GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: LongBlade on November 30, 2012, 01:54:45 PM

Title: Happy Birthday Winston Churchill
Post by: LongBlade on November 30, 2012, 01:54:45 PM
Fox has a great article praising Churchill. Well worth a read.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/30/happy-birthday-winston-churchill/

Title: Re: Happy Birthday Winston Churchill
Post by: Martok on November 30, 2012, 02:09:20 PM
Happy Birthday Winston. 

Title: Re: Happy Birthday Winston Churchill
Post by: Greybriar on November 30, 2012, 07:13:40 PM
Happy 138th birthday, Winnie.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Winston Churchill
Post by: W8taminute on November 30, 2012, 08:26:10 PM
Great article.  Happy Birthday Winston.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Winston Churchill
Post by: TheCommandTent on November 30, 2012, 09:51:58 PM
Great article, thanks for posting LB.  Happy Birthday to Churchill.  Earlier this year I read Carlo D'Este's book Warlord: A life of Winston Churchill at War it was a fascinating read.  I only knew the basics about Churchill and this book really taught me alot.  One of the many things I enjoyed learning was that at a young age Churchill wargamed with miniatures on the floor of his house. :)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Winston Churchill
Post by: Staggerwing on November 30, 2012, 10:38:35 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 30, 2012, 09:51:58 PM
Great article, thanks for posting LB.  Happy Birthday to Churchill.  Earlier this year I read Carlo D'Este's book Warlord: A life of Winston Churchill at War it was a fascinating read.  I only knew the basics about Churchill and this book really taught me alot.  One of the many things I enjoyed learning was that at a young age Churchill wargamed with miniatures on the floor of his house. :)

On an added note the novelist H.G. Wells actually wrote a book on miniature wargaming, Little Wars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Wars).
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Winston Churchill
Post by: TheCommandTent on November 30, 2012, 11:16:08 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on November 30, 2012, 10:38:35 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 30, 2012, 09:51:58 PM
Great article, thanks for posting LB.  Happy Birthday to Churchill.  Earlier this year I read Carlo D'Este's book Warlord: A life of Winston Churchill at War it was a fascinating read.  I only knew the basics about Churchill and this book really taught me alot.  One of the many things I enjoyed learning was that at a young age Churchill wargamed with miniatures on the floor of his house. :)

On an added note the novelist H.G. Wells actually wrote a book on miniature wargaming, Little Wars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Wars).

Yeah, I've read that.  Very cool to see wargaming back in his day.