http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/13/world/americas/cuba-travel-restrictions/index.html?hpt=hp_bn2
Quote
Havana, Cuba (CNN) -- Mileidy Ramayo hasn't seen her father since he left Cuba on a raft but is hoping the loosening of travel restrictions might help bring that reunion closer to taking place.
"I haven't seen my father since 1994. It would change my life to be able to see him and give him a hug," Ramayo said.
On Monday, Cubans will no longer need an exit permit and a letter of invitation from someone in another country to travel abroad.
I wonder how many will flee? I also wonder how long it will be before we'll be able to buy property in Cuba?
Saw a news report today that they had (another) outbreak of cholera. Can't imagine things are too groovy there.
Castro II must be getting really old. Hopefully some wiser heads are figuring out how to buddy up to the folks who are geographically closest to them.
They should be able to import lots of crime from Jamaica.
Cuba is concerned Venezuela will stop subsidizing their economy once Hugo Chavez expires.. If they can send excess citizens and troublemakers abroad, fewer mouths to feed at home.
They must all come to America and be free!!!!
I'm just glad I got a chance to go there before it gets Borged by the corporations.
Quote from: Longdan on January 15, 2013, 08:53:29 PM
They must all come to America and be live here for free!!!!
Fixed that for you. :)
That's your "fix" you own it now.
Yeah, I unwillingly own it. Damn communist country of mine.
Quote from: Martok on January 16, 2013, 12:42:40 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 15, 2013, 09:05:44 PM
Borged
Never heard this used as a word before, but I approve.
Been in use for a while. You'll sometimes here disgruntled gamers refer to Hasbro as "Hasborg."
It is also close to "borked".
Quote from: Longdan on January 16, 2013, 05:07:48 PM
It is also close to "borked".
I'm thinking the etymology is different.
"Borked" comes from the character assassination of Robert Bork. These days it means "to besmirch (or attempt to do so) a person's political prospects."
Borged is derived from the Borg in Star Trek. Related to "you will be assimilated." In other words corrupted by a corporate process that will depart from creative roots and focus more on making money.
I meant the letter "k" instead of "g" but, anyway you guys need some more freedom loving Cubans to come over.
Borked?
Borged?
Too complicated. Oh for the crystal clear simplicity of the Daleks, "Exterminate! Exterminate!"
Quote from: LongBlade on January 16, 2013, 05:11:39 PM
"Borked" comes from the character assassination of Robert Bork. These days it means "to besmirch (or attempt to do so) a person's political prospects."
In my experience, "borked" appears to mean "crap, broken, and/or screwed up". At least, that's clearly the meaning given the context in which I've heard the word used.
Quote from: besilarius on January 16, 2013, 07:23:18 PM
Borked?
Borged?
Too complicated. Oh for the crystal clear simplicity of the Daleks, "Exterminate! Exterminate!"
Basically, "borged" is a specific sub-type of "borked". The latter is the more general term. :P