http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/russian-military-ordered-to-switch-to-socks/
One more sign that the Russian Bear is getting ready to rumble with the west. I wonder why our intel people didn't raise the defcon warnings due to this change :D
Con
They're breaking with 500 years of military tradition?
What's next? No more rum, sodomy, and the lash for its navy?
I think that's the British Naval Traditional...along with a healthy dose of cannibalism
Con
Quote from: Con on January 15, 2013, 10:08:30 AM
http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/russian-military-ordered-to-switch-to-socks/
One more sign that the Russian Bear is getting ready to rumble with the west. I wonder why our intel people didn't raise the defcon warnings due to this change :D
Con
They have a long history of getting caught by surprise. Even by socks.
A guy once told me the good thing about
portyanki is that you can almost always adjust them to get the
driest part next to your skin unlike socks and they dry easily.
Quote from: LongBlade on January 15, 2013, 11:22:49 AM
They're breaking with 500 years of military tradition?
What's next? No more rum, sodomy, and the lash for its navy?
I thought their naval tradition was the great song "Comrade, Bold Comrade! Who Forgot To Put The Lid On The Reactor?"
or
Товарищ, Bold товарищ! Кто забыл поставить крышку на реакторе?
^snort LOL ;D
dammit dan. it hurts to laugh right now after aggravating my bruised ribs last night
no more funny stuff - anyofyouse!
maybe I just need to sign out for the day :-\
+1 and my first coffee spew of the day.
Quote from: LongBlade on January 15, 2013, 11:22:49 AM
They're breaking with 500 years of military tradition?
What's next? No more rum, sodomy, and the lash for its navy?
I wasnt aware that they currently have a navy.
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 15, 2013, 07:23:20 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on January 15, 2013, 11:22:49 AM
They're breaking with 500 years of military tradition?
What's next? No more rum, sodomy, and the lash for its navy?
I wasnt aware that they currently have a navy.
Check the Baltic sea floor.
They have a navy which Washington has been paying them to dismantle for a long
time. Every longshoreman's house in Vladivostok has its own nuclear pile.