GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: Greybriar on February 01, 2013, 10:16:59 AM

Title: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: Greybriar on February 01, 2013, 10:16:59 AM
According to The Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/30/jim-nabors-stan-cadwallader-marry_n_2579630.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular), Jim Nabors has married Stan Cadwallader in Seattle. Nabors is 82 and Cadwallader is 64.

Is anyone else surprised that Gomer did this?
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: Centurion40 on February 01, 2013, 01:52:54 PM
No more surprised than I am that Jodie Foster wears comfortable shoes.
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: Longdan on February 01, 2013, 02:11:38 PM
Getting married to anybody at that age is kinds dumb.
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: DoctorQuest on February 01, 2013, 02:19:26 PM
I have far, far more important things to worry about.
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: Centurion40 on February 01, 2013, 02:55:28 PM
Quote from: Longdan on February 01, 2013, 02:11:38 PM
Getting married to anybody at that age is kinds dumb.

Probably not to Stan Cadwallader, as he is probably hoping for some security- as he'll probably outlive Gomer.
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: bayonetbrant on February 01, 2013, 02:57:22 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on February 01, 2013, 10:16:59 AMIs anyone else surprised that Gomer did this?

surprised at the age gap, or at the gender?

honestly, neither...
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: LongBlade on February 01, 2013, 03:30:07 PM
Quote from: DoctorQuest on February 01, 2013, 02:19:26 PM
I have far, far more important things to worry about.

I hadn't paid Mr. Nabors much thought since I watched my last episode of him 30 years ago.

If he's happy, I'm happy for him. Beyond that, I'm with Doctor Quest - got bigger fish to fry.
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: Arctic Blast on February 01, 2013, 04:15:32 PM
If he's happy, good for him. Aside from that I really don't give a damn.
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: Longdan on February 01, 2013, 04:17:56 PM
Well it certainly is something to gossip about.
I suppose it is a big thing for those who think about gay marriage a lot.
I try no to think about any kind of marriage ever.
Once the Lawyers figure out how much money there is in gay divorce...then us straight guys are in trouble.
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: airboy on February 01, 2013, 05:36:10 PM
Jim Nabors came out as gay 20 or 30 years ago.  Getting married to a guy is no surprise.  But like Dr. Quest I have a hard time getting interested in this one way or another.
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: Windigo on February 02, 2013, 12:29:49 PM
Gaw-lee...
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: GDS_Starfury on February 02, 2013, 04:36:26 PM
Im kinda surprised hes still alive.
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: mirth on February 02, 2013, 05:56:35 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 02, 2013, 04:36:26 PM
Im kinda surprised hes still alive.

Me too. I thought he was long dead.
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: besilarius on February 02, 2013, 06:33:32 PM
Considering that his version of "Sleighride" is played ad nauseum at Christmas, he will survive until eternity.
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: GDS_Starfury on February 02, 2013, 06:36:06 PM
did he marry aquaman?
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: mirth on February 02, 2013, 06:38:18 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 02, 2013, 06:36:06 PM
did he marry aquaman?

lmao!
Title: Re: Jim Nabors marries another man
Post by: W8taminute on February 02, 2013, 06:38:39 PM
Jim robbed the cradle I see.  Perv!!!   ;D