GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: Capn Darwin on December 24, 2012, 10:44:51 AM

Title: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Capn Darwin on December 24, 2012, 10:44:51 AM
I wish everyone a safe and happy holidays filled with cheer (of your personal selection) and gaming!!

Onward to a New Year and more fun and games!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Bison on December 24, 2012, 10:48:54 AM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ftournamentoftherandom.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F12%2Fcharlie-brown-christmas-22.jpg&hash=b104fd36569bc6c15325a1c4cae08bf61b3a44fd)

Merry Christmas!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Martok on December 24, 2012, 10:51:53 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! 


Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Greybriar on December 24, 2012, 10:58:41 AM
May you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 24, 2012, 11:06:26 AM
Ho Ho Ho. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!  God bless us, everyone!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: undercovergeek on December 24, 2012, 11:18:43 AM
Merry Christmas all, big hugs to you and all your mini/Mrs/Mr Grogs

Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: bob48 on December 24, 2012, 11:22:02 AM
A very Merry Christmas to you all, and I wish for a safe and prosperous 2013 for us all.
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Atilla60 on December 24, 2012, 11:30:57 AM
Merry Christmas to you all, have a good time.
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 24, 2012, 11:35:38 AM
I just want to say "thanks" to all y'all... some days its just surfing over here that's the only thing worth getting out of bed for. Y'all have no idea how much you've kept me going lately.
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 24, 2012, 12:10:30 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 24, 2012, 11:35:38 AM
I just want to say "thanks" to all y'all... some days its just surfing over here that's the only thing worth getting out of bed for. Y'all have no idea how much you've kept me going lately.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fih2.redbubble.net%2Fimage.4646543.8361%2Fflat%2C550x550%2C075%2Cf.jpg&hash=4cd517e8a4a31655f0c43d29d86c60417016319e)
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Martok on December 24, 2012, 12:21:21 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 24, 2012, 11:35:38 AM
I just want to say "thanks" to all y'all... some days its just surfing over here that's the only thing worth getting out of bed for. Y'all have no idea how much you've kept me going lately.
I'll second that.  Thanks fellas. 


Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Airborne Rifles on December 24, 2012, 01:32:30 PM
Merry Christmas Grogs!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Gusington on December 24, 2012, 01:47:17 PM
Happy Christmas all!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: mirth on December 24, 2012, 02:50:29 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 24, 2012, 11:35:38 AM
I just want to say "thanks" to all y'all... some days its just surfing over here that's the only thing worth getting out of bed for. Y'all have no idea how much you've kept me going lately.

+1 to that. This place is a real refuge from the troubles of day-to-day life. Merry Christmas fellas!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Grimnirsson on December 24, 2012, 02:54:54 PM
Frohe Weihnachten!  :)
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: LongBlade on December 24, 2012, 02:58:43 PM
Thanks for kicking this off, cap.

Merry Christmas to all.
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 24, 2012, 03:11:52 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone.....I hope everyone has a safe holiday season!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Keunert on December 24, 2012, 03:28:18 PM
Frohe Weihnachten!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 24, 2012, 03:33:02 PM
メリークリスマス

明けましておめでとうございます!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 24, 2012, 03:56:02 PM
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on December 24, 2012, 01:32:30 PM
Merry Christmas Grogs!

Holy crap! A Rifles sighting!  Merry Christmas and keep your head down!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Arctic Blast on December 24, 2012, 04:04:38 PM
Merry Christmas, guys. When I got the invite to come over here, I decided I was going to come out of my shell a bit. And I'm really glad that I did.

And now that the sappy stuff is out of the way, time to get loaded.  ;D
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Barthheart on December 24, 2012, 04:13:57 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 24, 2012, 04:04:38 PM
....

And now that the sappy stuff is out of the way, time to get loaded.  ;D

Already on the way with our first pitcher of Christmas Margaritas done!

Have a Merry Christmas everyone and have a safe and fun evening.
8)
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: 0kult13 on December 24, 2012, 04:25:55 PM
Have a proper crimbo
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Staggerwing on December 24, 2012, 04:33:43 PM
A Mighty Yule to the Lot o' Ye!

I'll have to +100 all the sappy sentiments already expressed. Since becoming full time caretaker of my two sons my social life has pretty much hit the wall with not a single night off in two years. Like it or not, you guys are pretty much my only source of non-work, non family socializing. I know it's quite a burden to bear on your collective shoulders but I'm certain you're all up to it...  :D
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on December 24, 2012, 04:44:34 PM
Merry Christmas!

(https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/380742_312431052191010_1609924205_n.jpg)
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: steve58 on December 24, 2012, 05:12:08 PM
...ahhh hem...well after that picture :o, alls I can say is Merry  Christmas everyone!

(...I wonder if she was a bad girl this year?  She probably needs to be spanked...bad girl! ...Barkeep!  Another round of grog all around ;))
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: TheCommandTent on December 24, 2012, 05:29:46 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 24, 2012, 04:04:38 PM
Merry Christmas, guys. When I got the invite to come over here, I decided I was going to come out of my shell a bit. And I'm really glad that I did.


Same here AB.  This is a great place to come everyday!


Merry Christmas to everyone here and may you have a blessed New Year!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: LongBlade on December 24, 2012, 05:54:54 PM
Well, I managed to snag the last jar of Cherry Pie moonshine at the store today, so I'll be passing around a bit o' cheer later this evening. Still gots to get the food cooked in an edible manner, and that requires sobriety for a few more hours (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FSmilies%2Fsanta1.gif&hash=75965ec5384157d5746ad15cece3293051ec06b7)
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: besilarius on December 24, 2012, 06:31:21 PM
It occurs to me that there is even a theme song for Groginati everywhere during the Christmas season.
If you listen to the earliest version of the Little Drummer Boy, in the background the bass are making a demand for their favorite Groghead libation.  (Must be in the Royal Navy).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT1fA59oH7Q
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: bob48 on December 24, 2012, 07:00:53 PM
^LOL - it takes a special sort of Grog mind to spot that one - now I'll be singin' it for days, or at least until I get the 'Gloiiinnnggg' treatment!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: besilarius on December 24, 2012, 07:44:02 PM
Actually, Bob, it's not mine.
My ship pulled into Portsmouth in 1975.
The Pearlie King (and his Pearlie wife and Pearlie daughter), brought some of his followers and serenaded the watch. 
The chorus made a big point of emphasizing their interpretation.
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Longdan on December 24, 2012, 09:01:42 PM
A Merry Christmas to each and every one of you guys,
especially the ones who like to call me names.
And a very special Merry Christmas to any of you
who work in the military, medical, transportation
and emergency services and regularly spend your
christmases working away from your families.
I want you to know I appreciate it.
-dan
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Bison on December 24, 2012, 10:26:29 PM
Merry Christmas Dan.  I hope you have a great day.
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Keunert on December 25, 2012, 04:10:15 AM
nice thread, my thoughts are with you Staggerwing, that's one hell of a task you have there!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 25, 2012, 08:04:15 AM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash4%2F416806_519788334709213_972643700_n.jpg&hash=0e260c3bde4be8ffe12a90646138681993c0b104)
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: MikeGER on December 25, 2012, 08:06:47 AM
Merry Christmas ! to all Grogs and the whole (War)gaming community close and far :)
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: bob48 on December 25, 2012, 08:26:52 AM
^^Nice one, Brant!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Shelldrake on December 25, 2012, 08:53:00 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all Grogs from "la belle province" (I am currrently visiting my folks in Quebec). :)
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: MetalDog on December 25, 2012, 09:04:25 AM
Merry Christmas to each and every one of you and your families as well.  I pray a safe and wonderful holiday for each of you.  And that the New Year brings each of us our hearts desire.
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: undercovergeek on December 25, 2012, 09:38:41 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 25, 2012, 09:04:25 AM
Merry Christmas to each and every one of you and your families as well.  I pray a safe and wonderful holiday for each of you.  And that the New Year brings each of us our hearts desire.

does that include my pic of ladies from the 'pokies' thread?
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: OJsDad on December 25, 2012, 10:23:16 AM
Merry Christmas all.
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 25, 2012, 01:16:16 PM
see if you can solve this one

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm9.staticflickr.com%2F8026%2F7544602946_b5033d0f89_z.jpg&hash=060cf9e633365746a6fb3c5204ee0ff9c127bb1b)
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Staggerwing on December 25, 2012, 01:21:41 PM
Ha! Good one  ;D. I suck at math so I had to google it.
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Bison on December 25, 2012, 01:24:21 PM
I cannot do it.  I'm just going to pretend I get it.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LMAO!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: bob48 on December 25, 2012, 01:27:07 PM
Quote from: besilarius on December 24, 2012, 07:44:02 PM
Actually, Bob, it's not mine.
My ship pulled into Portsmouth in 1975.
The Pearlie King (and his Pearlie wife and Pearlie daughter), brought some of his followers and serenaded the watch. 
The chorus made a big point of emphasizing their interpretation.
You must have though they were all crazy!

Hmmm - 1975 was the year I got married.
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: bob48 on December 25, 2012, 01:28:38 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 25, 2012, 01:16:16 PM
see if you can solve this one

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm9.staticflickr.com%2F8026%2F7544602946_b5033d0f89_z.jpg&hash=060cf9e633365746a6fb3c5204ee0ff9c127bb1b)

M E rr y X mass to you too!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 25, 2012, 01:39:07 PM
Quote from: bob48 on December 25, 2012, 01:27:07 PMHmmm - 1975 was the year I got married.

Hmmm - 1975 was the year I turned 3. ;)
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: bayonetbrant on December 25, 2012, 01:41:38 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-prn1%2F72024_480965218279_8308370_n.jpg&hash=d9d04eafd5600a33ab42cc9d6fa129bca3bb5158)
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Gusington on December 25, 2012, 02:22:53 PM
On January 1, 1975 I was six months old.
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: bob48 on December 25, 2012, 02:29:37 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 25, 2012, 02:22:53 PM
On January 1, 1975 I was six months old.

I was......27.

Your making me feel old.

Jeez......I AM old, but with a young and agile brain :)
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: TheCommandTent on December 25, 2012, 02:42:40 PM
1975 eh?  Nope not even a glimmer in my fathers eye.... :P
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: mirth on December 25, 2012, 02:46:15 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 25, 2012, 01:41:38 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-prn1%2F72024_480965218279_8308370_n.jpg&hash=d9d04eafd5600a33ab42cc9d6fa129bca3bb5158)

Santa's Sleigh kicks ass!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Arctic Blast on December 25, 2012, 03:12:42 PM
Quote from: bob48 on December 25, 2012, 02:29:37 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 25, 2012, 02:22:53 PM
On January 1, 1975 I was six months old.

I was......27.

Your making me feel old.

Jeez......I AM old, but with a young and agile brain :)

I was -1.  ;D
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Staggerwing on December 25, 2012, 03:32:17 PM
I was 11 and a half. That 'and a half' thing is important at that age!


And, yes, that means I turn 50 years old this summer...  >:(
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: bob48 on December 25, 2012, 04:20:29 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on December 25, 2012, 03:32:17 PM
I was 11 and a half. That 'and a half' thing is important at that age!


And, yes, that means I turn 50 years old this summer...  >:(

That means we gotta have a big party for you then!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Staggerwing on December 25, 2012, 04:21:15 PM
Woohoo!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Centurion40 on December 25, 2012, 08:03:27 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on December 24, 2012, 10:58:41 AM
May you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year!

Couldn't have said it better!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Centurion40 on December 25, 2012, 08:06:57 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 25, 2012, 01:41:38 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-prn1%2F72024_480965218279_8308370_n.jpg&hash=d9d04eafd5600a33ab42cc9d6fa129bca3bb5158)

Awesome!!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Centurion40 on December 25, 2012, 08:08:03 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on December 25, 2012, 03:32:17 PM
I was 11 and a half. That 'and a half' thing is important at that age!


And, yes, that means I turn 50 years old this summer...  >:(

Ha!  You'll beat me!  I turn 50 in November.
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Staggerwing on December 25, 2012, 08:13:39 PM
*grumble*
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: LongBlade on December 25, 2012, 08:50:51 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 25, 2012, 01:41:38 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-prn1%2F72024_480965218279_8308370_n.jpg&hash=d9d04eafd5600a33ab42cc9d6fa129bca3bb5158)

Sweet!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Martok on December 26, 2012, 06:36:08 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 25, 2012, 02:22:53 PM
On January 1, 1975 I was six months old.
It would be another 14 months before I was even conceived.  :P 


Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Longdan on December 27, 2012, 06:47:36 PM
I think I was in a place called Ubon Ratchathani in January 1975.
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 27, 2012, 07:31:28 PM
Eating somtam and remaining chaste no doubt..
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: besilarius on December 27, 2012, 08:09:38 PM
In January, 1975, the USS Farragut (DLG-6) was in Philadelphia Naval Shipyard for work on her engineering plant.
The one nice thing was that just outside the gate was a sub shop operated by the Philadelphia Societ of the Blind, all profits supported them.  They made great hoagies.
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: spelk on December 28, 2012, 01:43:35 AM
A bit late, but I've had connectivity issues. So belatedly, here's wishing all my Grogheads friends a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Wargaming New Year for 2013!

All the best folks, sincerely!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on December 28, 2012, 02:19:14 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 25, 2012, 02:22:53 PM
On January 1, 1975 I was six months old.

kids today....
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Centurion40 on December 28, 2012, 01:09:43 PM
Quote from: spelk on December 28, 2012, 01:43:35 AM
A bit late, but I've had connectivity issues. So belatedly, here's wishing all my Grogheads friends a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Wargaming New Year for 2013!

All the best folks, sincerely!

Better late than never!!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: spelk on December 28, 2012, 01:20:50 PM
Quote from: Centurion40 on December 28, 2012, 01:09:43 PM
Better late than never!!

Yeah, I've had an Internet-less Christmas, and I don't think I like it!! That will teach me to change ISP 12 days before Chrimbo!
Title: Re: A Merry Christmas to all Grogs!!!
Post by: Centurion40 on December 28, 2012, 01:24:50 PM
Ouch!  I hope that you've escaped unscathed!