM
Its worked fine so far for MD and I, and it worked ok for Huw, Geek and I, so no idea why you guys are having a problem with it.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on November 25, 2012, 05:15:51 PM
Do all the players need all the DLC to be able to play?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 25, 2012, 05:55:00 PM
As far as we can tell, no. I know that is some of our first games, only I ha dthe Elf expansion and no problems were enountered.

If its any help, if any of you guys want to try and see what works, and I'm on steam, just yell and we'll give it a go. I'll create a MP game specially as a 'testing ground'.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 26, 2012, 10:22:58 PM
Some screenshots of a game between me and Gus.  I'm blue and he's red.


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1355.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq717%2Fstophro%2F2012-11-26_00001_zpsc8033851.jpg&hash=1cfa88e32ab82b4a4266f91d2783efd7736557ab)


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1355.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq717%2Fstophro%2F2012-11-26_00005_zpsb7e5ef9c.jpg&hash=cc27b89559f085a092aa702316fa903f814ab653)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on November 26, 2012, 10:44:46 PM
You guys doing coop or just waiting for the end to crush one another?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 27, 2012, 01:05:30 AM
We are in an uneasy and wary peace.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 27, 2012, 08:16:46 AM
What 'Phro meant to say is that in this game my undead civ is a beacon of green light to the world.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on November 27, 2012, 08:22:40 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 27, 2012, 08:16:46 AM
What 'Phro meant to say is that in this game my undead civ is a beacon of green light to the world.

I would expect nothing less.

In one of my games I managed to unlock a Draco-lich (wasn't playing undead). The really cool thing was I managed to shepherd him along until he got some awesome abilities. It fething dominated the game. It's much harder to do as the undead player. I was Human and unlocked it on my first or second treasure find. Talk about awesome.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 27, 2012, 08:26:42 AM
Is there an MP coop mode in Warlock?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 27, 2012, 08:36:45 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 27, 2012, 08:26:42 AM
Is there an MP coop mode in Warlock?

Just by agreement....
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 27, 2012, 08:43:14 AM
Ah.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Windigo on November 27, 2012, 05:12:22 PM
Looks good, guys
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 27, 2012, 08:17:27 PM
You and barth ought to devote some time to MP goodness.  If I'm online, it usually means I have some time *wink wink nudge nudge*
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 27, 2012, 08:47:31 PM
Just now playing some solo... but for the second night in a row it crashes on me.  >:(

Will try setting my video settings lower I guess..... ???
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Windigo on November 28, 2012, 01:40:01 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 27, 2012, 08:17:27 PM
You and barth ought to devote some time to MP goodness.  If I'm online, it usually means I have some time *wink wink nudge nudge*

Seeing as we already have a MP game that sounds good.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Toonces on November 28, 2012, 01:46:53 AM
If you guys are still playing this when the Steam Xmas sale comes around, I could be persuaded to give it a try.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 28, 2012, 06:51:21 AM
Then, may the Steam Xmas sale be near :-)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 28, 2012, 08:45:14 AM
Look at it this way...start playing it online and you can give me a virtual punch in the mouth. The idea sells itself.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Windigo on November 28, 2012, 01:02:05 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2012, 08:45:14 AM
Look at it this way...start playing it online and you can give me a virtual punch in the mouth. The idea sells itself.

Why would anyone want to punch you in the mouth??? Seriously.



Edit:  Addon

OK maybe your wife did when you accidently(?) put yourself into the wrong *cough* place
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 28, 2012, 01:49:34 PM
Quote from: Toonces on November 28, 2012, 01:46:53 AM
If you guys are still playing this when the Steam Xmas sale comes around, I could be persuaded to give it a try.

I think I'll be playing it for a long time to come, especially if they continue to support it with expansions.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 28, 2012, 08:06:23 PM
Oh Breezy you make me feel special.

I will be playing Warlock for a long time, especially with my recent embracing of MP, regular DLC and expansions. It scratches both strategy and fantasy itches.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on November 28, 2012, 08:16:50 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2012, 08:06:23 PM
Oh Breezy you make me feel special.

I will be playing Warlock for a long time, especially with my recent embracing of MP, regular DLC and expansions. It scratches both strategy and fantasy itches.

You know they make an ointment for that right?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 28, 2012, 08:19:42 PM
I typically take a big orange horsepill.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on November 28, 2012, 08:55:37 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 28, 2012, 08:19:42 PM
I typically take a big orange horsepill.

Orange is the new black. Except it doesn't rhyme with anything.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 28, 2012, 08:57:43 PM
I love orange.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 29, 2012, 01:56:26 PM
Lots of a-peel, eh Gus?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 29, 2012, 01:58:49 PM
Oh dear, now you've done it.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 29, 2012, 02:00:06 PM
Doh!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Windigo on November 29, 2012, 02:03:34 PM
... oh deer
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on November 29, 2012, 02:31:18 PM
Quote from: bob48 on November 29, 2012, 01:56:26 PM
Lots of a-peel, eh Gus?

Look at you. Orange you proud of yourself?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 29, 2012, 02:40:32 PM
Wait up, guys. We already did a whole bunch of fruit ones on another thread. ::)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on November 29, 2012, 02:41:49 PM
Cease fire, check your weapons.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 29, 2012, 02:43:52 PM
(Waves white flag at LB)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Windigo on November 29, 2012, 04:14:29 PM
Quote from: bob48 on November 29, 2012, 02:43:52 PM
(Waves white flag at LB)

You could have rose to the challenge you pansy
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 29, 2012, 04:15:26 PM
Thanks a bunch!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 29, 2012, 05:52:13 PM
Speaking of rising to the challenge where the hell were you Breezy for last week's continuation of our MP game??
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 29, 2012, 06:59:44 PM
^Something with a p and a y, but not pansy.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 29, 2012, 08:11:28 PM
Poetry?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Ubercat on November 29, 2012, 09:15:00 PM
Potty?

Oh, and I just got back into this game and I'm up to date with the DLC. Do you guys play MP a lot? I may be into getting involved if there's an opening.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 29, 2012, 09:51:01 PM
I have been playing with MetalDog for the past week, and Bartheart, Bob48, and Windy have played MP a lot.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 30, 2012, 08:32:35 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 29, 2012, 09:51:01 PM
I have been playing with MetalDog for the past week, and Bartheart, Bob48, and Windy have played MP a lot.

Speaking of which.. are we on tonight??  :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 30, 2012, 08:36:12 AM
I can do it late, after 11pm EST.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 30, 2012, 08:40:36 AM
How about 10 EST? If not I can try to stay awake until 11.... :-\
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 30, 2012, 08:43:01 AM
Tonight is date night with The Wife. If she passes out early I can do 10, if not then 11.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 30, 2012, 08:43:54 AM
Gottcha.  ;)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Ubercat on November 30, 2012, 12:21:29 PM
It sounds like you guys would be playing well past my bed time. I'd be good to play until about midnight, east coast US time.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 30, 2012, 02:01:43 PM
That would still give us a solid hour before you passed out!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 30, 2012, 05:44:03 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 30, 2012, 08:32:35 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 29, 2012, 09:51:01 PM
I have been playing with MetalDog for the past week, and Bartheart, Bob48, and Windy have played MP a lot.

Speaking of which.. are we on tonight??  :)

I'm in at whatever time is amenable to all.  And Ubercat, if you see me on Steam, I'm stophro there, hit me up.  I'd be glad to play :-)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 30, 2012, 08:03:43 PM
Turning out to be a late night...I won't be able to make 10pm. Are you going to be on late? I can do 11pm or midnight EST.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 30, 2012, 08:05:35 PM
If I'm on, hit me up.  Any of yuz.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 30, 2012, 08:09:39 PM
wurd
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Nefaro on November 30, 2012, 08:20:28 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 30, 2012, 08:43:01 AM
Tonight is date night with The Wife. If she passes out early I can do 10, if not then 11.

>>
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fnumpty101.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2008%2F11%2Fchloroform-bottle.jpg&hash=4b80643fe6c3e8c82fc6e5f34dce4cdf2be1ac6e)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on November 30, 2012, 09:01:51 PM
She's a strong broad. I'll need the whole bottle.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Bison on November 30, 2012, 09:14:32 PM
Uh aren't you supposed to be out romancing or something?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 30, 2012, 09:23:31 PM
Sorry Guys, crashing and burning early tonight... maybe tomorrow  :P
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Staggerwing on December 01, 2012, 10:29:52 AM
(NM, responding to wrong page...)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 01, 2012, 12:59:14 PM
If by 'romancing' you mean passing out by the fire waiting for sex and waking up at 1:30am to go up to bed then...yes.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Nefaro on December 01, 2012, 08:00:02 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 01, 2012, 12:59:14 PM
If by 'romancing' you mean passing out by the fire waiting for sex and waking up at 1:30am to go up to bed then...yes.

Better than in the fire. 
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 01, 2012, 10:27:31 PM
Maybe. Tough call there.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Nefaro on December 02, 2012, 02:03:10 AM
Sounds like your pants were already on fire, so it may not have made much difference anyway.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Windigo on December 02, 2012, 03:23:37 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 01, 2012, 12:59:14 PM
If by 'romancing' you mean passing out by the fire waiting for sex and waking up at 1:30am to go up to bed then...yes.

you need to take the romance battle to the enemy .... sorta speak
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 02, 2012, 09:54:08 AM
Last night after arriving home from the NYC Craft Beer Festival (which is highly recommended), battle was brought and I emerged victorious. There is now peace in our time. Or until the next time my loins catch fire.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 02, 2012, 10:04:05 AM
All hail the conquering hero!!  Huzzah!!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 02, 2012, 10:09:13 AM
Yeah the craft beer festival was pretty cool.

'Dog: the family will be away the next few days til Thursday...you around during the week in the evening for some MP? I can't promise every night but I should be able to get an hour in here and there, more than usual during the week.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 02, 2012, 10:16:29 AM
Yeah man.  Just ping me when you're on.  This month is going to brutal at work, so I will welcome the fun.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 02, 2012, 10:23:34 AM
Yeah I got a bad week coming up too.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: CptHowdy on December 06, 2012, 12:59:05 PM
5 bucks at gamersgate right now! picked it up. anyone using the DLC?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Windigo on December 06, 2012, 01:56:02 PM
Quote from: CptHowdy on December 06, 2012, 12:59:05 PM
5 bucks at gamersgate right now! picked it up. anyone using the DLC?

The DLC is awesome
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Windigo on December 06, 2012, 01:57:35 PM
Interesting to see the different avatars people play. The guy with the oh so cliche'd wizaed hat is what most players like.

I play the one with the great skin and ample bosum.... it distracts the old goat wizards
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on December 06, 2012, 02:28:05 PM
Quote from: Windigo on December 06, 2012, 01:57:35 PM
Interesting to see the different avatars people play. The guy with the oh so cliche'd wizaed hat is what most players like.

I play the one with the great skin and ample bosum.... it distracts the old goat wizards

I'm partial to this:

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FGrogHeads%2Fwarlockavatar.jpg&hash=114101f0afe65ceeedd2e51fbad4c5520924c6e7)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Windigo on December 06, 2012, 02:40:18 PM
a face only a mother can love....   fitting.... :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 06, 2012, 07:44:31 PM
Any of you Warlocks got time tonight, I do too.  Hit me up on Steam chat.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 06, 2012, 10:17:12 PM
Me and Gus just got a few turns in.  I don't have screenies, I'll get some when we start the next session.  I've got like nine cities.  I think Gus has three.  And there's terrible monsters to the east and Mystic Portals to the west.  So, make some more damn citites, Gus and help me clear these monsters!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on December 06, 2012, 10:21:41 PM
Windy asking for avatar preferences caused me to fire up Warlock for the first time in months. Suddenly I started to remember why I loved that game.

I may have to find my way into a MP game this weekend.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 06, 2012, 10:41:53 PM
Would love to play with you and 'Phro. Obviously I am the tortoise style player.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Windigo on December 06, 2012, 11:05:24 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2012, 10:41:53 PM
Would love to play with you and 'Phro. Obviously I am the tortoise style player.

OMFG.... I read three chapters of War & peace waiting for Phro'..... wtf.... clean the house waiting for your turn???
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 07, 2012, 12:12:49 AM
Dude!  I got lotsa stuff to do!  AND I'm running it on XP SP3, so, cut a fella some slack *raspberry*
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 07, 2012, 12:44:33 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on December 06, 2012, 10:21:41 PM
Windy asking for avatar preferences caused me to fire up Warlock for the first time in months. Suddenly I started to remember why I loved that game.

I may have to find my way into a MP game this weekend.

Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2012, 10:41:53 PM
Would love to play with you and 'Phro. Obviously I am the tortoise style player.

Bring it on, fellas!  I would be honored :-)  We can go five.  Windi?  Barthheart?  Either one of you want in?  You may have to ask directions on how to be there on time, but we can wait a few minutes ;-)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 07, 2012, 08:04:44 AM
Windy speaks the truth on 'Phro's turn times. Bring a book.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on December 07, 2012, 08:27:45 AM
The game only lets 4 people play MP at a time, you can fill the rest with AI if ya want.

I'll try to make it tonight. My wife's got a Christmas dinner thing I have to got to so not sure how long that will go.... or the out come of the "merryment"...  ;)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on December 07, 2012, 09:09:49 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 07, 2012, 08:27:45 AM
The game only lets 4 people play MP at a time, you can fill the rest with AI if ya want.

That may be due to the map size. Try making a larger map - I think you can get up to six.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on December 07, 2012, 09:11:06 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on December 07, 2012, 09:09:49 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 07, 2012, 08:27:45 AM
The game only lets 4 people play MP at a time, you can fill the rest with AI if ya want.

That may be due to the map size. Try making a larger map - I think you can get up to six.

Single player you can have up to 8 players, but MP is only 4 humans and up to 4 AI on the largest map.

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on December 07, 2012, 09:11:39 AM
I might take a hand at some Warlock tonight. Haven't played in a few months and hanging with you guys seems like a good way to spend the evening.

Tonight may not work - wife has a holiday party to attend. Anyone gaming tomorrow?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on December 07, 2012, 09:11:55 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 07, 2012, 09:11:06 AM
Single player you can have up to 8 players, but MP is only 4 humans and up to 4 AI on the largest map.

Ah. I stand corrected :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 07, 2012, 09:52:05 AM
I will be around tonight and tomorrow, late.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 07, 2012, 06:54:03 PM
I'm booked until 9 CST, but I'm free after that.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 07, 2012, 09:23:41 PM
I should be available soon, everyone in my family is starting to fade.
(https://moodle.org/pluginfile.php/114/mod_forum/attachment/650278/mr_burns.jpg)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 07, 2012, 09:25:16 PM
ready when you are
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on December 07, 2012, 09:26:09 PM
If you guys want another player I am free...
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 07, 2012, 09:27:26 PM
Sounds good to me.  Let's see if Gus gets the greenlight from his family.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on December 07, 2012, 09:43:23 PM
Yeah Gus put the family down :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 07, 2012, 11:37:03 PM
I am around now for a wee bit before I pass out...
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 07, 2012, 11:55:51 PM
You don't appear to be on Steam OR Grogheads, what gives?  You did what Tent did, didn't you?  Faceplanted your keyboard. Passed out.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on December 08, 2012, 08:42:33 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 07, 2012, 11:55:51 PM
You don't appear to be on Steam OR Grogheads, what gives?  You did what Tent did, didn't you?  Faceplanted your keyboard. Passed out.

Yeah sorry about that guys I was all stoked to play an MP game.   So I log onto STEAM and fire up Warlock just to get a refresher as I haven't played it in a long time (apparently its been a really long as there were a couple new things I didn't remember seeing before)  So I play a couples turns and chat with MetalDog a little, a couple more turns and then WHAM my face is getting felt up by my keyboard.  I don't no how long I fell asleep for but waking up like that is never fun.  :o Hopefully we can try again sometime when I've had more sleep  :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 08, 2012, 10:10:26 AM
Quite alright, TCT.  Looks like Gus was watching American Horny Story or some s*it.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on December 08, 2012, 11:23:53 AM
Yeah... I passed out in my wife's lap... sorry. I will be on tonight however!  8)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 08, 2012, 11:42:13 AM
Let's regroup tonight! I would love to get a game going with a big bunch.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 08, 2012, 12:38:39 PM
As long as the love o'me life is down with it, I'm in.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 08, 2012, 01:31:15 PM
^I'm down. You're sweet.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on December 08, 2012, 02:21:47 PM
MD and I managed to squeeze in a few turns today in our MP game. I'm leaving all the real nasty stuff from the underworld to him while I fight for my life against the dastardly Lich King, who is proving to be a tougher nut to crack than I had anticipated.

I'm disengaging from his territory - (I'll be back - shakes fist!) and will regroup in the North and build up my forces again. I may have to beg for mercy offer terms to the Dead One for now and find an easier area for my expansionism.
Anna the insatiable may be a better choice as her lands are more accessable and she may go down easier, so to speak.

We shall see.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 08, 2012, 04:07:49 PM
Are you really playing against Ana the Insatiable? That's awesome.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on December 08, 2012, 04:52:56 PM
Well, she's not actually called that, but one hears rumours in the shady parts of the Warlock world (nudge, nudge).
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 08, 2012, 05:54:13 PM
Oh. Still sassy I guess.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on December 08, 2012, 05:57:36 PM
I should be around tonight if I can actually stay awake this time :)

Does everybody voice chat when we play Warlock?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 08, 2012, 05:58:42 PM
I don't, I use IM.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on December 08, 2012, 06:04:41 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 08, 2012, 05:58:42 PM
I don't, I use IM.

Do they have one in game or do you guys use the STEAM IM
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 08, 2012, 06:12:14 PM
Steam IM. I don't use voice because I hate it and also my kids are literally right next to me in the next room, we share a wall.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on December 08, 2012, 09:15:29 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 08, 2012, 06:12:14 PM
Steam IM. I don't use voice because I hate it and also my kids are literally right next to me in the next room, we share a wall.

Cool so what time are we doing this?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 08, 2012, 09:21:43 PM
I'm here right now.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 09, 2012, 01:34:03 AM
Discussed with Tent, Gus and Barthheart the idea of rolling games.  Have a 2, a 3 and a 4 man game going that anyone can join.  It doesn't take up much space to save, so, each of our MP regulars can have  one each saved and when he gets on, anyone that joins in can play.  Just jump in and whatever your starting position is, you gotta do the best you can with it for as long as you play.

Couple of things to consider.  Three, actually.  One, we tried it earlier this evening and I was unable to join the earlier game with Tent, B. and Gus.  Didn't fiddle with it long enough to discover if there was a way around that.  If not, everything is down the crapper for that idea.  Two, if you get to play in a game you have previously participated in, it would be nice to go back to what you were familar with.  And three, the host would always have the advantage in the game as they would be the one constant in each session. 

It's all moot if we can't join games in progress that we didn't start in, so let's just hear some ideas until we know one way or another.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on December 09, 2012, 10:55:23 AM
^Yeah we'll have to see if you can join one you did not originally play in, not sure how we will go about that.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on December 09, 2012, 03:17:02 PM
During the game last night I found that I could do a little prepping and painting of minis while waiting for others to take their turns.   ;D
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 09, 2012, 05:34:49 PM
I'm going as fast as I can!!!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on December 09, 2012, 06:04:14 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 09, 2012, 05:34:49 PM
I'm going as fast as I can!!!

Haha, no I wasn't meaning to complain that anyone was slow.  With four players, even if everyone is a speed demon on their turn there is still some wait time.  It was just nice that I could slow prep some minis and not just sitting staring at the screen :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 09, 2012, 10:31:18 PM
I knew what you meant ;-)  Gus and Windi seem to think the next epoch is on the horizon, it takes so long for me to complete a turn.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on December 10, 2012, 01:56:25 PM
...especially when you're being eaten by dragons  ;)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Windigo on December 10, 2012, 03:29:21 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 09, 2012, 10:31:18 PM
I knew what you meant ;-)  Gus and Windi seem to think the next epoch is on the horizon, it takes so long for me to complete a turn.

I can hear you muttering in the background while playing ... 1 tequila.... two tequila... three tequila ....
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 10, 2012, 06:46:52 PM
^...floor?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 10, 2012, 06:49:10 PM
I wish I had a comeback for that, but it's just too funny ;-)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 10, 2012, 06:50:49 PM
You're welcome :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 16, 2012, 11:14:49 AM
Just finished my first game of Warlock by casting the Unity Spell.  I know, I know, it was single player not mp, but, all my Warlock peeps need to be reminded you can play this mp, too.  Where you at?!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 16, 2012, 08:21:40 PM
I'm right here in front of the fireplace about to pass out.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Windigo on December 17, 2012, 10:26:26 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 16, 2012, 11:14:49 AM
Just finished my first game of Warlock by casting the Unity Spell.  I know, I know, it was single player not mp, but, all my Warlock peeps need to be reminded you can play this mp, too.  Where you at?!

Sorry man.... engage in more than a little World of Tanks right now... the new british tank line is a sentimental obsession... plus I am soooo close to getting an IS-7
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 17, 2012, 08:48:11 PM
Well then, my Steam message will be answered in the negative.  :-(
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 18, 2012, 01:23:29 AM
Got an hour in tonight with Windi.  Here's my position about 70 turns in.  That's Windi on the Eastern edge, past Vindoland.


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1355.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq717%2Fstophro%2F2012-12-17_00003_zpsf991558b.jpg&hash=c4e32c5be6434d78c8d4bd51507caddda0c8a7d5)


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1355.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq717%2Fstophro%2F2012-12-17_00002_zpsaf75c2ba.jpg&hash=6a04fbfdce7eddf05b3d5beb94389474d4fff3f4)


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1355.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq717%2Fstophro%2F2012-12-17_00001_zps254d1a8c.jpg&hash=780132faac92f83a979c31e52023c09c1325af81)


I have some more to look at, but I think those are from me and bob's game.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on December 19, 2012, 02:15:24 PM
Oops - sorry guys, been out of it for the last few days so not been able to catch up with MP games. A combination of not feeling too good plus pressure of work. I hope to be able to get back into the groove by Christmas though.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 19, 2012, 06:42:07 PM
No need to be sorry, bob.  Glad to know you are feeling better.  And I think we are all waiting for the Christmas break.  Although, I suspect some people are getting more than the two whole days I am getting off
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on December 19, 2012, 06:46:25 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 19, 2012, 06:42:07 PM
Glad to know you are feeling better. 

+1
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on December 20, 2012, 08:53:10 AM
I'm now off until Jan. 17.  8)
Currently sitting in a condo in the Keys. 24C here already today.
Should be able to squeeze in some play when my wife goes to bed early at night.
Will keep you posted.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 20, 2012, 11:29:55 AM
1/17?? Jesus.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Nefaro on December 20, 2012, 11:59:52 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 20, 2012, 11:29:55 AM
1/17?? Jesus.

Must be a Gov't employee.  :P
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Ubercat on December 20, 2012, 12:58:56 PM
Or a pilot.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Arctic Blast on December 20, 2012, 02:16:20 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 20, 2012, 08:53:10 AM
I'm now off until Jan. 17.  8)
Currently sitting in a condo in the Keys. 24C here already today.
Should be able to squeeze in some play when my wife goes to bed early at night.
Will keep you posted.

Damn! That's a sweet Christmas break! Enjoy.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 20, 2012, 02:18:32 PM
I'm a gubment employee too but back at work on 1/2 :/
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Nefaro on December 20, 2012, 02:49:00 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 20, 2012, 02:18:32 PM
I'm a gubment employee too but back at work on 1/2 :/

Two weeks off for the holidays? 

That's terrible!  :P
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 20, 2012, 03:38:08 PM
That's one week, starting next week.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on December 20, 2012, 03:42:16 PM
After a very intense week, it now looks like I'll finish work on 21st (hope thats not the last day for all of us!) and don't have to go back until 2nd Jan, so thats a nice few days off.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Windigo on December 20, 2012, 03:52:28 PM
I really hate to break the mold about gub'mint employees.... (who am I shitting - I love showing people how misinformed they are), but I am back to work on the 27th-28th. I do get Jan 1st off though.

OTOH I get 5 weeks paid vacation
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 20, 2012, 08:34:03 PM
I get Monday and Tuesday off.  Period.  Oh, and New Years Day.  Work, sweet work.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on December 20, 2012, 08:56:09 PM
Not a govment drone. Research at university. I get 30 days a year and a free week between Xmas and New Years as university shuts down.

Kinda makes up fer the 20% less I get paid than my engineer buddies in industry. That and tons less stress.
8)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Arctic Blast on December 21, 2012, 12:20:05 AM
Well, my schedule is pretty quiet already (hence all the fantastic posting by me during the day...you're welcome!), then I have all of next week off. Actually, I'm not even sure I'll end up going in tomorrow...I'll get the call on that in the morning.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 21, 2012, 12:22:53 AM
You should probably rub that in some more, AB.  It's going to be no more than mid-40's tomorrow with a fair amount of wind.  Probably bring it down to around freezing.  And you're telling me you get a CHOICE about whether or not you go in?  Must be nice  :P

Oh. I see. Someone else will make the decision.  You just get to play beneficiary :-)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Arctic Blast on December 21, 2012, 12:40:49 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 21, 2012, 12:22:53 AM
You should probably rub that in some more, AB.  It's going to be no more than mid-40's tomorrow with a fair amount of wind.  Probably bring it down to around freezing.  And you're telling me you get a CHOICE about whether or not you go in?  Must be nice  :P

Oh. I see. Someone else will make the decision.  You just get to play beneficiary :-)

Exactly. Not really much traffic at a trucking warehouse heading in to the Christmas long weekend, so only a couple of people will be heading in. And I probably (HOPEFULLY) won't be one of them.  ;D
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Nefaro on December 21, 2012, 06:56:37 AM
Finally scraped up the rest of the DLC.

Now if I could just get an extra 12 hours added to every 24.  >:(
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 21, 2012, 07:07:50 AM
Well then, Nefaro, I will extend the same courtesy to you as to others, if you see me on Steam, let me know.  I love to play.  I'm stophro there.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Nefaro on December 21, 2012, 07:45:02 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 21, 2012, 07:07:50 AM
Well then, Nefaro, I will extend the same courtesy to you as to others, if you see me on Steam, let me know.  I love to play.  I'm stophro there.

Will do.  I gotta lot of new stuff on the plate, though, so I dunno when I'll be checking out the new DLC for Warlock. 

But I'm generally not the slowest player in a group, so no extra added torture there!  :P
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 21, 2012, 11:53:00 AM
Arctic what do you do for a living? I'm still out here btw.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Arctic Blast on December 21, 2012, 04:07:10 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 21, 2012, 11:53:00 AM
Arctic what do you do for a living? I'm still out here btw.

Shipper/receiver for a courier/trucking company called Velocity. I tend to work pretty fast, so I end up with a fair amount of down time at work. Today though, not even there.  8)

Oh, and you must be the snowman the mail lady was talking about when she dropped off that package...
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 21, 2012, 07:34:04 PM
Yes, Gus the Jewish Snowman. Shipping/receiving eh? Like George Costanza's importing/exporting?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 21, 2012, 07:57:45 PM
Getting on Steam now for SP.  If you want some MP, send me a message.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on December 22, 2012, 12:24:02 AM
Sent you a friend invite MD..
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Arctic Blast on December 22, 2012, 01:02:29 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 21, 2012, 07:34:04 PM
Yes, Gus the Jewish Snowman. Shipping/receiving eh? Like George Costanza's importing/exporting?

Like it but much less funny. I'm the guy who gets stuff where it's supposed to be as fast as possible.

Unless that thing you sent got messed up or went to the wrong place...that was someone different. Totally not me...
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 22, 2012, 06:53:33 AM
Quote from: Tuna on December 22, 2012, 12:24:02 AM
Sent you a friend invite MD..

Accepted :-)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on December 22, 2012, 04:45:28 PM
As fast as possible eh? Can you get me a copy of the book 'Kaigun' by 5pm EST today?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on December 22, 2012, 09:36:41 PM
Back from vacation now so I'll have to try and get some MP in with you guys sometime in the evenings this week.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 23, 2012, 08:57:12 AM
Welcome back, Tent :-)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on December 23, 2012, 09:25:18 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 23, 2012, 08:57:12 AM
Welcome back, Tent :-)

Thanks, in some small way I missed the madness around here :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 21, 2013, 09:19:26 PM
In the "What did you finish..," thread, bob mentioned a play session this weekend.  Here's some screenies from my viewpoint.  Bob will have to produce his own.  ;)  The first three are above ground, on the same map as bob.  The last two are of the underworld.


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1355.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq717%2Fstophro%2F2013-01-20_00001_zps78025cbe.jpg&hash=b1bf452fdeffb1756a8eaf1508895f8cd3177fd0)


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1355.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq717%2Fstophro%2F2013-01-20_00002_zps0be38a8c.jpg&hash=1e2c94fcda8a037f591f40edf919b91442cf0f61)


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1355.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq717%2Fstophro%2F2013-01-20_00003_zpsdedf7bbf.jpg&hash=62954592d84949a24c21e774f478e528b04e1021)


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1355.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq717%2Fstophro%2F2013-01-20_00004_zps835df4b7.jpg&hash=a45d54ca6b3ddb6447d135061a0462df1a210469)


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1355.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq717%2Fstophro%2F2013-01-20_00005_zpsb60bd10a.jpg&hash=409f1e74213fc85ba48200c4cd328ccb9869b8bc)

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on January 21, 2013, 10:14:35 PM
Quite the kingdom you have there MetalDog.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 21, 2013, 11:50:21 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on January 21, 2013, 10:14:35 PM
Quite the kingdom you have there MetalDog.

Thank you, sir.  I have taken great pains to establish it.  I lucked out and got a continent to myself.  My island has two underworld portals.  I am guarding the entrance to one and clearing the other (the desert looking one).  I have run into Diamond Elementals in the underworld.  They are immune to half the attack forms and 75 to 100 against the others.  And there's two of them.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Windigo on January 22, 2013, 12:20:56 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 21, 2013, 11:50:21 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on January 21, 2013, 10:14:35 PM
Quite the kingdom you have there MetalDog.

Thank you, sir.  I have taken great pains to establish it.  I lucked out and got a continent to myself.  My island has two underworld portals.  I am guarding the entrance to one and clearing the other (the desert looking one).  I have run into Diamond Elementals in the underworld.  They are immune to half the attack forms and 75 to 100 against the others.  And there's two of them.

RUN FORREST!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Martok on January 22, 2013, 06:42:20 AM
Those are some beautiful screenies MetalDog!  It increases my temptation to buy Warlock all over again. 


I just wished it didn't seem to be so heavily focused on war.  (Yes, I realize that cool-looking battles between magical units is one of the major points of the game, but still.) 





Quote from: Windigo on January 22, 2013, 12:20:56 AM
RUN FORREST!
LOL.  Seconded! 

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 22, 2013, 06:50:09 AM
The colors are rich and the units are detailed.  The visuals are VERY nice, but, it is war focussed.  Whether it's against another mage, against the neutrals or against the beasties that inhabit the fringes of the map, you do a LOT of fighting.  But the use of hexes and one unit to each gives a strategy to the game that I find lacking in other games of this type.  Plus, the ability to level up and buff your units makes each one of them precious, especially in the early game.

And I would love to run, but I have cleared the rest of the underworld and the Diamonds are the only thing that stand in my way.  Except for two red dragons that showed up out of nowhere ;)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on January 22, 2013, 08:36:24 AM
Quote from: Martok on January 22, 2013, 06:42:20 AM
Those are some beautiful screenies MetalDog!  It increases my temptation to buy Warlock all over again. 


I just wished it didn't seem to be so heavily focused on war.  (Yes, I realize that cool-looking battles between magical units is one of the major points of the game, but still.) 


Wait, you still don't have this game.  For shame Martok, for shame.   :P   With it being all war focused just think of this game as a way to blow off a little steam.  Plus it is alot of fun MP.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on January 22, 2013, 08:44:35 AM
Quote from: Windigo on January 22, 2013, 12:20:56 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 21, 2013, 11:50:21 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on January 21, 2013, 10:14:35 PM
Quite the kingdom you have there MetalDog.

Thank you, sir.  I have taken great pains to establish it.  I lucked out and got a continent to myself.  My island has two underworld portals.  I am guarding the entrance to one and clearing the other (the desert looking one).  I have run into Diamond Elementals in the underworld.  They are immune to half the attack forms and 75 to 100 against the others.  And there's two of them.

RUN FORREST!

Ha!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on February 08, 2013, 11:55:54 PM
I won my first attempt at Challenging.  Five Mages and Five other Planes.  I defeated all of the other Great Mages.  Yes it was solo, but it appears that with the exception of bob, I have to play with myself.


Miralbus was the last one to go.


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1355.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq717%2Fstophro%2F2013-02-08_00001_zps6ca0254b.jpg&hash=74a38a3f454a54399c4c0cb9dc31a2c52b4287fc)


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1355.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq717%2Fstophro%2F2013-02-08_00002_zps704613c0.jpg&hash=84ba25b5176db56fb6bfd3c2b810de08ec4f0351)


(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1355.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq717%2Fstophro%2F2013-02-08_00003_zps48a58e16.jpg&hash=84f17edf5f90c2bc71d1264971a95c11251d8532)


Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on February 09, 2013, 12:27:52 AM
Well done MetalDog!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on February 09, 2013, 09:49:21 AM
Congrats MD!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 10:14:24 AM
Thanks, gents.  Now, anyone for a game?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on February 09, 2013, 11:50:36 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 10:14:24 AM
Thanks, gents.  Now, anyone for a game?

My schedule is kinda crazy. What time do you guys try to get together?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: TheCommandTent on February 09, 2013, 11:53:04 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 10:14:24 AM
Thanks, gents.  Now, anyone for a game?

Dude I would love to but same as LB my schedule is crazy and I don't want to commit and not be able to finish a game.  That being said I will be on the lookout for a chance to start one with you.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on February 09, 2013, 01:04:21 PM
MD and I seem to have fixed on around 3.00pm (UK time) on Sunday's. I know that he about 6 hours behind, so its an early start for him. What would be interesting is to try and do a 3 or 4 player game, but maybe that would be easier to arrange for folks in the same time-zone.

Anyway - Beware MD, for he is the Scourge of the Underworld  ;D
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 01:50:34 PM
To those who would like to play: my time is my own outside of work usually, so, anytime you see me on here or in game on Steam, hit me up.  I will also admit to long turn times on my part.  I usually have lots of units on the board and I'm running XP and that seems to slow down my navigating speed.   
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on February 09, 2013, 01:59:50 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 01:50:34 PM
To those who would like to play: my time is my own outside of work usually, so, anytime you see me on here or in game on Steam, hit me up.  I will also admit to long turn times on my part.  I usually have lots of units on the board and I'm running XP and that seems to slow down my navigating speed.

It was all good until you said you were on XP, but now it's a no-go.

I can't be seen gaming with anyone still on XP. Sorry.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 02:39:55 PM
As soon as I upgrade to something more acceptable to you, I'll let you know ;)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Greybriar on February 09, 2013, 04:18:21 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 08, 2013, 11:55:54 PM
I won my first attempt at Challenging.  Five Mages and Five other Planes.  I defeated all of the other Great Mages.  Yes it was solo, but it appears that with the exception of bob, I have to play with myself....

Congrats on your win! I haven't stuck with a game long enough to win one yet.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on February 09, 2013, 04:43:24 PM
Congrats on your win 'Phro. I am guessing you won by attrition and just waited all your AI opponents out with 5 hour long turns :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on February 09, 2013, 04:57:22 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2013, 04:43:24 PM
Congrats on your win 'Phro. I am guessing you won by attrition and just waited all your AI opponents out with 5 hour long turns :)

Meh. He won because he was on XP.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:03:30 PM
You shall both quit mocking me...or I will demand satisfaction in a duel of Warlocks!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:04:16 PM
And thanks to Tuna for starting a game with me.  I'll try to remember and get some screenshots to post later.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on February 09, 2013, 05:09:31 PM
I enjoy playing Warlock with you 'Phro (I get some good reading time in :)) ) but I can't commit to a time with family and weather chaos.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:14:44 PM
I understand, Gus.  It's why I keep telling everyone, if you see me online and you want to play, hit me up.  I still have our game saved, so whenever you're ready, we can throw down.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on February 09, 2013, 05:20:57 PM
^That is why you are beloved and a righteous dude. Besides your devastatingly good looks of course.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:23:10 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2013, 05:20:57 PM
^That is why you are beloved and a righteous dude. Besides your devastatingly good looks of course.


You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.  One of the reasons why you are so universally well regarded :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on February 09, 2013, 05:29:15 PM
^Well yeah except by all those guys. No not those guys...those guys over there.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on February 09, 2013, 05:33:13 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:23:10 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2013, 05:20:57 PM
^That is why you are beloved and a righteous dude. Besides your devastatingly good looks of course.


You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.  One of the reasons why you are so universally well regarded :)

I think I'm going to be sick.

Get a room!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:35:37 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on February 09, 2013, 05:33:13 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:23:10 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2013, 05:20:57 PM
^That is why you are beloved and a righteous dude. Besides your devastatingly good looks of course.


You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.  One of the reasons why you are so universally well regarded :)

I think I'm going to be sick.

Get a room!


That's not a very good way to try and make up for your mean, hurtful attacks on my Warlockery prowess.  Try again :(
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on February 09, 2013, 05:37:32 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:35:37 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on February 09, 2013, 05:33:13 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:23:10 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2013, 05:20:57 PM
^That is why you are beloved and a righteous dude. Besides your devastatingly good looks of course.


You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.  One of the reasons why you are so universally well regarded :)

I think I'm going to be sick.

Get a room!


That's not a very good way to try and make up for your mean, hurtful attacks on my Warlockery prowess.  Try again :(

LOL.

OK. Nice job winning the game like that. I've never bothered to mess with the other dimensions before. Well done.

Now: get a room!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:39:34 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on February 09, 2013, 05:37:32 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:35:37 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on February 09, 2013, 05:33:13 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:23:10 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2013, 05:20:57 PM
^That is why you are beloved and a righteous dude. Besides your devastatingly good looks of course.


You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.  One of the reasons why you are so universally well regarded :)

I think I'm going to be sick.

Get a room!


That's not a very good way to try and make up for your mean, hurtful attacks on my Warlockery prowess.  Try again :(

LOL.

OK. Nice job winning the game like that. I've never bothered to mess with the other dimensions before. Well done.

Now: get a room!

Thank you.  You are forgiven.  I'm still not giving up my XP though.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on February 09, 2013, 08:13:43 PM
LB is the jealous sort.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on February 09, 2013, 10:20:11 PM
Gus dont' like playing with me, cause I get lost in the clouds!!!.. oh wait that's ROF..
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 11:06:08 PM
Thanks, Tuna for a second gaming session.  I'm just starting to get ramped up.  Still didn't get any screenies though.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Martok on February 10, 2013, 11:09:49 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:39:34 PM
I'm still not giving up my XP though.
Well of course not!  You want to save it for crafting magical/wondrous items (when you don't urgently need it to level up, of course). 

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on February 10, 2013, 11:18:31 AM
Quote from: Martok on February 10, 2013, 11:09:49 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 05:39:34 PM
I'm still not giving up my XP though.
Well of course not!  You want to save it for crafting magical/wondrous items (when you don't urgently need it to level up, of course).

Spoken like a true gaming nerd :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Martok on February 10, 2013, 11:51:51 AM
Thank you sir.  Most kind of you to say so! 

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 20, 2014, 08:23:53 AM
I know there's a Warlock thread somewhere around here that I posted in, but damned if I can find it.

Anyway...thanks to steve58's generosity I was able to get a copy of Warlock: Master of the Arcane. I started watching some Let's Play vids on this game and wow, I didn't realize it was so close to the old Master of Magic. Not to mention elements of Civ V. I have to be careful, this may be my next crack addiction. But if you guys still do MP on this game, I'd like to try it someday.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 20, 2014, 08:29:53 AM
B_C, glad to see you found Warlock.  Even more glad you seem to like it.  If you want a step by step, there's two AAR's in the AAR forum.  And I'm always available for lessons :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 20, 2014, 08:31:28 AM
Saw the AARs too - and I shall be reading them. Haven't fired it up yet, but I shall soon I hope. Thanks! I'm beginning to see why you guys are all  :smitten: over this.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on September 20, 2014, 08:56:57 AM
One of my 'most played' games, with over 500 hours logged.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Nefaro on September 20, 2014, 09:30:52 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on September 20, 2014, 08:23:53 AM

Anyway...thanks to steve58's generosity I was able to get a copy of Warlock: Master of the Arcane. I started watching some Let's Play vids on this game and wow, I didn't realize it was so close to the old Master of Magic. Not to mention elements of Civ V. I have to be careful, this may be my next crack addiction. But if you guys still do MP on this game, I'd like to try it someday.

Keep an eye out for sales on Warlock 2, in that case. 
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 24, 2014, 08:38:57 AM
I'll keep an eye out for W2, for sure.

You guys SUCK.  ;D I made the big mistake of firing up Warlock a couple of nights ago just to see how it plays. It's one of those 'just one more turn' games, just like Civ, and I'm still amazed at how close to Master of Magic it is, but so much more fun.

Last night I intended to play a few rounds continuing a game I'd saved. It was 8:20 pm. I thought maybe 20 minutes went by and it was almost 10:00.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on September 24, 2014, 10:47:45 AM
^lololol - been there, done that, Gus got the T-shirt :crazy2:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 25, 2014, 06:09:00 AM
ALMOST two hours?!  Rookie!  ;)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 25, 2014, 06:54:14 AM
^ TRUST me, I can't wait for the weekend. I have no doubt I'll be up until wee hours playing this silly thing.

Funny thing is for this first game I just chose to eliminate other wizards as the only victory condition. I have two neighbors that are VERY friendly with me and one that is not - went to war with him last night and took one of his cities (Volcano is an AWESOME spell, BTW - muwahahahahaha) before he begged me for peace.

I do have a question though - around one of the portals, monsters keep spawning. Dragons, demons, and other evilness, though I have a hero (the Rrrat King or whatever his name is, totally buffed out and loaded with magic weapons) plus a couple of Warriors, a Healer, a Mage, and some Rogues too, so anything that appears through that portal gets slaughtered in one turn. However, it's annoying, because I have a wizard just to the west and I'm not really wanting to send an army through the portal and leave my western borders lightly defended. I gotta ask, are these things coming through the portal? And if they are, will my sending a force through the portal do anything to squash these incursions? Are they basically wandering monsters in the other world wandering into the portal and appearing in my 'real' world?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on September 25, 2014, 06:57:38 AM
Yep, you can interdict them 'on the other side' and, if you can destroy where they spawn, stop them altogether. Until then, you can only do what you are doing now. If you get chance though, build some static defences round there to free up some of your high quality units that would be better employed elsewhere.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 25, 2014, 06:58:42 PM
Be sure to have stout Missile Units, too.  Sometimes the portal will spawn flying creatures and ground units can't hit them.  You should also start thinking about assembling your clear out force.  You are going to have to go in there and take out all the monsters and their generators.  The plus side is, there's lots of goodies on the other planes and great places to quietly build many cities in peace.  Once you've cleared the plane.  The bad news is, there are some bad ass monsters in there and there are a LOT of them.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 25, 2014, 07:26:24 PM
Yeah, I'm learning that (the portals are a PITA). Lol...

I just had a huge laugh...the game told me a Lord was available to hire so I clicked and saw this:

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rockpapershotgun.com%2Fimages%2F14%2Fmay%2Fwarlock4.jpg&hash=642a9a1e3f405beeb62d84415bf273563476eba9)

(Not my screenshot.)

A killer bunny immune to melee and arrows? SIGN IT UP NOW!  :2funny:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 25, 2014, 07:30:30 PM
I was pretty amused the first time I saw that, too.  Awesome that game designers have a sense of humor :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 25, 2014, 08:16:09 PM
it sounds like you guys need another multiplayer Warlock game with a solid multi-POV AAR :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 25, 2014, 08:28:44 PM
I'm game.  Any takers?  How about the top 4 players by hours?  I know Windy is up there.  I'm over 500 hours.  Who else?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 25, 2014, 08:33:47 PM
I'm at six hours. I'd be interested though I'd hope for a larger world as I don't want to get my butt kicked, and would prefer a Unity spell goal and not a mage-killing one...but if the majority want mage-killing, so be it. An AAR sounds interesting and I'm already putting a bit of time here and there in the game, so...and was hoping to get in some time with it this weekend too.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 25, 2014, 08:55:08 PM
I'll play this game any time I am available with any one that wants.  I am not gentle, but, I am glad to share whatever knowledge I have.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 25, 2014, 08:59:56 PM
I could stand to learn more by losing, I suppose.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 25, 2014, 09:04:54 PM
I am available weekend mornings for sure.  That will allow bob or ucg or even Huw, if they want in, to play along.  I'd like to get a couple hours at a time if at all possible.  The roster can only hold four.  Victory Conditions can be agreed upon.  The unfortunate thing about MP is, that it is human player only.  The only AI is a Neutral player that starts close to you and is easy to defeat.  Then your interactions are solely human.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 25, 2014, 09:05:50 PM
Saturday would not work for me. Sunday morning, though, might be doable.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 25, 2014, 09:07:08 PM
That's when bob was available, too.  Of course, we are putting the cart before the horse.  Let's see who wanders in and decides to join us.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on September 25, 2014, 09:13:51 PM
(sniff sniff)  :'(
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 25, 2014, 09:34:09 PM
You want in, Tuna?  Sunday morning for a couple of hours good?  Writing an AAR as you go along ok?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on September 25, 2014, 10:29:55 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 25, 2014, 08:28:44 PM
I'm game.  Any takers?  How about the top 4 players by hours? 

68 hours.

Y'all'd school me.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 25, 2014, 10:53:45 PM
Oh, come now.  Hours played is not indicative of ability.  And I suspect that you have the ability to be quite adept at this endeavor.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on September 25, 2014, 11:25:59 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 25, 2014, 10:53:45 PM
Oh, come now.  Hours played is not indicative of ability.  And I suspect that you have the ability to be quite adept at this endeavor.

At being crushed by your intimate knowledge of the game?

Indeed I am up to the task.

Should I wish to suffer at your hands? On that count I'm not so sure........ (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FSmilies%2Fhideunderbed.gif&hash=3ab8ab926639de857466985bfbb5ee56b3c5e5ee)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 25, 2014, 11:32:34 PM
Then do not suffer...but conquer and proclaim your self!

Does that mean you are in?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on September 25, 2014, 11:49:51 PM
I'm not sure you have a proper understanding of who many minis I have to paint...
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 26, 2014, 12:04:30 AM
Two hours on a Sunday morning.  Say, 7a.m. to 9.  It would still give one of the limeys a chance to slot in.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 26, 2014, 05:29:34 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 25, 2014, 10:53:45 PMAnd I suspect that you have the ability to be quite adept at this endeavor.

did the dog just bust a pun?!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on September 26, 2014, 05:29:46 AM
Sunday mornings at 7 am..... man that's tempting.... I haven't played in a long while and it would be an excuse to get back in.....

I need my revenge!  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 26, 2014, 06:10:52 AM
That's good.  Do you know anyone capable of getting it for you? ;)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 26, 2014, 06:12:47 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 26, 2014, 05:29:34 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 25, 2014, 10:53:45 PMAnd I suspect that you have the ability to be quite adept at this endeavor.

did the dog just bust a pun?!

Any and all puns that appear are purely coincidental and NOT the result of any thought or purposeful animus.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on September 26, 2014, 06:55:27 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 26, 2014, 06:10:52 AM
That's good.  Do you know anyone capable of getting it for you? ;)

>:(
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 26, 2014, 06:55:42 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 26, 2014, 05:29:46 AMI need my revenge!  :knuppel2:

Quote from: MetalDog on September 26, 2014, 06:10:52 AMThat's good.  Do you know anyone capable of getting it for you? ;)

OK, that made me LOL  ;D
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on September 26, 2014, 08:06:45 AM
7 am ! I 'hope' to still be sleeping at that time on Sunday mornings! If you do happen to start a night game up as well, I'll join. I know MD can never have too much Warnock!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: LongBlade on September 26, 2014, 11:03:43 AM
Quote from: Tuna on September 26, 2014, 08:06:45 AM
7 am ! I 'hope' to still be sleeping at that time on Sunday mornings! If you do happen to start a night game up as well, I'll join. I know MD can never have too much Warnock!

I'm usually going to bed around 7 am Sunday. What's wrong with you guys?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on September 26, 2014, 02:17:19 PM
Alright, already. When MD and I played, it was around 3.0pm in my part of Grogdom, so I may well be tempted if there is a slot free.

MD, you silver-tongued devil, you.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 26, 2014, 07:18:58 PM
I try, bob ;)


Ok.  Here's the particulars:

Sunday mornings 7am to 9am CST
Players = 4 because that is all MP will support
Victory Condition and World size: TBD (Although, I suggest Eliminate other Mages and a smallish map)

MUST BE WILLING TO AAR!  Don't you want to chronicle how you whooped my ass so everyone can see?

The hard part: I hate turning people away.  And making decisions about who is included and who isn't makes me feel yucky.  So, y'all determine who and how and I will abide.

Reply in this thread.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 26, 2014, 10:41:43 PM
I'd like to play, but honestly only consider me if you need someone. I've now got a whopping 11 hours on record and I saw the post regarding wanting the top-hour players to play - which makes sense because a noob like me would probably get squashed.

I just spent a good three hours trying to clear a plane of freaking fire elementals and dragons. It was a grind but I finally got rid of them. Then my neighbor got all uppity so I took two of his cities away and put a volcano right next to his capital city. :D My bunny and Elder Ogre heroes led the way along with a unit of Minotaurs. Each turn they'd do 100 damage to the Librarian's cities. I'm sure I'm missing some of the min/max concepts in this game like enchanting units, so I've still got a lot to learn and wouldn't be hurt if you guys want to have a game with more experienced players.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 26, 2014, 10:53:42 PM
B_C, everyone is welcome, 11 hours or 537 hours.  I just can't make the roster as I don't want to disappoint anyone.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on September 27, 2014, 05:37:03 AM
BC, sounds like you have a good grip on things. I've only got 50 some hours in the game.

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on September 27, 2014, 08:23:25 AM
It doesn't take any amount of training to get invaded by MD.. it will just happen... He get's the Volcano perk very quickly in game!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 27, 2014, 10:00:07 AM
Now, Tuna, don't go giving away all my secrets and scaring the suckers,...I mean, worthy opponents.  ;)

Truly, though, all that's needed is the desire to play and the commitment to play every Sunday and AAR it until we finish.  Who's in?  Sound off.  Would like to start this tomorrow if possible.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on September 27, 2014, 10:04:33 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 27, 2014, 10:00:07 AM
Now, Tuna, don't go giving away all my secrets and scaring the suckers,...I mean, worthy opponents.  ;)



Are you trying to say that BarthHeart's neighborhood being trashed by lava was a Natural Occurrence and you didn't have enough time in game to research that power?  I thought it was a MD super power!  O0
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 27, 2014, 10:18:52 AM
Hmmm...interesting.

Because *I* am quite taken by the Volcano spell myself and use it often on the AI.

Though I think my new favorite spell is Armageddon.  >:D
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on September 27, 2014, 10:28:03 AM
I'll honestly try, but I most likely won't be on until a couple of hours later, so best not count me as a definite  :(

Just checked on Steam - I have 573 hours on the game.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 27, 2014, 10:30:11 AM
Why not just see who shows up at 0700 tomorrow morning and post in here if you're ready to go? Just in case some cannot make it.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on September 27, 2014, 10:35:08 AM
Banzai, I'm just kidding around.. I think BarthHeart's volcanic demise was a natural occurrence, we were not far enough into the game for MD to have researched it....  Of course, MD being the competitor that he is, did not delay in taking advantage of the situation!  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 27, 2014, 10:36:31 AM
That's kind of funny you say that, because in my VERY first game of Warlock, I had Volcano very early on. Didn't cast it because it cost so much mana, but a bit later I did just to see what it would do. Impressive to say the least.   :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on September 27, 2014, 10:54:58 AM
lol.. hmm maybe he did have it then.. I guess you could by 'luck'.. I thought BarthHeart said it was just 'where he was spawned'....
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on September 27, 2014, 10:55:58 AM
And don't get me wrong.. MD is the BEST person you could play MP with.. because he is always willing so share his immense knowledge in the game. And the Banter that goes on in MP is always fun!  O0
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 27, 2014, 11:05:25 AM
That sounds like fun. Is there live chat in the game via voice? I've never done that, not with any game. I actually have a headset from doing voiceover work for my day job.

I think it's random how the spells come available for research. My second game was nothing like my first in terms of available spells, which I REALLY like. The tech tree stuff in Civ V is totally foreseeable of course, but in this game you just don't seem to know what's coming next. If there is some kind of logical progression in what becomes available, I've not seen the pattern yet.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 27, 2014, 11:18:36 AM
Very kind words, Tuna.  And correct, too.  I am very willing to share whatever knowledge I have.  The more people know, the more enjoyment they get out of the experience.  And that's what we play for, right?  To have a good time?

As for research generally and Volcano specifically, there is no rhyme or reason for how the spells are presented for research and in what order that I can discern.  And Barthheart spawned near all that lava.  I did not drop it on him.  Although, Tuna is again right in stating that I took advantage of the situation.

Yes, you can voice chat during the game.  Steam is great to use for just that reason.  I have a headset, too and will plug in.  I warn you though, I have a filthy mouth, so if you have kids, keep the external speakers off.  As for tomorrow, I am good with B_C's suggestion.  Be there at 7am CST sharp if you want in.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on September 27, 2014, 12:58:55 PM
I do recall that you used to let the odd expletive slip while we were playing........... :2funny:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 27, 2014, 03:15:40 PM
Just watch your f*ckin' mouth, g*ddammit.  O0
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on September 27, 2014, 03:41:34 PM
ROFL  :)

Now #*c@ o%%
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on September 27, 2014, 04:24:47 PM
Yes I apawned in the middle of a lava filed with my poor humans that game. And yes MD took brutal advantage of the fact I could not grow food fast enough to make units.  :tickedoff:

7am CST is 8 am to me so I'll be there fer sure.  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 27, 2014, 09:11:05 PM
Excellent!  Another chance to add to your sig line :)  ;)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 27, 2014, 09:25:46 PM
I thought perhaps there was some rhyme or reason to spawning starting cities, but apparently not. I think I mentioned one game where it started me on the very southern edge of the map where there was a 2-hex-wide strip of land about 30 hexes wide, and I was in the middle. Oh, and it was full of snowy mountains too. RESET.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 28, 2014, 06:55:05 AM
See you in 5!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 28, 2014, 07:35:16 AM
You guys on? My computer decided it wanted to pull its weekly crapout session just as I was trying to wake it up, so I only now managed to get it back.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 28, 2014, 10:36:42 AM
We scrapped it for this morning.  LB went to Rome and you had 'puter problems.  There's always next weekend.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 28, 2014, 11:00:34 AM
Do you need 4 for a multiplayer game? Can it be played with less?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on September 28, 2014, 11:07:20 AM
It can be, but, I'd like to have four.  LB said he'd join after knocking the cobwebs off his game a little, so, it's looking like you, me, Barttheart and LB.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Shelldrake on September 29, 2014, 06:02:03 AM
I am not quite ready to challenge you guys in MP but loaded the game up for the first time last night and definitely liked what I saw. Started playing a small map at 8pm with a single opponent and next time l looked at the time it was 11pm - definitely has the "just one more turn" charm.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 02, 2014, 12:47:20 PM
SD, I fully expect to get my butt kicked. But I'll learn much better from that than from playing a cheating AI.

Speaking of...are you grandpas going to want to try again this Sunday morning, or is the nursing home catering a jello breakfast that morning that you don't want to miss? ;)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 02, 2014, 01:48:25 PM
I'm gonna do my best to be there, even if you have a full team, and are desperate for someone to make up the numbers.

...and lets face it, you would have to be pretty desperate to need me............
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 02, 2014, 10:59:10 PM
Don't sell your self short, bob.  You've got more hours logged at it than I do. 


And need I remind you, B_C, that YOU are older than ME!  So, take THAT you jello slurping, moth ball smelling, dusty old fart!!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on October 03, 2014, 06:38:45 AM
Enough griping, more slaying! Are we playing at 7 am on Sunday or what?!?  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 03, 2014, 07:19:17 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 02, 2014, 10:59:10 PM
Don't sell your self short, bob.  You've got more hours logged at it than I do. 


And need I remind you, B_C, that YOU are older than ME!  So, take THAT you jello slurping, moth ball smelling, dusty old fart!!

LOL - more hours does not necessarily mean I'm a better player. And I'm older'n than all of ya, so what does that make me?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: undercovergeek on October 03, 2014, 07:50:14 AM
Quote from: bob48 on October 03, 2014, 07:19:17 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 02, 2014, 10:59:10 PM
Don't sell your self short, bob.  You've got more hours logged at it than I do. 


And need I remind you, B_C, that YOU are older than ME!  So, take THAT you jello slurping, moth ball smelling, dusty old fart!!

LOL - more hours does not necessarily mean I'm a better player. And I'm older'n than all of ya, so what does that make me?

a zombie
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Nefaro on October 03, 2014, 08:34:39 AM
Quote from: bob48 on October 03, 2014, 07:19:17 AM

LOL - more hours does not necessarily mean I'm a better player. And I'm older'n than all of ya, so what does that make me?


Immortal?


Bawb the Immortal ->
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimages2.fanpop.com%2Fimage%2Fphotos%2F8700000%2FThe-Kurgan-highlander-8779283-404-303.jpg&hash=ffd3ef2cfec5e1d572ef5047e85636728aa31174)


There can be only one!!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: undercovergeek on October 03, 2014, 09:05:27 AM
He is Bob of the Clan Bawb. Born in 1518 in the village of Birmingham on the shores of the Manchester ship canal. And he cannot die
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 03, 2014, 11:07:46 AM
Nah, daft sod. That's the other Bob from Birmingham.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 03, 2014, 06:28:10 PM
You can count me in, Barthheart!  Now, it's a matter of getting the other two...
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 03, 2014, 09:06:10 PM
I'll show up. At least that's my plan right now.  :D
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 04, 2014, 10:54:06 AM
Alright.  Looks like we have four.  Just reply to let me know I got this right.

bob

Barthheart

Banzai_Cat

Me.


As I expect it to be three against one, I already know what I am going to call this gaming session...














































Attack of the killer B's!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 04, 2014, 11:03:47 AM
Mwhahahah :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Staggerwing on October 04, 2014, 11:18:34 AM
I smell a pun...

... and not of the pickled onion kind..
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 04, 2014, 11:32:57 AM
Yup, count me in.  O0

Finally just won my first game of Warlock against the AI. I was going way too easy on them.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 04, 2014, 07:23:35 PM
Crazy how that works out, isn't it?


What's the VC for our game tomorrow?

How big is the map?  And do you know how to customize your Mage before play?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 04, 2014, 09:18:30 PM
I have not played with an 'avatar' victory condition yet. I assume that means there's a character on the board that represents your Great Mage and if he/she dies, that's it for you? I don't like that condition at all.

Thought it was pretty cool, though, when you defeat an AI mage by capturing their capital that all the other uncaptured cities go neutral. Just saying.

Anyway, also, what about the Armageddon VC that comes with the DLC? I tried playing that and the Dremer kicked my butt.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 04, 2014, 10:41:53 PM
This is what I know about the DLC only one player has to have it in order for everyone to be able to play it.  It is my understanding, although, I am not 100% sure, that the host determines what DLC is included by what he has installed, i.e., I do not have the Dremer stuff, so, we won't have it in our game. 

As for VC, it's probably best we play to eliminate your rival mages.  Makes for a better AAR and everyone has to participate in diplomacy, which is a complaint many people have with the AI, exploitable diplomacy.  So, unless one of you IS a computer, it will be diplomacy by human intelligence. 

And I'll ask again, just so it is fair, does everyone know how to customize your Mage before the game starts?  Once you click Multiplayer, you will be in the lobby.  To the right of the screen is the default avatar, Miralbus.  Directly under his portrait is a Customize option.  Click on it to change your avatar, Race, and starting abilities.  There are numerous threads at the Warlock forum dedicated to curtailing which options MP should be allowed or not.  It's up to you fellas, but, I am inclined to make'em the way you want'em.  If you think something is overpowered, speak up and we'll discuss it.

In any event, it's T minus 8+ hours and counting.  You boys ready?

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 05, 2014, 06:20:28 AM
Yup
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 05, 2014, 06:51:46 AM
I'm here. Never done MP on Steam before, much less with Warlock, so...
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 05, 2014, 06:57:06 AM
You'll do fine.  Now I  hope Barthheart is coming to join us...
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 05, 2014, 09:01:02 AM
Alrighty then!  Got the first session in this morning!  21 Turns in and I know where bob is and B_C just showed up on my radar.  EXCELLENT beginning!!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Martok on October 05, 2014, 09:59:17 AM
Cool.  You gonna be posting in the AAR forum, then? 
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on October 05, 2014, 01:46:08 PM
I started snapping pics and have a few notes. Are we posting in the forum or are you gonna make Brant post this on the front page again?  :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 05, 2014, 02:02:13 PM
Oh No! - MD knows where I am....now I'll never get rid of him..........
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Bison on October 05, 2014, 02:39:34 PM
Quote from: bob48 on October 05, 2014, 02:02:13 PM
Oh No! - MD knows where I am....now I'll never get rid of him..........

I recommend that your great mage unleash the one beast that MD fears most...the Kraken of Pun.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 05, 2014, 03:40:30 PM
Quote from: Bison on October 05, 2014, 02:39:34 PMthe Kraken of Pun.

You really want him to krack that one out?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Bison on October 05, 2014, 03:50:55 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 05, 2014, 03:40:30 PM
Quote from: Bison on October 05, 2014, 02:39:34 PMthe Kraken of Pun.

You really want him to krack that one out?

It'll definitely put a crack in MD strategy.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 05, 2014, 04:14:20 PM
Quote from: Bison on October 05, 2014, 02:39:34 PM
Quote from: bob48 on October 05, 2014, 02:02:13 PM
Oh No! - MD knows where I am....now I'll never get rid of him..........

I recommend that your great mage unleash the one beast that MD fears most...the Kraken of Pun.

I always thought you were a little cranky, Bison.  I never knew you were outright mean :P
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 05, 2014, 04:16:07 PM
Y'all do realise that MD will blame me for any unsanctioned punnery  >:(

Keep up the good work!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 05, 2014, 05:40:17 PM
Quote from: Martok on October 05, 2014, 09:59:17 AM
Cool.  You gonna be posting in the AAR forum, then?


Quote from: Barthheart on October 05, 2014, 01:46:08 PM
I started snapping pics and have a few notes. Are we posting in the forum or are you gonna make Brant post this on the front page again?  :uglystupid2:


Honestly, the reason I started to push this was, 1) B_C resurrected the thread, saying how much he liked it and 2) Brant saw it and asked were we going to AAR.  So, voila!  We are here and going to put ourselves on Brant until he puts it on the front page.  Besides, who could resist hearing about MetalDog and the Killer B's?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 05, 2014, 06:22:26 PM
y'all let me know if enough of you were taking sufficient notes to put together a good 4-headed AAR.  We can post it to the front page, no problem.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 05, 2014, 06:35:37 PM
I've got screenies and notes.  Barthheart does, too.  Not sure about the other two B's.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: endfire79 on October 05, 2014, 07:33:20 PM
Hmmm Warlock is on sale
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: endfire79 on October 05, 2014, 07:35:31 PM
Going quickly through the threads, how are you guys finding the gameplay on this so far?  CIV 5 with magic and sorcery?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on October 05, 2014, 07:49:34 PM
It's not really CiV with magic. It's all about killing the other mages. Very simple city building, very simple diplomacy. Great magic and army building. Lots of nasty neutral players and monsters. Just today in our game I had a herd of spiders (is that the right word for a whole shit load of spiders?) kill two of my units as I was trying to find their nest.

So not really a game where you can try to win by peaceful means.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on October 05, 2014, 08:54:25 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 05, 2014, 07:49:34 PM
It's not really CiV with magic. It's all about killing the other mages. Very simple city building, very simple diplomacy. Great magic and army building. Lots of nasty neutral players and monsters. Just today in our game I had a herd of spiders (is that the right word for a whole shit load of spiders?) kill two of my units as I was trying to find their nest.

So not really a game where you can try to win by peaceful means.

Looks like civ, but it's not.. Barth explains it best.. It's still a blast... especially MP.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 05, 2014, 09:37:59 PM
I'll second MP blasting.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 05, 2014, 09:51:42 PM
One thing about Civ V is that it restricts growth so you're not planting cities around you willy-nilly. In Warlock, you have zero such restrictions and CAN expand with abandon if you wish. Your only limitations are going to be geography (but there's ways around that as some spells allow you to change terrain).

You do have to pay upkeep for units, and some of the more awesome ones can cost a crapload of resources (gold, food, and mana sometimes, depending on the unit).

Magic does kind of sort of take the place of tech from Civ V, but one thing I REALLY like about Warlock is the spells you can research (there's five you can choose from at any one time) are randomized, though some of the more powerful spells tend to be later in the game. However, this is not guaranteed and you can sometimes have access to some very VERY powerful spells early on. I enjoy this randomness to it. In Civ V you will have your own preferences when it comes to technologies and while you may have a few different paths you might take depending on your Civ and on your world placement, in Warlock your spellcasting is totally up in the air.

If you get Warlock, get the DLC. Get ALL the DLC for it as it's very very cheap right now. They add even more to the base game. One thing I didn't really like about the base game is that you're limited to about eight or so (correct me if I'm wrong) mages. Each mage is pre-built, BUT, you can customize them and change their abilities before the game starts if you want, so there's some flexibility there. One of the DLCs adds a few more mages, including my current favorite, the Dragon Queen (aka "the hot chick" as someone said in our MP game today - can't recall whom that was at the moment). I like her because Humans are her race but she's an Elf, so she has access to Elf units. I don't think Elves make an appearance in the base game, but they become playable with that DLC.

One DLC has an 'armageddon' game mode where the world is being invaded by something called the Dremer. And they will kick your butt. When they appear, they appear with little towers that are damn near impossible to bring down and a unit or two that are very tough. Oh yeah, and they'll change the terrain around them permanently (though I think there are some spells that might counter that). VERY challenging scenario and worth it as well.

There's also monsters in the game world - as Barthheart mentioned, spiders are one set. There's also ratmen, rats, imps, Ogres, and lots of other beasts. Warlock WILL screw with you by dropping some randomly throughout the world at times. So, you can't just keep a ton of military units on the far front lines; you are forced to spread them out to deal with random incursions like this. And there are gates to other worlds - in the game setup you can select how many other worlds there are, but they will be heavily defended by some badass enemy units you won't find in the 'normal' world.

Monsters WILL attack your units and your cities, and they can capture your cities. Neutrals may do the same though I haven't seen them be very aggressive. If you take out a mage's capital but haven't taken all their cities, all their other cities go neutral, which is kind of cool too.

You can make alliances but you can break them as well. The AI will hose you over in that regard. My latest AI game has two other powerful mages on my continent. I managed to get into an alliance with both of them. Then they went to war with each other. One asked for my aid so I thought why not and joined in. Then later the one I went to aid decided to back out of the treaty and declare war on me. So I fought both of them. Then I made peace with the OTHER AI player so I could focus on the first one. After that peace was set in, a few turns passed and the second AI declared war on me again. The first one offered me peace, so I took it and turned to fight the other.

It can be a free for all. A glorious, awesome, random, thoroughly enjoyable, chaotic free for all.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 05, 2014, 11:02:47 PM
Well said.  So, are you in endfire?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Shelldrake on October 06, 2014, 05:57:51 AM
Count me in for the next MP session.

Endfire, if you get the game perhaps we can have a MP warm up game since I am also fairly new to Warlock.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 06, 2014, 06:10:05 AM
Warlock is worth every penny, and so are the add-ons. Get 'em while they're cheap. Its a great game.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: undercovergeek on October 06, 2014, 06:15:35 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 05, 2014, 07:49:34 PM
It's not really CiV with magic. It's all about killing the other mages. Very simple city building, very simple diplomacy. Great magic and army building. Lots of nasty neutral players and monsters. Just today in our game I had a herd of spiders (is that the right word for a whole shit load of spiders?) kill two of my units as I was trying to find their nest.

So not really a game where you can try to win by peaceful means.

I'll be the first to agree that I think the collective term for spiders is a 'whole shitload'
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 06, 2014, 06:22:52 AM
Ask Martok, he'll know.

It probably something like 'Oh FUUuuuuu...........'
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 06, 2014, 06:40:50 AM
The "Monster Eating Spiders" (the brown ones) aren't all that tough. The other ones, the blue ones, which I can't recall what they're called, are NOT pushovers and will hurt you. The only other monster unit that makes me cringe are the Ogres.

It really sucks when you're exploring for many turns and find a really sweet spot for a city, but a few hexes away is an Ogre Den with five or six Ogres around it.

Monster dens of any kind will spawn monsters regularly, sort of like Barbarian settlements in Civ V.

If you're thinking of taking the plunge, please do so. You won't regret it. If you played the old Master of Magic PC game, you'll see a lot of similarities with that game and this one as well.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Martok on October 06, 2014, 01:56:47 PM
Bloody hell.  Reading this thread is making me want to buy the damn game again.  As if I don't already have enough fantasy-strategy titles to occupy me (FE:LH, AoW3, Worlds of Magic, the Sovereignty beta) as it is...  >:( 




Quote from: bob48 on October 06, 2014, 06:22:52 AM
Ask Martok, he'll know.

It probably something like 'Oh FUUuuuuu...........'
Well, you're sort of in the ballpark, at any rate.  How does one spell "strangled-whimpering-that-doesn't-quite-turn-into-full-blown-screaming"...? 

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: endfire79 on October 06, 2014, 02:11:37 PM
Warlock at $6.79 sounds tempting after checking it out.  Gotta get a few gems on sale before its game over during the baby time in February  :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Shelldrake on October 06, 2014, 02:22:35 PM
Quote from: endfire79 on October 06, 2014, 02:11:37 PM
Warlock at $6.79 sounds tempting after checking it out.  Gotta get a few gems on sale before its game over during the baby time in February  :)

Go for it! Great game!!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: undercovergeek on October 06, 2014, 03:12:57 PM
Quote from: Martok on October 06, 2014, 01:56:47 PM
As if I don't already have enough fantasy-strategy titles to occupy me (FE:LH, AoW3, Worlds of Magic, the Sovereignty beta)

what happened with this, did it get released? what do you think?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: endfire79 on October 06, 2014, 06:32:32 PM
Hmm looks interesting, downloading.  Going to take a stab at the single player once I finish my hockey pool picks, and trying to get a MP before Friday (road trip on long weekend).
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Nefaro on October 06, 2014, 06:37:55 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 06, 2014, 03:12:57 PM
Quote from: Martok on October 06, 2014, 01:56:47 PM
As if I don't already have enough fantasy-strategy titles to occupy me (FE:LH, AoW3, Worlds of Magic, the Sovereignty beta)

what happened with this, did it get released? what do you think?

Worlds of Magic was released on Early Access.  It's exactly that.  Still missing a lot of planned content and buggy. 

I picked it up early to get a glimpse of the character creation options because it looked to have a bit more depth in the magic department, and hopefully others, when it's done.  But it's definitely an early beta right now (at best).

I've been playing AOW3 with the new DLC pack lately.  Enjoying and playing it a fair bit even though I've been in one of those indecisive funks where nothing sounds terribly appealing.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 06, 2014, 07:19:14 PM
Quote from: endfire79 on October 06, 2014, 06:32:32 PM
Hmm looks interesting, downloading.  Going to take a stab at the single player once I finish my hockey pool picks, and trying to get a MP before Friday (road trip on long weekend).


If you see me on Steam, hit me up.  I am stophro there.  I'm always up for a game.  And handy with a tip or two.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Martok on October 06, 2014, 09:08:49 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 06, 2014, 03:12:57 PM
Quote from: Martok on October 06, 2014, 01:56:47 PM
As if I don't already have enough fantasy-strategy titles to occupy me (FE:LH, AoW3, Worlds of Magic, the Sovereignty beta)

what happened with this, did it get released? what do you think?
I've held off on activating my Kickstarter copy for the time being, since by most accounts it's definitely not ready for prime-time yet (which Nefaro's comments reinforce).  The developer videos are very interesting, though, and I like the way the magic system is set up. 

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Bardolph on October 06, 2014, 10:58:56 PM
Been messing about with Warlock a bit lately, in part due to this thread.
Keep running into glitches after playing for a while. UI disappears, game freezes up etc. Tried searching the forums on Paradox and Steam and while it seems to be a known issue (possibly mem leak) the most frequent advice was simply save and restart every so often.
Any of you lot running into this?
Other than that I've been having fun with it, definitely has that "one more turn" thing going for it, at least at first.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 06, 2014, 11:18:02 PM
I have experienced that before.  Mostly in multiplayer.  Try ending your turn without any units active.  I know sometimes I will want to make sure I have moved a unit and will click on it it to make it active and then hit End Turn.  It was usually after I did that that I would experience problems.  Usually, it was starting my next turn in the middle of the 'Fog of War,' or in Warlock's case, the 'Clouds of War.'  No game freezes though.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 07, 2014, 06:53:06 AM
Never had any performance issues with it, thus far anyway. And I'm running it on a 7-year-old desktop.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Bardolph on October 07, 2014, 03:08:22 PM
Hmm. I can go 30 or so turns and it happens pretty consistently. I don't normally end the turn with an active unit, I tend to click through them all and hit F if nothing else.
When it glitches, I look at Task Manager and the game is usually using a gig of memory or more, which seems a lot.
Year and a half old i7 "gaming" laptop running Win 8.0. Runs everything else I've thrown at it fairly well, though usually not on "ultra" settings.
I have seen a few other folks posting similar problems but I haven't seen much response on either the Steam or Paradox forums other than "save your game more often".  ::)

No biggie, was just wondering if any of you lot had run into the issue.
Thanks for the replies!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Nefaro on October 07, 2014, 03:22:03 PM
Quote from: Bardolph on October 07, 2014, 03:08:22 PM
Hmm. I can go 30 or so turns and it happens pretty consistently. I don't normally end the turn with an active unit, I tend to click through them all and hit F if nothing else.
When it glitches, I look at Task Manager and the game is usually using a gig of memory or more, which seems a lot.
Year and a half old i7 "gaming" laptop running Win 8.0. Runs everything else I've thrown at it fairly well, though usually not on "ultra" settings.
I have seen a few other folks posting similar problems but I haven't seen much response on either the Steam or Paradox forums other than "save your game more often".  ::)

No biggie, was just wondering if any of you lot had run into the issue.
Thanks for the replies!

Is it a compatibility issue with Win8?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Shelldrake on October 07, 2014, 05:25:15 PM
I haven't had any problems but then my gaming rig is still using XP.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 08, 2014, 06:24:42 AM
I've been playing it a long time on W7 with no issues.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 08, 2014, 06:46:10 AM
Bawb's been gaming since the word 'Windows' only invoked images of glass holes in a wall.

Uhh...wait, that actually applies to 95% of us.  :-[
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 08, 2014, 07:47:05 AM
 O0
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: undercovergeek on October 08, 2014, 07:47:58 AM
so this is what time you get up now is it?   >:(
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 08, 2014, 08:07:15 AM
I'm usually up at 4-5 a.m. CST, which is about 10-11 am your time I suppose.

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 11, 2014, 03:59:54 PM
How about it chaps?  I know B_C expressed some doubt, how about you other two?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 11, 2014, 04:57:19 PM
I'll be there, but maybe limited to an hour / hour and a half.

I need more pics of your avatar girl  :smitten:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Staggerwing on October 11, 2014, 05:12:23 PM
Quote from: bob48 on October 11, 2014, 04:57:19 PM
I'll be there, but maybe limited to an hour / hour and a half.

I need more pics of your avatar girl  :smitten:

Sheila Ferrari , aka Sheila Ferrari Molina:

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fs55.radikal.ru%2Fi150%2F1112%2Fde%2Ff2208d89734f.jpg&hash=6d16ca4f2a01649aeb7a655c54cf8c7f61a50368)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 11, 2014, 05:23:40 PM
Such lovely big....eyes she has.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Staggerwing on October 11, 2014, 05:24:52 PM
Doesn't she now...  :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on October 12, 2014, 06:06:13 AM
I'm up and will be on at 8.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 16, 2014, 07:48:03 PM
Alright there Killer B's, you going to be there Sunday morning to take your whooping?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 16, 2014, 08:06:34 PM
I will try. I'd like to get back to it as long as bawb's wife doesn't make him eat at the table again. :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on October 16, 2014, 08:07:16 PM
I'm in.  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 16, 2014, 08:31:04 PM
Hold on to that bat, Barthheart.  I haven't found you yet ;)

Now all we need is bob.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 17, 2014, 06:13:54 AM
All we need is bawb...

(WAH-wah-wahwahwah)

All we need is bawb...

(WAH-wah-wahwahwah)

All we need is BAWB...bawb...bawb is all we need...

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: undercovergeek on October 17, 2014, 06:25:57 AM
like a dog who hears a whistle you cant, im sure hes out there shopping with 'she of the pans' with his head on side, whining to himself
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 17, 2014, 12:45:00 PM
...someone called?

Wey aye man, I'll be there alreet, divvent fash.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 19, 2014, 11:16:08 AM
So I take it nobody made it this a.m.?

My show went late and I slept RIGHT through my alarm this morning. I got on here sheepishly expecting a reaming and it's all crickets this morning.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on October 19, 2014, 11:54:37 AM
We were all there slamming you harder... well.... than Mirth on a fat chick.... and still you didn't show...  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 20, 2014, 10:42:20 AM
I can't apologize enough. It's been a rough week and a rougher weekend.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on October 20, 2014, 10:43:50 AM
No problem man. We've all had weeks/weekends like that.

So long as yer still in.  O0
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 25, 2014, 11:27:57 AM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1355.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq717%2Fstophro%2F2014-10-25_00001_zpsd16976bb.jpg&hash=08d3b243a23033ffcc129d84fd68f9d9639cde7a) (http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/stophro/media/2014-10-25_00001_zpsd16976bb.jpg.html)


Just a little reminder of what you boys are up against ;)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on October 25, 2014, 11:36:19 AM
Blah... blah.... blah....  ^-^
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Bison on October 25, 2014, 11:37:22 AM
You achieve a great victory one time and you lord it over everyone else forever, which reminds me I need to go look up who won last years fantasy football title...
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 25, 2014, 11:38:38 AM
Apples and oranges, my friend, apples and oranges.  Besides, I don't see YOU sticking your toes into our little Sunday morning shindigs...
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Bison on October 25, 2014, 11:41:49 AM
I try and not stick my toes into any shindigs sounds painful.  Honestly I'm not sure I could do a full game of Warlock MP.  My MP experience these days are limited to shoot 'em up type games that I can jump into for 30 minutes to an hour and then brain dump.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 25, 2014, 11:53:49 AM
We start early enough, 0700 CDT.  It's two hours and you get to chat with international luminaries and bon vivants of the very best sort.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Bison on October 25, 2014, 12:03:08 PM
I don't get up that early on my day of rest.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 25, 2014, 12:09:18 PM
I haven't done the 'Defeat an Avatar' option yet - what is that? A figure on the map representing you that, if they get killed, then you're out?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 25, 2014, 01:48:29 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 25, 2014, 12:09:18 PM
I haven't done the 'Defeat an Avatar' option yet - what is that? A figure on the map representing you that, if they get killed, then you're out?


No.  In game, you can choose to build Temples to various gods or do quests that curry favor with a god.  Once you get a +100 rating in worship of a god, you are in opposition to another god.  After an indeterminate amount of time, an Avatar of the god opposite your devotion will send their avatar against you.  This last one I beat had a thousand hit points, did a hundred damage and could summon Sisters of Krypta and Ancient Liches to her defense.  Which she didn't do for some unknown reason.  Oh, and heal fifty points of damage per turn.


Quote from: Bison on October 25, 2014, 12:03:08 PM
I don't get up that early on my day of rest.


I get it.  You're scared.  No shame.  I wouldn't want to play me either.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 26, 2014, 06:32:57 AM
I'm here...and apparently the only one!  :o
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 26, 2014, 06:37:24 AM
Are you not a bit early?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on October 26, 2014, 06:38:37 AM
I'm here too!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 26, 2014, 06:39:15 AM
Its only 11.25am here  :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on October 26, 2014, 06:40:05 AM
Yeah it's early, only 7:38 here.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 26, 2014, 06:46:24 AM
14 more minutes
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 26, 2014, 08:59:40 AM
I have been ganged up on!  Foul knaves!  Base cravens!!  What have I ever done to desevrve THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 26, 2014, 09:00:13 AM
DIE OGRE!!!!  ;D
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on October 26, 2014, 09:01:04 AM
 :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on October 26, 2014, 09:01:31 AM
 :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Staggerwing on October 26, 2014, 09:02:52 AM
Quote from: bob48 on October 26, 2014, 09:01:04 AM
:knuppel2:

Quote from: Barthheart on October 26, 2014, 09:01:31 AM
:knuppel2:

LOL!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on October 26, 2014, 10:46:21 AM
I fail to see the humor  >:(
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Martok on October 26, 2014, 01:21:02 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 26, 2014, 08:59:40 AM
I have been ganged up on!  Foul knaves!  Base cravens!!  What have I ever done to desevrve THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 26, 2014, 09:00:13 AM
DIE OGRE!!!!  ;D
Quote from: bob48 on October 26, 2014, 09:01:04 AM
:knuppel2:
Quote from: Barthheart on October 26, 2014, 09:01:31 AM
:knuppel2:
I love that all four posts were made in less than two minutes.  :D 

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: undercovergeek on October 26, 2014, 03:20:25 PM
Quote from: Martok on October 26, 2014, 01:21:02 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 26, 2014, 08:59:40 AM
I have been ganged up on!  Foul knaves!  Base cravens!!  What have I ever done to desevrve THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 26, 2014, 09:00:13 AM
DIE OGRE!!!!  ;D
Quote from: bob48 on October 26, 2014, 09:01:04 AM
:knuppel2:
Quote from: Barthheart on October 26, 2014, 09:01:31 AM
:knuppel2:
I love that all four posts were made in less than two minutes.  :D

i dont think MD is feeling it
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 26, 2014, 04:19:31 PM
He's probably a tad upset that MD's plans did not come to fruition. At least not in this round. :D

Don't want to give away details especially if we're writing up an AAR later.

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 07, 2014, 06:41:48 PM
I think I got my microphone to work, finally.

I know we're probably not doing a game Sunday morn, but hey, I might get to join in on the conversation next time!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 07, 2014, 07:07:59 PM
I think bob said something about waxing his mustache Sunday.  Not sure if that's a euphemism.  Hopefully, he'll chime in and let us know.  As for myself, I am in if everyone else has the time.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 07, 2014, 07:39:07 PM
I think Barth said he wasn't able to make it Sunday.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 07, 2014, 07:45:11 PM
Saw that after I posted.  Something about waxing his mustache in a cabin.  Or something.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 07, 2014, 07:46:46 PM
Perhaps he and Bawb are at a mustache-waxing convention? I heard there was one at a truck stop up the highway a bit. ERR...so I heard.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 07, 2014, 07:48:58 PM
:)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 08, 2014, 06:36:08 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 07, 2014, 07:46:46 PM
Perhaps he and Bawb are at a mustache-waxing convention? I heard there was one at a truck stop up the highway a bit. ERR...so I heard.

I've got a bigger one than Bart...........deffo he said he'd not be playing (well, not Warlock anyway) on Sunday, so I guess no action this week?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 14, 2014, 08:11:45 AM
Sunday?  :D
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 14, 2014, 08:14:02 AM
A question I was going to ask...  :)

I think my headphones are working now, too. Only Sunday will tell for sure.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 14, 2014, 08:56:22 AM
Not sure if I can make it as we have visitors for Sunday lunch - I will try and get on for a short while, but, there again, I don't want you guys to get out of bed early only to find that I'm not on. Much will depend on what time our visitors turn up.

Sorry  :'(
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 14, 2014, 09:26:40 AM
No worries mate. I'm up anyway. I think the only one who'll be put out is B_C...  ;D
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 14, 2014, 10:30:17 AM
Hey now, I don't put out without copious amounts of drink and sweet-talking. My wife can corroborate this.

In any case I'm in the mood for a game of Warlock, so if anyone here is interested in doing a smaller version for the porpoises of simple enjoyment and getting to kick my ass in-game, please feel free to indicate interest.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: KyzBP on November 14, 2014, 10:58:25 AM
I've been lurking in this thread for awhile, tempted in joining you guys on a Sunday morning.  Is it open to anyone or is there a game already in progress?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 14, 2014, 10:59:44 AM
There's four of us in one game, ostensibly writing an AAR article eventually on our exploits.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: KyzBP on November 14, 2014, 11:12:00 AM
If you guys ever start another one count me in.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on November 14, 2014, 11:13:40 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on November 14, 2014, 10:58:25 AM
I've been lurking in this thread for awhile, tempted in joining you guys on a Sunday morning.  Is it open to anyone or is there a game already in progress?

KyzBP... if you want to do one at night.. I'm sure MD would be up for it and I could be possibly..  O0
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on November 14, 2014, 11:14:37 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on November 14, 2014, 11:12:00 AM
If you guys ever start another one count me in.

What time zone are you in?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Shelldrake on November 14, 2014, 11:32:51 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on November 14, 2014, 11:12:00 AM
If you guys ever start another one count me in.

I am also interested - located in Atlantic time zone ( 1 hour in advance of ET)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on November 14, 2014, 11:43:56 AM
MD is Central, I'm EST
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on November 14, 2014, 01:06:23 PM
Quote from: Tuna on November 14, 2014, 11:13:40 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on November 14, 2014, 10:58:25 AM
I've been lurking in this thread for awhile, tempted in joining you guys on a Sunday morning.  Is it open to anyone or is there a game already in progress?

KyzBP... if you want to do one at night.. I'm sure MD would be up for it and I could be possibly..  O0

What's your Steam ID KyzBP?.. Mine's Tuna
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: KyzBP on November 14, 2014, 02:53:48 PM
Tuna- Mine is Kyzmo44.  I'll be adding you.  And it really is my kids playing Crayon Physics and Goat Simulator.  ;)

I'm in the EST as well but evenings and nights don't work very well for me. 
Sundays are perfect because my family already assumes I'll be wrapped up in football all day so they leave me alone.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on November 14, 2014, 03:24:02 PM
lol.. first word of advise.. get your kids their own ID's so you won't be stuck with their crap all in your library!

Football cannot be interrupted! Maybe I need an HDTV in the man-cave (err Cellar)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 14, 2014, 09:32:09 PM
Unless something else comes up, I will be up Sunday morning with the game loaded.


I am always up for a game of Warlock, so, hit me up if you see me on Steam.  My ID is stophro
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 16, 2014, 07:38:28 AM
Game is live in 20 minutes.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 16, 2014, 07:55:25 AM
I'm here.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 16, 2014, 07:58:42 AM
I'm there.

Don't see Bob around though......
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 16, 2014, 08:24:22 AM
This one's on you, bob.  Guess we'll have to try again next Sunday.  If that's all right with His Highness...
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 16, 2014, 03:21:32 PM
...GOD I'm such an ass in the morning!  Wasn't being ugly, bob.  It came out in a much different tone in my head.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 16, 2014, 04:52:32 PM
If it's any consolation, I read it in the humor vein you intended. I'm sure bawb will too.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Bison on November 16, 2014, 05:14:36 PM
I read it as MD being an ass.  Bob should thump him with a frying pan and they you all gang up and put him out of the game early.  It'd be the only just thing to do.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 16, 2014, 05:51:40 PM
Well, of course, in-game. Because MD would do the same to any one of us. :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 16, 2014, 06:05:05 PM
Quote from: Bison on November 16, 2014, 05:14:36 PM
I read it as MD being an ass.  Bob should thump him with a frying pan and they you all gang up and put him out of the game early.  It'd be the only just thing to do.

Anyone not willing to face, The Wrath, in game, shouldn't be suggesting punishments.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Bison on November 16, 2014, 06:38:36 PM
I'm obligated to encourage your opponents to give you a challenging game.  :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 16, 2014, 10:56:52 PM
Quote from: Bison on November 16, 2014, 06:38:36 PM
I'm obligated to encourage your opponents to give you a challenging game.  :)

Whatever they are paying, I pay more.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Martok on November 17, 2014, 05:10:28 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 16, 2014, 10:56:52 PM
Quote from: Bison on November 16, 2014, 06:38:36 PM
I'm obligated to encourage your opponents to give you a challenging game.  :)

Whatever they are paying, I pay more.
<chuckle>

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 17, 2014, 06:34:03 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 16, 2014, 10:56:52 PM
Quote from: Bison on November 16, 2014, 06:38:36 PM
I'm obligated to encourage your opponents to give you a challenging game.  :)

Whatever they are paying, I pay more.

Still not enough.....  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 17, 2014, 07:46:22 AM
Have you guys started writing up your sides of the game thus far?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 17, 2014, 08:00:17 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 17, 2014, 07:46:22 AM
Have you guys started writing up your sides of the game thus far?

Err... umm.... no...  :-[
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 17, 2014, 08:04:02 AM
Me either. I did wonder if we were going to follow through with that or not, ha.  :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bayonetbrant on November 17, 2014, 09:37:31 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 16, 2014, 06:05:05 PMAnyone not willing to face, The Wrath, in game, shouldn't be suggesting punishments.

ladies, and gentlemen, the Walken comma, in action
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 17, 2014, 09:54:36 AM
(https://33.media.tumblr.com/3d6e4db7546810187d1457b69ae7fc56/tumblr_mfczcu6uA31qedb29o1_500.gif)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 17, 2014, 04:46:47 PM
To be fair, I did say that I doubted I would be on as we had visitors for Sunday lunch. And, just to pee you all off even more, I'll not be on next week as we are going away for a few days.

Very sorry about this, lads. If you want to kick me and get someone who is in your time zone, then please do so.

:(
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 17, 2014, 06:32:02 PM
Yes you did indeed say as much, Bob.

It's all good - we shall get it done sooner or later. :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 17, 2014, 08:40:31 PM
Don't sweat it, bob.  It's not like you all are teamed up against me and I am just waiting for the death blow....FOR A MONTH!!!!!  Not your problem :P
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 18, 2014, 06:43:57 AM
LOL  ;D
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 18, 2014, 07:19:42 AM
I'm not teaming up against ANYONE. I'm pretty much at the mercy of Barth right now and exist only because he allows it. So yeah I'm gonna fight back when you try to take the ONE frikkin' neutral city I have a shot at.  :D
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 18, 2014, 08:13:12 AM
No, no, no B_C. You are my most worthy roadblock.... err.... ally.... yeah that's it, ally.  ^-^
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 18, 2014, 08:58:38 AM
...yyyeah. :)

I have no illusions over this game. In fact I kind of want to die just to get it over with since my starting position SUCKS.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 28, 2014, 01:26:00 PM
Are we playing this on Sunday or what?  ???   :D
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 28, 2014, 01:51:24 PM
Should be OK for me.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 28, 2014, 11:06:06 PM
Sounds good to me
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 30, 2014, 07:47:45 AM
I'm up and here. Anyone?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 30, 2014, 07:48:23 AM
Nm.  Just PM'd you to make sure you were in.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 30, 2014, 07:59:08 AM
OK, I'mma start up Warlock now and wait for y'all.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 30, 2014, 10:02:25 AM
That went much better than I expected.  It still looks grim, but not as bad, yet, as I had forseen.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 30, 2014, 10:09:47 AM
No, f&ck this game in its coal black arsehole.  :D

Can we start over? LOL

Actually as much as I like this game, this is pretty fun because I usually beat the AI into the ground. Humans are obviously much more challenging, but the AI is finding ways to kick you when you're down too. I have zero chance of winning, sort of like the Texans or Vikings going to the Super Bowl this year. I guess miracles can still happen, but dammit I'm going to try to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 30, 2014, 10:33:38 AM
I, for one, stuck as I am on my desert island hell-hole, welcome our new blue masters...............
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bayonetbrant on November 30, 2014, 11:09:27 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 30, 2014, 10:09:47 AMI have zero chance of winning

just b/c you can't win doesn't mean you can't influence who does win
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 30, 2014, 11:12:07 AM
I'm finding that out :P
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on November 30, 2014, 12:40:42 PM
Quote from: bob48 on November 30, 2014, 10:33:38 AM
I, for one, stuck as I am on my desert island hell-hole, welcome our new blue masters...............

Hey! Start worshiping my Red Devils soon you green limey you......
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 30, 2014, 12:58:24 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 30, 2014, 11:09:27 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 30, 2014, 10:09:47 AMI have zero chance of winning

just b/c you can't win doesn't mean you can't influence who does win

Yes, true. This much is certainly clear.  >:D
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on November 30, 2014, 01:03:40 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 30, 2014, 12:40:42 PM
Quote from: bob48 on November 30, 2014, 10:33:38 AM
I, for one, stuck as I am on my desert island hell-hole, welcome our new blue masters...............

Hey! Start worshiping my Red Devils soon you green limey you......

All hail, oh red mustachioed one.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 05, 2014, 07:30:46 AM
Sorry guys, but I won't be making the multiplayer game Sunday.

I have a company Christmas party at a hotel in town and the wife and I decided to go ahead and get a room so we don't have to have the long drive home late at night. Company discounts are nice sometimes. Anyway, since we're staying over we probably won't be leaving the hotel until late morning so yeah, not going to make it unfortunately. :(

Sorry about that.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on December 05, 2014, 07:57:29 AM
No worries B_C. I might be unavailable from Dec. 13 to Jan. 18.... so there's that....  :P
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on December 05, 2014, 08:07:06 AM
Bring a laptop!!!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on December 05, 2014, 08:13:41 AM
Quote from: Tuna on December 05, 2014, 08:07:06 AM
Bring a laptop!!!

... I will.... but not sure how good the interwebs will be.....
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on December 05, 2014, 11:23:13 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 05, 2014, 07:30:46 AM
Sorry guys, but I won't be making the multiplayer game Sunday.

I have a company Christmas party at a hotel in town and the wife and I decided to go ahead and get a room so we don't have to have the long drive home late at night. Company discounts are nice sometimes. Anyway, since we're staying over we probably won't be leaving the hotel until late morning so yeah, not going to make it unfortunately. :(

Sorry about that.

Enjoy the party, B_C.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on December 06, 2014, 04:53:05 PM
You people are harshing my mellow.  Go take care of your real life stuff.  I'll be here when the IMPORTANT stuff is returned to :P
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 02, 2015, 07:42:23 PM
SO!  Everybody got their holiday stuff out of the way?  All your obligations and vacations?  We ready to put this back on?  Sunday morning at 7?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on January 02, 2015, 07:46:31 PM
.....ummmm.... I'm still on a beach in the Caribbean.... won't be back for a couple of Sunday's yet....  8)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 02, 2015, 07:51:43 PM
and clearly there's no access for you in Caribbean, eh?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 02, 2015, 08:06:59 PM
I'm going to have to get Barthheart to adopt me.  That's some sweet vacation time!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Barthheart on January 02, 2015, 08:34:15 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 02, 2015, 08:06:59 PM
I'm going to have to get Barthheart to adopt me.  That's some sweet vacation time!

;) Free week off between Christmas and New Years doesn't hurt.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 02, 2015, 10:06:53 PM
I'm really bad at science though.  I could volunteer for an experiment, but, that's about all I would be useful for in the end.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 16, 2015, 12:02:51 AM
Anyone seen bob?  And if we find him, are we on for Sunday?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on January 17, 2015, 03:11:20 PM
I'm here. been off for the last few days for a variety of reasons, including PC issues. Hopefully, I'll be on for our game, unless Win7 decides otherwise.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 17, 2015, 03:13:10 PM
EXCELLENT!  Now we just need B_C to sound off, as Barthheart already stated in the Friday thread he would try to join us!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 17, 2015, 05:25:50 PM
I'll do my best. I'll set my alarm.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 17, 2015, 11:05:14 PM
Actually guys, sorry, but I'm not going to be able to make it at 0700. I'm going to the gym first thing in the morning. I wish we could do this a bit later...?
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 17, 2015, 11:47:34 PM
I claim the win by default.  The only one not to proffer an excuse in the five months we have been trying to do this.  YAY ME!!  TOP O THE WORLD MA!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Bison on January 18, 2015, 12:37:32 AM
Great his head is swollen even more now.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 18, 2015, 08:00:03 AM
 ;)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 18, 2015, 05:21:39 PM
So, now that I have won by default, I am looking to replace the 7am to 9am Sunday morning slot for me.  Age of Wonders 3 has been taking up a lot of my time, and a dedicated, once a week game would be a good thing.  If you are interested, see the "Age of Wonders III MP Party," http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=12245.new#new  thread.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on January 18, 2015, 05:23:28 PM
Look what I've done by gifting AOW3 to you...I have shifted the sands of time and space :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 18, 2015, 05:24:49 PM
I'm not abandoning Warlock.  If everyone wants it to be Warlock instead, I'm good with that.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Gusington on January 18, 2015, 05:26:30 PM
You have invested much time in AoWIII. My work is done here.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 19, 2015, 09:25:37 AM
I don't have AoW III but am still open to playing Warlock. I'm willing to give up the current game since my starting location sucked sweaty donkey balls and I have zero doubt I would be the first one to go down as my existence is ONLY thanks to Barth's good graces...though I know that is only as long as it is convenient for him, lol. :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on January 19, 2015, 10:18:02 AM
I have to admit I'm not enjoying AoW III solo play all that much, although MP is fun. For solo, I'll most likely stick with Warlock 2.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: Tuna on January 19, 2015, 01:57:56 PM
Quote from: bob48 on January 19, 2015, 10:18:02 AM
I have to admit I'm not enjoying AoW III solo play all that much, although MP is fun. For solo, I'll most likely stick with Warlock 2.

I grabbed that during this weekend's sale... I may be open to that.. you need to move to the US, so we'll be on the same Time Zone!!
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on January 19, 2015, 02:13:10 PM
^ :)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 19, 2015, 06:32:14 PM
Warlock is fine.  It's the time that won't change.  Unless Mrs. bob changes dinner time.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on January 19, 2015, 06:42:15 PM
She already did that, although my stomach aint always that happy about it. ;)
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 19, 2015, 06:43:31 PM
Then eat earlier!  Or later!  It's difficult to get these layabouts up and at'em that early.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: bob48 on January 19, 2015, 07:03:35 PM
 :-[
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: MetalDog on January 19, 2015, 07:08:16 PM
Oh...don't be sad face, bob.  I'm just giving B_C a hard time.
Title: Re: Warlock Multiplayer thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on January 19, 2015, 09:15:21 PM
Sticks and stones...and poor starting locales... :'(