http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/12/tech/gaming-gadgets/ouya-julie-uhrman-sxsw/index.html?hpt=hp_bn5
Kinda cool!
Regardless of how it turns out, kudos to Ms. Uhrman for trying to break the mold and free the industry from stagnation.
Exactly - these are the kinda developments that will bring gaming to the masses....
Quote from: MIGMaster on March 19, 2013, 12:20:42 PMExactly - these are the kinda developments that will bring gaming to the masses....
isn't gaming pretty much already out to the masses at this point ???
I'll be curious to see how existing Android games that require a touchscreen will work with this device. There's a lot of ways you *can* do it - I'm interested to see how they'll implement the UI
Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 19, 2013, 12:21:37 PM
Quote from: MIGMaster on March 19, 2013, 12:20:42 PMExactly - these are the kinda developments that will bring gaming to the masses....
isn't gaming pretty much already out to the masses at this point ???
I guess I was thinking of the console crowd - a lotta kids (or adults for that matter) don't have the money to spend on an XBOX 360 or PS3 and then pay $59.00 per game.
According to TechCrunch Ouya will be available June 4 in Canada and US so we just need a brave Grog to volunteer to try one out.
http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/28/the-99-ouya-console-will-make-its-retail-debut-in-the-us-uk-and-canada-on-june-4/ (http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/28/the-99-ouya-console-will-make-its-retail-debut-in-the-us-uk-and-canada-on-june-4/)
Based on the video I watched it looks like control will be via a gamepad.
More info in this hands on review from TechRadar. Looks really slick but little info on games that will be available at launch. Big question for me is whether the android dosbox app will run on the Ouya.
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/gaming/games-consoles/ouya-review-1141503/review#articleContent (http://www.techradar.com/reviews/gaming/games-consoles/ouya-review-1141503/review#articleContent)
Unboxing and software videos here. It will be possible to sideload apks so that is a big plus!
http://phandroid.com/2013/03/29/hands-on-ouya-unboxing-and-software-review-video/ (http://phandroid.com/2013/03/29/hands-on-ouya-unboxing-and-software-review-video/)