http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/04/us/chris-kyle-american-sniper-author-reported-killed.html?_r=0
Quote
A former Navy SEAL and the author of "American Sniper," Chris Kyle, was shot and killed along with another man Saturday at a Texas gun range, a county sheriff has told the Texas news media.
Quote
Mr. Kyle wrote the best-selling book, "American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History," detailing his 150-plus kills of insurgents from 1999 to 2009.
Sad news to hear.
I just read about this. Rumor has it that there is a suspect in custody.
That's terrible. Why?
That's a good question. And according to this (http://showbiztsikador.blogspot.com/2013/02/eddie-ray-routh-suspect-for-killing.html), the man suspected of killing Kyle is a 25-year-old former marine.
What a tragedy!
It seems so senseless. I wonder if there was some sort of bad blood between them...
You aren't supposed to get shot at the range. You would think that would be the safest
place you could be. At least I would. Another tragic event and I will say it first... he would
be dead if the guy killed him with a bible. I feel for his family. Sounds like the suspect
is another victim of mental or emotional illness.
It could be the guy he was trying to help was more troubled than he was able to help.
Quote"What I know is Chris and a gentleman -- great guy, I knew him well, Chad Littlefield -- took a veteran out shooting who was struggling with PTSD to try to assist him, try to help him, try to, you know, give him a helping hand and he turned the gun on both of them, killing them," Cox said.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/03/navy-seal-chris-kyle-fatally-shot-at-texas-shooting-range-report-says
That is terrible.
I just finished his book.... Really sad news. He was doing a lot of good work - especially for veterans.
It might be nice if folks took the energy and money used fighting and defending gun ownership
and put it into mental health issues.
I watched the guy on Stars Earn Stripes. Her seemed like a good and honorable man. What a tragedy.
WTF!?