GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: Longdan on January 07, 2013, 12:58:11 PM

Title: Asteroids!
Post by: Longdan on January 07, 2013, 12:58:11 PM
Okay Star start your asteroid jokes:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/storm_watch_stories3&stormfile=NASA_considers_plan_to_capture_asteroid_07_01_2013?ref=ccbox_weather_topstories

This is kinda cool.
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 07, 2013, 01:00:44 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lamebook.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2010%2F10%2Fdumb-assteroid.png&hash=dd31d594ee2b5c582bf1172c6f344de5dca4f394)
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: mirth on January 07, 2013, 01:23:50 PM
In the event that anything goes wrong with NASA's plan to capture an asteroid, they are also constructing this spacecraft

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fauthordougmccoy.files.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F08%2Fasteroids-ship.jpg&hash=94e5437a94d0569bc6db958ead5af4850db77f97)
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 07, 2013, 01:33:44 PM
I kept waiting for them to say they were going to capture the asteroid and hold it at Gitmo...
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: mirth on January 07, 2013, 01:37:27 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 07, 2013, 01:33:44 PM
I kept waiting for them to say they were going to capture the asteroid and hold it at Gitmo...

Too much protest from Asteroid Rights Watch and Amnesty Intergalactic.
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: LongBlade on January 07, 2013, 03:18:03 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 07, 2013, 01:37:27 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 07, 2013, 01:33:44 PM
I kept waiting for them to say they were going to capture the asteroid and hold it at Gitmo...

Too much protest from Asteroid Rights Watch and Amnesty Intergalactic.

^^

And that folks, right there, is the cherry on top of the icing. I cannot best it.
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: TheCommandTent on January 07, 2013, 07:28:23 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on January 07, 2013, 03:18:03 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 07, 2013, 01:37:27 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 07, 2013, 01:33:44 PM
I kept waiting for them to say they were going to capture the asteroid and hold it at Gitmo...

Too much protest from Asteroid Rights Watch and Amnesty Intergalactic.

^^

And that folks, right there, is the cherry on top of the icing. I cannot best it.

+1   You guys should give out some kind of award or something for post like that :)
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: mirth on January 07, 2013, 08:17:36 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on January 07, 2013, 07:28:23 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on January 07, 2013, 03:18:03 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 07, 2013, 01:37:27 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 07, 2013, 01:33:44 PM
I kept waiting for them to say they were going to capture the asteroid and hold it at Gitmo...

Too much protest from Asteroid Rights Watch and Amnesty Intergalactic.

^^

And that folks, right there, is the cherry on top of the icing. I cannot best it.

+1   You guys should give out some kind of award or something for post like that :)

I'd like to thank my parents...
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: Longdan on January 07, 2013, 08:27:04 PM
All the "little people"....
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: mirth on January 07, 2013, 08:30:49 PM
Nah, screw the little people.
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: TheCommandTent on January 07, 2013, 08:33:47 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 07, 2013, 08:30:49 PM
Nah, screw the little people.

It is not very nice to talk about Gus like that.  ;D
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: Kushan on January 07, 2013, 08:34:07 PM
Not a bad idea. You get enough of them in orbit and we can start mining them for resources.
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: Longdan on January 07, 2013, 08:35:18 PM
No.  We will use them to rain death on wrong thinking people.
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: W8taminute on January 09, 2013, 11:27:49 AM
Don't forget to thank the girls in the balcony.   ;)


Anyway, yeah can we have some kind of award or achievement for witty retorts or posts?
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: LongBlade on January 09, 2013, 11:31:11 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on January 09, 2013, 11:27:49 AM
Anyway, yeah can we have some kind of award or achievement for witty retorts or posts?

I always thought that was the function of quoting someone in your sig.
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: W8taminute on January 09, 2013, 11:38:23 AM
^Good point.  How about a running tally for amount of times a post or portion thereof has been sig quoted?   :D
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: LongBlade on January 09, 2013, 12:00:27 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on January 09, 2013, 11:38:23 AM
^Good point.  How about a running tally for amount of times a post or portion thereof has been sig quoted?   :D

It's right about here I'm going to turn around and deputize you to do so. Good luck, deputy ;)
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: bayonetbrant on January 09, 2013, 01:00:17 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on January 09, 2013, 11:31:11 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on January 09, 2013, 11:27:49 AM
Anyway, yeah can we have some kind of award or achievement for witty retorts or posts?

I always thought that was the function of quoting someone in your sig.

so we have Toonces to thank for GrogHeads' grade inflation, huh?
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: Centurion40 on January 10, 2013, 09:17:18 AM
Quote from: mirth on January 07, 2013, 01:23:50 PM
In the event that anything goes wrong with NASA's plan to capture an asteroid, they are also constructing this spacecraft

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fauthordougmccoy.files.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F08%2Fasteroids-ship.jpg&hash=94e5437a94d0569bc6db958ead5af4850db77f97)

Took a couple of days... but I just got that.

Another good one mirthie!
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: Staggerwing on January 10, 2013, 07:21:25 PM
I must be over-tired because I still don't get it...  :(
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: LongBlade on January 10, 2013, 07:32:46 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on January 10, 2013, 07:21:25 PM
I must be over-tired because I still don't get it...  :(

Me neither.
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: mirth on January 10, 2013, 07:44:22 PM
The first pic is very zoomed in

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.math.cornell.edu%2F%7Emec%2FWinter2009%2FVictor%2Fasteroids.jpg&hash=684810f127f7f02a909da05c971a8b6dddd5d420)
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: LongBlade on January 10, 2013, 07:45:37 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 10, 2013, 07:44:22 PM
The first pic is very zoomed in

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.math.cornell.edu%2F%7Emec%2FWinter2009%2FVictor%2Fasteroids.jpg&hash=684810f127f7f02a909da05c971a8b6dddd5d420)

Ah. Got it. Cool reference. Sorry it's been so long since I played that game :)
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: TheCommandTent on January 10, 2013, 08:21:15 PM
Well played Mirth even though most of us didn't get it until you explained it ;)
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: mirth on January 10, 2013, 08:32:06 PM
I really wasn't trying to be that obtuse  ;D
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: Longdan on January 10, 2013, 08:44:04 PM
You gotta tailor your material to your audience.
That little spaceship is burnt into my brain from
millions of drunken hours blasting those rocks.
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: LongBlade on January 10, 2013, 09:01:45 PM
Quote from: Longdan on January 10, 2013, 08:44:04 PM
You gotta tailor your material to your audience.
That little spaceship is burnt into my brain from
millions of drunken hours blasting those rocks.

Good news. It's now free. (Beer not included): http://www.play.vg/games/4-Asteroids.html
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: Staggerwing on January 10, 2013, 10:14:19 PM
That page is so bookmarked now! As for beer- it's only free when it's in someone else's fridge.
Title: Re: Asteroids!
Post by: Longdan on January 10, 2013, 11:29:08 PM
And if you steal it.