GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: bayonetbrant on February 12, 2013, 07:23:33 AM

Title: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: bayonetbrant on February 12, 2013, 07:23:33 AM
The Christian Science Monitor has a quiz for you (http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-Issues/2012/0719/Quiz-How-much-do-you-know-about-terrorism/Question-1)
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: Barthheart on February 12, 2013, 09:03:16 AM
Seems I'm a little behind on my terrorist watching..... 10/25.
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: pawelj on February 12, 2013, 09:09:47 AM
20 correct out of 25. I think I now my terrorist shit.
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: bayonetbrant on February 12, 2013, 09:16:01 AM
19/25

3 I just flat didn't know
2 I narrowed down to 2 options and just picked the wrong one
1 I misread and so picked the wrong answer
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: LongBlade on February 12, 2013, 09:19:04 AM
Being a news junkie and a few lucky guesses scored me an 18.

And, man, am I glad of that. I was afraid I'd dropped off DHS's radar and was being classified as a velociraptor instead of a boogie man. Now I'm sure I'm back on the right list!
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 12, 2013, 09:43:17 AM
22 of 25.  I got the very first one wrong, but in my gut, I knew it was the Jews.  I just couldn't believe that the CSM would go so low as to blame Jews for being the world's first terrorists.
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: undercovergeek on February 12, 2013, 09:58:42 AM
12
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: Longdan on February 12, 2013, 10:55:57 AM
17.  About #1. It just asked who those guys were and they were Judeans.
I thought their point was that the practice is old in that part of the world.
They did not mention the Stern Gang or the King David Hotel.
What it taught me was that I tend to lump all these guys as some kind of generic
terror moslems and that I do not know the difference between the terror groups they spawned.
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 12, 2013, 11:35:02 AM
Quote from: Longdan on February 12, 2013, 10:55:57 AM
17.  About #1. It just asked who those guys were and they were Judeans.
I thought their point was that the practice is old in that part of the world.
They did not mention the Stern Gang or the King David Hotel.
What it taught me was that I tend to lump all these guys as some kind of generic
terror moslems and that I do not know the difference between the terror groups they spawned.

Wrong...it does not just "ask who those guys were..." It editorializes by characterizing the group as, "one of the very first terrorist groups in history..."
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: Longdan on February 12, 2013, 12:48:00 PM
Would it be better if they said one of the very second?
People have been at this for a long time.  I guess they could have asked when the first
terrorist incident in Ireland occurred and pointed the question so it was a Protestant or
a Catholic group but I am an Irish Catholic by descent and have learned it doesn't matter
who started that mess some hundreds of years ago.
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: Windigo on February 12, 2013, 12:57:28 PM
3 out of 25* .... wow... gonna go out and hug a tree  .... and give it a name... maybe Jasper






*maybe I did and maybe I didn't
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: Longdan on February 12, 2013, 01:00:10 PM
Ali.
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: LongBlade on February 12, 2013, 01:02:19 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 12, 2013, 11:35:02 AM
Quote from: Longdan on February 12, 2013, 10:55:57 AM
17.  About #1. It just asked who those guys were and they were Judeans.
I thought their point was that the practice is old in that part of the world.
They did not mention the Stern Gang or the King David Hotel.
What it taught me was that I tend to lump all these guys as some kind of generic
terror moslems and that I do not know the difference between the terror groups they spawned.

Wrong...it does not just "ask who those guys were..." It editorializes by characterizing the group as, "one of the very first terrorist groups in history..."

I agree w/ you JH. Perhaps they could have characterized it as "the first recorded" or some kind of qualifying statement.
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 12, 2013, 01:10:25 PM
19/25

Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: Arctic Blast on February 12, 2013, 02:13:51 PM
That web site blows. "Hey, let's add every plugin and media gadget to our site in existence! Yes, we'll shrink the content down to taking up maybe a third of the screen!" It's like web design by ADD.

Oh, and I scored a 15.
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: steve58 on February 12, 2013, 02:39:21 PM
13/25 -- too many names with too many syllables from too long ago...
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: bob48 on February 12, 2013, 02:58:50 PM
12 (48%)
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: Longdan on February 12, 2013, 03:32:47 PM
Discussion of the issue reveals many things.  Terrorists are criminals of a very special type.
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: Atilla60 on February 12, 2013, 06:31:18 PM
15/25
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: Windigo on February 12, 2013, 10:35:45 PM
I am certain that the label was used by many
Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: Martok on February 13, 2013, 08:39:53 AM
17 out of 25 here. 

I had a couple lucky guesses, a few wrong ones where I didn't read the question carefully enough and/or answered too quickly, and I split on several questions where I knew the answer was 1 of 2 but couldn't remember for sure which. 

I didn't have a clue for about half a dozen of them. 

Title: Re: How Much Do You Know About Terrorism?
Post by: Longdan on February 13, 2013, 12:23:04 PM
I think that is why they threw in that Judean thing and threw a bone to the Basques.  As a lame attempt at fairness because
so much of the rest was all about Islamo/Allah/Moslem thingies.  Terrorists are crime gangs.