GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: MIGMaster on March 07, 2013, 07:50:06 AM

Title: RIP Stompin' Tom
Post by: MIGMaster on March 07, 2013, 07:50:06 AM
Hard to believe - I guess I just assumed he and Tommy Hunter would live forever !   :'(
http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2013/03/06/stompin-tom-obit.html
Title: Re: RIP Stompin' Tom
Post by: Centurion40 on March 07, 2013, 07:53:51 AM
Heard it on Q104 this morning.  A sad day for Maritimers.  Should be a provincial day of mourning in Anne-of-Green-Gablesland.
Title: Re: RIP Stompin' Tom
Post by: Barthheart on March 07, 2013, 07:57:32 AM
Passing of a true Canadian Icon.  :'(









Title: Re: RIP Stompin' Tom
Post by: Barthheart on March 07, 2013, 09:18:06 AM
QuoteHis family posted this final message he had to his fans:
"Hello friends, I want all my fans, past, present, or future, to know that without you, there would have not been any Stompin' Tom.

It was a long hard bumpy road, but this great country kept me inspired with its beauty, character, and spirit, driving me to keep marching on and devoted to sing about its people and places that make Canada the greatest country in the world.

I must now pass the torch, to all of you, to help keep the Maple Leaf flying high, and be the Patriot Canada needs now and in the future.

I humbly thank you all, one last time, for allowing me in your homes, I hope I continue to bring a little bit of cheer into your lives from the work I have done."
Title: Re: RIP Stompin' Tom
Post by: MIGMaster on March 07, 2013, 09:54:09 AM
My favourite lyrics - from Bud the Spud

"And the cops have been looking for the son of a gun that's been ripping the tar off the 401"