GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Nefaro on January 23, 2013, 08:18:53 PM

Title: Path Of Exile
Post by: Nefaro on January 23, 2013, 08:18:53 PM
So.. is anyone else playing this now that it's in Open Beta as of today(and no more character wipes!)? 

http://www.pathofexile.com/

Certainly has a Diablo feel to it.  Although the Skill Gem and barter system is quite different.  :)

Yes, precious.  It's free-to-play (and supposedly has no pay to win).  Thanks to whomever reminded us that this was opening to the public, over at WG'er (Destraex?).
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Tpek on January 24, 2013, 10:03:25 AM
I've played the closed beta (after pre-ordering).

It looks interesting.
Though it's hard to say yet if it's going to have any real lasting appeal.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Huw the Poo on January 24, 2013, 04:04:44 PM
I'm definitely curious enough to give it a try.  Thanks for the heads-up, Nefypoos!
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: son_of_montfort on January 24, 2013, 08:09:02 PM
I've been contemplating jumping in. With all you guys there, I might go ahead.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Nefaro on January 24, 2013, 10:34:28 PM
I can see the facets of an interesting game, and it's certainly quite playable right now.  The monster variety is rather lacking thus far, however, so I'd say it's still wanting in the Content Department.  More content sounds to be their goal right now, even if it's only in adding further 'Acts' every month (IIRC, their stated goal).  This one also feels even more AOE-centric than many other ARPGs.

I wouldn't be surprised if they already have more playtime in it than Diablo 3, however.  It wouldn't take much to get past the whopping 12 hours of gameplay in Diablo 3's campaign.  ::)  It's also nice to actually have the item drops be appropriate for you level;  that low-balling crap (in order to get you to put stuff up on the AH I suppose) drives me nuts when I'm levelling in D3. 

I still think Torchlight 2 probably has the best experience all-around right now.  But the grim graphical style, and the skill gem-slotting/looting could be interesting in this one.  It's also nice to see an actual Skill Tree (more like a Skill Web here) for customization in PoE.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Huw the Poo on January 25, 2013, 01:37:28 AM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on January 24, 2013, 08:09:02 PM
With all you guys there, I might go ahead.

With the download speed I'm getting from their server, I'm unlikely to be playing in the first half of 2013!
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Tpek on January 25, 2013, 06:36:29 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 24, 2013, 10:34:28 PM
I can see the facets of an interesting game, and it's certainly quite playable right now.  The monster variety is rather lacking thus far, however, so I'd say it's still wanting in the Content Department.  More content sounds to be their goal right now, even if it's only in adding further 'Acts' every month (IIRC, their stated goal).  This one also feels even more AOE-centric than many other ARPGs.

I wouldn't be surprised if they already have more playtime in it than Diablo 3, however.  It wouldn't take much to get past the whopping 12 hours of gameplay in Diablo 3's campaign.  ::)  It's also nice to actually have the item drops be appropriate for you level;  that low-balling crap (in order to get you to put stuff up on the AH I suppose) drives me nuts when I'm levelling in D3. 

I still think Torchlight 2 probably has the best experience all-around right now.  But the grim graphical style, and the skill gem-slotting/looting could be interesting in this one.  It's also nice to see an actual Skill Tree (more like a Skill Web here) for customization in PoE.

Finishing the campaign once in D3 isn't what the game is about.
It's about doing it again and again and again each time in a higher difficulty setting.
IMHO I don't like it, but some people certainly do.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Nefaro on January 25, 2013, 10:24:03 AM
Quote from: Tpek on January 25, 2013, 06:36:29 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 24, 2013, 10:34:28 PM
I can see the facets of an interesting game, and it's certainly quite playable right now.  The monster variety is rather lacking thus far, however, so I'd say it's still wanting in the Content Department.  More content sounds to be their goal right now, even if it's only in adding further 'Acts' every month (IIRC, their stated goal).  This one also feels even more AOE-centric than many other ARPGs.

I wouldn't be surprised if they already have more playtime in it than Diablo 3, however.  It wouldn't take much to get past the whopping 12 hours of gameplay in Diablo 3's campaign.  ::)  It's also nice to actually have the item drops be appropriate for you level;  that low-balling crap (in order to get you to put stuff up on the AH I suppose) drives me nuts when I'm levelling in D3. 

I still think Torchlight 2 probably has the best experience all-around right now.  But the grim graphical style, and the skill gem-slotting/looting could be interesting in this one.  It's also nice to see an actual Skill Tree (more like a Skill Web here) for customization in PoE.

Finishing the campaign once in D3 isn't what the game is about.
It's about doing it again and again and again each time in a higher difficulty setting.
IMHO I don't like it, but some people certainly do.

It's a nice feature to have.. if your premium-priced game has enough content.  Unfortunately the ~12 hours it took me to play through the first time was just terribly short, and I tend to be a completionist when it comes to exploring levels.  That's just not what I consider a proper amount of content for a $60 game - nowhere near it. >:(

On a crappier note - the Path of Exile launcher has completely flipped on me.  It automatically starts (I don't have to hit the "play" button) after updating and then proceeds to almost completely freeze my computer when it hits the main login menu.  Even after shutting it down through task manager, I have to reboot because of it (and that doesn't fix it).   I guess I'll go dig around and see if others just started getting this. 
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Tpek on January 25, 2013, 12:34:31 PM
The launcher-updater indeed automatically starts the game after the update, which is kinda weird and non-standard.
As for the freezing issue, I haven't played in a while so I wouldn't know.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Nefaro on January 25, 2013, 02:39:48 PM
I fixed it by using their manual file checker exe and restarting.  Must've got some corrupted game files or something.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Huw the Poo on January 25, 2013, 04:44:46 PM
I tried it for about thirty minutes but then Windows kept complaining I was low on RAM even though I was only using 75...?  Eventually the game crashed altogether with multiple exception dialogues appearing citing low memory errors, despite me never going below 25% free RAM.

Oh well, it is beta after all.  I quite liked what I've seen so far though; it's suitably dark and creepy, the skill tree is amazing and the voice acting is great - especially the voice of the witch character and Nessa in the first town.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Nefaro on January 25, 2013, 08:08:21 PM
I saw a few people reporting such memory leaks.  I started getting some stutter after playing for an hour or two the other night, and figured it was such, although I didn't get the out of memory warning . I don't see it because I have a lot of virtual memory committed on the hard drive so I can avoid hitting the wall for a longer period, at the expense of such texture loading slow-downs, when mem leaks hit like this.  The other tell-tale sign is the long amount of time my hard drive runs after exiting the game, when it is clearing out all the hard drive space used up by such leaks.   

I didn't get the freezing menu screen problem, when loading the game, until I experienced noticeable hitching in some places after a relatively long play period, so it may also have screwed up my client in some way when left to run for a long time.  I'm sure they realize there are memory leaks by now, just hope they squash 'em in fair time.

The combat isn't all that compelling, but the character customization mixed with the skill gem thing is an interesting combo.  Not sure if I'm hooked on it, but it's.. something.

Edit:  Like Huw, I've revisited Guild Wars 2 since I was finally able to transfer to my old guild's server (3 days before the cutoff date to do so!).  So I can wait for them to smooth out these issues in their open beta.  At least there are no more character wipes in Path of Exile, so if we do jump in - we keep our progress.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Tpek on January 25, 2013, 09:04:03 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 25, 2013, 08:08:21 PM
I saw a few people reporting such memory leaks.  I started getting some stutter after playing for an hour or two the other night, and figured it was such, although I didn't get the out of memory warning . I don't see it because I have a lot of virtual memory committed on the hard drive so I can avoid hitting the wall for a longer period, at the expense of such texture loading slow-downs, when mem leaks hit like this.  The other tell-tale sign is the long amount of time my hard drive runs after exiting the game, when it is clearing out all the hard drive space used up by such leaks.   

I didn't get the freezing menu screen problem, when loading the game, until I experienced noticeable hitching in some places after a relatively long play period, so it may also have screwed up my client in some way when left to run for a long time.  I'm sure they realize there are memory leaks by now, just hope they squash 'em in fair time.

The combat isn't all that compelling, but the character customization mixed with the skill gem thing is an interesting combo.  Not sure if I'm hooked on it, but it's.. something.

Edit:  Like Huw, I've revisited Guild Wars 2 since I was finally able to transfer to my old guild's server (3 days before the cutoff date to do so!).  So I can wait for them to smooth out these issues in their open beta.  At least there are no more character wipes in Path of Exile, so if we do jump in - we keep our progress.

So I'm guessing I'm going to be alone, the only Grogheads member on my current server? :(
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Nefaro on January 25, 2013, 11:50:09 PM
Quote from: Tpek on January 25, 2013, 09:04:03 PM

So I'm guessing I'm going to be alone, the only Grogheads member on my current server? :(

Did everyone else move out, too?

I had originally planned on joining Sea of Sorrows server, due to my old guildies being there, but the damn thing filled up with Aussies & Kiwis at launch because it was (evidentally) designated an 'unofficial' Oceania server.  And I've been locked out of transferring to it since launch - until today.  Feel free to join me on Sea of Sorrows if you want, Tpek.  ;)

The news list for GW2 mentions something about a "Guesting" feature where you can still physically join groups on a different server for doing stuff coming up at the end of the months, so it may not be as big an issue.  It should've been that way from the beginning, IMO. 
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Huw the Poo on January 26, 2013, 03:31:56 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 25, 2013, 11:50:09 PM
The news list for GW2 mentions something about a "Guesting" feature where you can still physically join groups on a different server for doing stuff coming up at the end of the months, so it may not be as big an issue.  It should've been that way from the beginning, IMO. 

It was always supposed to be that way, unless I'm misremembering.  I thought that really the only difference your "home" server makes is in WvW.

Anyway, with regard to Path of Exile, during the short time I played it it was very smooth even on my ancient rig.  No slowdowns, lag, rubberbanding, texture tearing (I even had vsync on which didn't impact performance one bit).  If they can just fix the memory leaks it'll be great.  I'm actually quite excited to play it again this evening.  Perhaps I'll enable virtual memory for the time being.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Nefaro on January 26, 2013, 02:04:27 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 26, 2013, 03:31:56 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 25, 2013, 11:50:09 PM
The news list for GW2 mentions something about a "Guesting" feature where you can still physically join groups on a different server for doing stuff coming up at the end of the months, so it may not be as big an issue.  It should've been that way from the beginning, IMO. 

It was always supposed to be that way, unless I'm misremembering.  I thought that really the only difference your "home" server makes is in WvW.

Anyway, with regard to Path of Exile, during the short time I played it it was very smooth even on my ancient rig.  No slowdowns, lag, rubberbanding, texture tearing (I even had vsync on which didn't impact performance one bit).  If they can just fix the memory leaks it'll be great.  I'm actually quite excited to play it again this evening.  Perhaps I'll enable virtual memory for the time being.

Your virtual memory should already be enable, although I believe the default setting is to let Windows choose how much to use.  I've been in the habit of setting the allotted amount manually, as Windows used to add extra slowdown to games when it wouldn't commit much and then have to regularly clean out the build-up, to make room for more, resulting in hitching and slowdown when you're playing something.  It's probably not as bad as it used to be back in the Win98/XP days but I still like to have about 5 or 6GB set manually on Win7.  The rule used to be, "set it for at least double your amount of RAM in the system" in XP but these days you don't need 8 or 16GB of vmemory.  You'd be fine with 4, even.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Nefaro on January 26, 2013, 10:08:46 PM
I tried firing up POE earlier today, but it dropped me right as I left town.  Not the first time, and it's usually fine when I relog for awhile, but they still have some stability issues to iron out.  :)
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Huw the Poo on January 27, 2013, 03:22:41 AM
Since I enabled virtual RAM it's been absolutely fine for me; no client issues and no connection issues.  I haven't played for more than 30 minutes though.  It gets tough quickly, but I picked up a raise zombie spell that really helps.  I run around with a pack of three or four meatshields that stop the enemies reaching me while I stand back and pelt them with fireballs. :)
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Nefaro on January 27, 2013, 10:35:46 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 27, 2013, 03:22:41 AM
Since I enabled virtual RAM it's been absolutely fine for me; no client issues and no connection issues.  I haven't played for more than 30 minutes though.  It gets tough quickly, but I picked up a raise zombie spell that really helps.  I run around with a pack of three or four meatshields that stop the enemies reaching me while I stand back and pelt them with fireballs. :)

I just stocked up on AoE spells and spam it with my old Codger guy, because he lures them in with his geriatric girations and then BOOM!  Toaster strudel.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Yskonyn on January 28, 2013, 08:44:42 AM
Not to highjack this thread, but on topic of ARPG's has anyone tried Sacred 2 now that Steam has it?
Is it finally stable? This game is the best ARPG on paper IMO, but stability issues have always kept it from being really popular.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: son_of_montfort on January 29, 2013, 05:20:41 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on January 28, 2013, 08:44:42 AM
Not to highjack this thread, but on topic of ARPG's has anyone tried Sacred 2 now that Steam has it?
Is it finally stable? This game is the best ARPG on paper IMO, but stability issues have always kept it from being really popular.

I once tried to reload it and found it would not run on Windows XP/7. So I haven't tried it again lately.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Kushan on January 30, 2013, 03:38:26 PM
Played for a few hours last night. Performance wise it played great, no client or connection issues. It doesn't look as good as Diablo 3 IMO, but I like the overall art style. The skill gem system is different. Haven't played enough to see how varied they are, or if they are all slightly more powerful copies of each other. The passive skills seem really bland. +10% to attributes don't make for interesting choices IMO. I don't see why those could not have been rolled into attribute increases into what you get when you level. I browsed through the passive tree a little bit and it does seem like you can unlock passives/skills other then small attribute bonuses but I'm not that far in yet. Wish they would roll those small attribute bonuses into something you would get when you level.

Not sure how much Longevity it will have in the end. IF they can push out new content every month or two, I could see myself playing this more then D3. I knew what I was getting when I bought D3, but waiting 1-2 year for expansions is getting boring already. Grinding paragon levels and getting sh*t gear to vendor is getting more then a little boring. Blizzard has solved some of the gear issues in D3 with the new legendary crafted gear they have been introducing but its still not really new content, just grinding crafting materials from the old stuff.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Nefaro on January 31, 2013, 04:16:54 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on January 28, 2013, 08:44:42 AM
Not to highjack this thread, but on topic of ARPG's has anyone tried Sacred 2 now that Steam has it?
Is it finally stable? This game is the best ARPG on paper IMO, but stability issues have always kept it from being really popular.

Yes. I picked up Sacred 2 Gold once I found out they had removed the terrible DRM from the Steam version.  It has also ran just fine on my Win7 desktop (w/ an AMD video card).  I think there may still be some people having issues starting it up who have to change something, but I didn't have to do anything extra.

My main complaint about S2 is that the camera is centered on your character's feet or mid-section.  So I can never get the camera view just how I want it, even from a high-up isometric style view as you can generally shoot further than your viewing area and having the camera centered on your feet means you don't get any extra view range in front of you - just the opposite.   It's still quite manageable, but I'm just used to being able to see ahead further than behind in these games.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Gusington on August 19, 2017, 11:54:10 AM
Just launched the newly updated version of PoE. I like the way the Templar, the Ranger and the Witch look...trying to decide between them.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Nefaro on August 19, 2017, 12:36:59 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 19, 2017, 11:54:10 AM
Just launched the newly updated version of PoE. I like the way the Templar, the Ranger and the Witch look...trying to decide between them.


(https://media.tenor.com/images/753da006856949641cc6ef75634aa36d/tenor.gif)



;D
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Yskonyn on August 19, 2017, 08:56:25 PM
Funny how Groggies load the same game at the moment as I do! PoE, Warframe. :)
I also loaded up PoE to check the new expansion.
The game seems a lot more polished since I last played! Started a Gladiator.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Gusington on August 19, 2017, 09:22:03 PM
Have you played any other character types besides the gladiator?
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Fetrik on August 20, 2017, 01:06:19 AM
I am currently playing a cyclone slayer.

This pretty much the only game i've been playing since late october.
I mainly stick to meele life builds.

Find a class and skill that sounds fun then look up a guide updated for 3.0.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Yskonyn on August 20, 2017, 06:25:57 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 19, 2017, 09:22:03 PM
Have you played any other character types besides the gladiator?

I have played a Ranger and a Witch, but wayyy back.
I'd like to continue the Witch some time and make her a proper Necro.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Yskonyn on August 20, 2017, 06:30:31 AM
What are these challenge modes btw? Something for experienced players only?
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: jamus34 on August 20, 2017, 08:01:44 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on August 20, 2017, 06:25:57 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 19, 2017, 09:22:03 PM
Have you played any other character types besides the gladiator?

I have played a Ranger and a Witch, but wayyy back.
I'd like to continue the Witch some time and make her a proper Necro.

I did that once...problem is you need some mobs to make it effective. Some boss battles do not have spawning mobs and once your troops are wiped you're in trouble.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Gusington on August 20, 2017, 11:57:39 AM
I've narrowed it down between the Witch and the Templar...
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Yskonyn on August 22, 2017, 01:38:16 AM
What are you guys' main character names? I'd like to add you to my friends list.
Mine is Yskonyn
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: jamus34 on August 22, 2017, 06:23:03 AM
Probably the same but I'll double check tonight
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Gusington on August 22, 2017, 07:46:51 AM
I haven't registered one yet.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: JasonPratt on August 22, 2017, 01:39:30 PM
Ditto. I did however download and install PoE the other night.

Since I was out with Dad last night, I should have gotten Warframe updated while I was gone, come to think of it...
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Gusington on August 22, 2017, 06:55:28 PM
Think I've settled on playing as the Templar. How different does the game vary from character to character though?
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: jamus34 on August 22, 2017, 07:15:06 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 22, 2017, 06:55:28 PM
Think I've settled on playing as the Templar. How different does the game vary from character to character though?

It's more flexible than say diablo (playing a hack and slash mage doesn't work there, here you could do it).

Leveling up does involve some planning as the leveling board is HUGE. Basically, first time you game a level teleport to town and just look at it. The bigger circles are focus points and will give you special abilities or major buffs / debuffs. It's hard to specialize as both equipment and skill stones will have prereqs of the primary attribute to use or level up respectively.

I'm sure there's youtube tutorials on this. I also know Quill's done some let's play sessions with POE.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Gusington on August 22, 2017, 09:16:33 PM
^Hmm now you've got me thinking of the witch again...one that could kick some serious buttocks with some hack and slash moves as well as spells...
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: jamus34 on August 22, 2017, 09:30:22 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 22, 2017, 09:16:33 PM
^Hmm now you've got me thinking of the witch again...one that could kick some serious buttocks with some hack and slash moves as well as spells...

Not saying it would work well...just that you could do it if you veer way off the normal witch path if you wanted.

I've got probably a good 20+ hours in it and I haven't even scratched the surface on the level chart.

Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Toonces on August 22, 2017, 10:16:02 PM
Please don't ask Gus to do any of his own research...that can only lead to disappointment.

::)

:P
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Gusington on August 23, 2017, 08:02:07 AM
^Aren't you supposed to be reading Les Mis, drinking scotch and defending the reputation of the US Navy?

I am curious how PoE compared to Diablo games...I have always enjoyed Diablo to a point but after 20-25 hours I always got a bit fatigued.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: jamus34 on August 23, 2017, 08:15:26 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 23, 2017, 08:02:07 AM
^Aren't you supposed to be reading Les Mis, drinking scotch and defending the reputation of the US Navy?

I am curious how PoE compared to Diablo games...I have always enjoyed Diablo to a point but after 20-25 hours I always got a bit fatigued.

I like it although it's hard to describe why I like it. It's not as polished as D3 but it's also a different type of game. D3 is about slogging to 70, then developing item sets to improve skill choices for tasks at hand. Character building is almost nil.

PoE is all about the path you want to take on the skill tree. Note though actual skills are a function of gems. It is hard to describe but meshes pretty well. You need better equipment less for stats but more for gem spots. On top of that you are really looking for linked gem openings so you can add support gems to skill gems. All of this is combined with your leveling matrix to give you various bonuses. I'm sure people have set up min max charts but it's big enough you can explore freely and have fun doing it.


Also I noticed there are very few places you can be underleveled. If you are having difficulty it is probably more of a function of your current build.

Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Yskonyn on August 23, 2017, 08:29:31 AM
I like that PoE's art style is much more similar to Diablo 2's gritty style than Diablo 3 is. That, coupled with the absolutely HUGE character progression tree (or board as people call it) is the real draw for me.

Then the way gems are used to actually configure skill and elemental abilities of your character are an interesting way to handle a system you would take for granted in an ARPG.

The starting characters are all mere mortals and pretty much play like one. Its only when you ascend later on that you start to feel you're becoming a real super hero. I like that tremendously.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Gusington on August 23, 2017, 09:55:17 AM
Nice, sounds awesome. Definitely going to start sooner rather than later.

Take that, Toonces!
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Nefaro on August 23, 2017, 06:30:08 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on August 23, 2017, 08:29:31 AM


The starting characters are all mere mortals and pretty much play like one. Its only when you ascend later on that you start to feel you're becoming a real super hero. I like that tremendously.


Dammit.

Now I'm beginning to think I should try it again.

Thanks, Yskie!   :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Gusington on August 23, 2017, 09:53:07 PM
It's free, yo.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Yskonyn on August 24, 2017, 05:55:00 AM
No insert coin required!
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Nefaro on August 24, 2017, 08:52:10 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 23, 2017, 09:53:07 PM
It's free, yo.

On second thought, an old friend was asking what I thought about ESO. 

Forgot I picked it up awhile back & mentioned it in a conversation.  Haven't even played it yet.  :uglystupid2:

Maybe I should try that first.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: JasonPratt on August 25, 2017, 08:12:22 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on August 23, 2017, 08:15:26 AM
You need better equipment less for stats but more for gem spots. On top of that you are really looking for linked gem openings so you can add support gems to skill gems. All of this is combined with your leveling matrix to give you various bonuses.

Final Path of Fantasy Exile?  >:D
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: jamus34 on August 25, 2017, 09:27:55 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on August 25, 2017, 08:12:22 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on August 23, 2017, 08:15:26 AM
You need better equipment less for stats but more for gem spots. On top of that you are really looking for linked gem openings so you can add support gems to skill gems. All of this is combined with your leveling matrix to give you various bonuses.

Final Path of Fantasy Exile?  >:D

Now your just getting mean ;)

You might as well call Diablo 3 "Medieval Horror Dress Up Simulator 2017"

All you need is some Anime girls.
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Tpek on August 25, 2017, 10:52:41 AM
I've been meaning to try to get back into it.
One day I might actually stop procrastinating enough for me to do so :P
Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Nefaro on August 25, 2017, 03:30:09 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on August 25, 2017, 09:27:55 AM


Now your just getting mean ;)

You might as well call Diablo 3 "Medieval Horror Dress Up Simulator 2017"

All you need is some Anime girls.


I'd auto-exsanguinate if they turned the Diablo series into a Weebfest. 

Title: Re: Path Of Exile
Post by: Gusington on September 05, 2017, 08:23:01 PM
Played a little bit tonight. I like it, but my audio is nerfed - sound effects are all garbled. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, the server is down for a patch application...how often does that happen?