Hey guys,
I am attending a conference in San Antonio next week. Other than the Alamo, what other sites should I try to visit?
I wish I could help you, but the only time I was in San Antonio they were working on the streets and I couldn't even find my way to the Alamo. :(
The River Walk.
Stick the river walk. The rest of the town blows.
At least the timing should be good, in regards to the mosquito population.
Spent a summer at NAS Corpus Christi, and thos flying hypodermic needles could suck you dry in minutes.
Quote from: besilarius on November 29, 2012, 06:24:07 PM
At least the timing should be good, in regards to the mosquito population.
Spent a summer at NAS Corpus Christi, and thos flying hypodermic needles could suck you dry in minutes.
Sounds like CFB Shilo in the summer!
My brother lived there for several years. Unless you can catch a sporting event (Spurs in winter, Missions in summer) he always said hit the Alamo and the Riverwalk and otherwise stay inside with the doors locked. There's sometimes some good local music (very thriving club scene for metal bands in SA for some reason) but without a local to be a tour guide, might be best not to chance it.
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 29, 2012, 06:56:55 PM
My brother lived there for several years. Unless you can catch a sporting event (Spurs in winter, Missions in summer) he always said hit the Alamo and the Riverwalk and otherwise stay inside with the doors locked. There's sometimes some good local music (very thriving club scene for metal bands in SA for some reason) but without a local to be a tour guide, might be best not to chance it.
Since metal has never been a fav of mine it sounds like I will have lots of time in the evenings to catch up on my reading!
Nothing is like Shilo in the summer. I remember it as resembling Hell except not as cultured.
But the mosquitoes there are midgets compared to the Yukon.
JH may not like San Antonio but it is nicer than Shilo. And has more girls that ain't whores.
Tower of the Americas for the view, Texas Air museum Fw190
Riverwalk is great.
other then that drive north to Austin.
If you're driving, go visit the USS Texas.
Last surviving dreadnaught, and helped break up a number of attacks by the SS Panzer Corps outside of Caen in Normandy.
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Finally made it to SA after a long day of air travel...getting to most places from Halifax is never easy! :(
You got out of Shilo. Thats what counts.
Quote from: Longdan on December 03, 2012, 12:13:43 PM
You got out of Shilo. Thats what counts.
LOL True that, even though it was many years ago!
I have been in some bad places but Shilo in summer
is worse than most. My best buddy was a gopher
and I still do not think I am allowed in Brandon.