GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: LongBlade on December 05, 2012, 02:38:24 PM

Title: Exercise and Ibuprofin Don't Mix
Post by: LongBlade on December 05, 2012, 02:38:24 PM
Interesting development: people shouldn't mix ibuprofin and exercise as it can increase the change of intestinal bleeding.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/05/for-athletes-risks-from-ibuprofen-use/
Title: Re: Exercise and Ibuprofin Don't Mix
Post by: Barthheart on December 05, 2012, 02:53:47 PM
WOW! Back in my Ultimate Frisbee days most of the players ate IB like Tic Tac's... not me I just used beer.... I wonder how they're doing now.....  :-\

Title: Re: Exercise and Ibuprofin Don't Mix
Post by: LongBlade on December 05, 2012, 02:55:52 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 05, 2012, 02:53:47 PM
WOW! Back in my Ultimate Frisbee days most of the players ate IB like Tic Tac's... not me I just used beer.... I wonder how they're doing now.....  :-\

I heard it referred to as "Ranger candy" by the military. Guess not now.
Title: Re: Exercise and Ibuprofin Don't Mix
Post by: Longdan on December 07, 2012, 11:33:23 PM
Another wonder drug goes the way of acetaminophin.
Title: Re: Exercise and Ibuprofin Don't Mix
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 08, 2012, 07:11:53 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on December 05, 2012, 02:55:52 PMI heard it referred to as "Ranger candy" by the military. Guess not now.

"Ranger Candy" was always sudafed everywhere I was
Title: Re: Exercise and Ibuprofin Don't Mix
Post by: son_of_montfort on December 08, 2012, 10:42:13 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 08, 2012, 07:11:53 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on December 05, 2012, 02:55:52 PMI heard it referred to as "Ranger candy" by the military. Guess not now.

"Ranger Candy" was always sudafed everywhere I was

Is this a benign meaning or connected to abuse of pseudoephedrine?