I'm in the mood for a truly open sandbox MMORPG, and there aren't many available. Currently I'm looking at Wurm Online and A Tale in the Desert. The former looks like a more detailed Minecraft which must be good, surely? And the latter has a setting I absolutely love...ancient Egypt. I should add that I'm not particularly looking for combat...just a game in which I can spend some pleasant time building and chatting and...doing stuff!
Any thoughts gratefully received.
I've played both, but it was a good while back in both cases. Wurm Online was painfully ... slow. Everything you wanted to do took a long time, sometimes in the tens of minutes range. On the other hand, all your tools degraded incredibly fast, as if they were made of plaster. It might take a couple hours to get the stuff to make a hammer, and five minutes use to destroy it, or so it felt when I was playing. My friends that tried it ended up calling it "Amish Online". However, some of my old UO clan played there for quite some time, and built up some decent structures. The fact that you could terraform was terribly appealing but the rest of the game killed it for me.
ATITD was a lot of fun for a time. The map is huge, and there was so much to go see and learn and do, the player made scupltures alone were worth playing just to see. I even made a mine cart soccer stadium at one point, where you pushed a mine cart back and forth as the ball. The crafting was often brilliant, the blacksmithy process was the best I've seen in a game and I've done a fair bit of actual hammer work. It wasn't a 1:1 correlation of the actual process but it was close enough, and quite challenging. You were presented with a block of "metal" and a pattern of whatever item you were trying to make. You then used a "hammer" to push bits of the metal block around rather like hammering an actual piece of hot metal. The closer you could make your block to the pattern, the better quality the item was. It ruined me forever for the standard MMORPG "put some items in this box and click the create button" style of crafting.
The player run politics was also interesting, get enough people to sign your petition and you could get laws made that would be enforced by the game, or even get other players banned from the game (only happened once that I am aware of and he deserved it lol!)
But then the difficulty curve started skyward. We spent DAYS mining for ore, trying to get enough of the right ore to make some thing or other. Often we would find the ore and then ruin it in the smelting process, heartbreaking when you have spent literally hours digging.
At some point, I realized I was only logging in to feed my camels, and it seemed silly to continue paying a monthly fee for that ;)
Both are worth trying if there are trial periods available. Wurm may have come far since I last played it but I haven't bothered to go check.
I still have wistful thoughts of farming along the Nile and ATITD.
Hope that helps.
Thanks for posting, Bardolph! I understand that Wurm Online is still being heavily developed so perhaps things have improved; plus I've since realised that you can play for free as long as you like which is obviously risk-free, so I think I'll start there. I will definitely do some more reading on ATITD though, it does sound very good.
WO also has the advantage of being playable on Linux. :)
Wow. Wurm Online is also considerably cheaper than ATITD, which is definitely a factor.
Let us know how you like Wurm. I have been eyeing this one too. :)
On my phone so I can't say much right now, but after a couple of hours I'm very impressed. It's definitely reminiscent of Minecraft. Knowing that every structure you pass is player-built and owned (and maintained) by someone (including farmland) is inspiring.
I've done the tutorials and right now I'm trying to find a village to accept me so that I have a base and some basic provisions sorted out.
I will definitely post more impressions tonight. Ysk, it's free to play (with a premium account model); why not join me?
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 15, 2013, 07:46:16 AM
I will definitely post more impressions tonight. Ysk, it's free to play (with a premium account model); why not join me?
Oh I would love to, but my gaming time is just so scarce right now.
Our Dominions games is about all I can manage.
But, would there be some option to ally with eachother or even build together on the same project? It would be nice to build on something nice with someone.
Sure! All you need is a deed which I believe can only be bought by premium players; however if this game bites me like I suspect it will, and especially since it's only half the price of most MMOs, I reckon it won't be long before I'm founding a settlement of my own!
In the meantime I will post impressions to give you a feel for the game.
I have dabbled in it before, at the time there were basically no animations in the game.
Has this changed yet?
I quickly found out that this game is much more enjoyable with a few people than just soloing your way through the lands.
Are you planning on going on a PvE or PvP world?
I hate ganking and the general attitude that comes with PvP worlds, so I won't bite in that case.
If you're planning on going PvE then I am still interested. Not ready to bite yet, but interested...
Oh yes, no PvP for me either. I don't understand how people can think open-world PvP is fun!
There are some animations in but they could be a lot better. However I understand there have been some improvements in the graphics department; apparently it was only recently that characters were properly mounted on horses, instead of just standing on them! :D
I'll post some impressions later but I haven't played enough of the game to really form an opinion yet. I have just been accepted into a village though! \o/
Huw you are making this sound very interesting. I really enjoy Minecraft but never did multiplayer with it so this sounds interesting. I look forward to hearing more of your impressions about this.
I'm storing my impressions up for now, because after being accepted into the village I've spent all of my time making my way there. The village mayor offered to pick me up (it's the other side of a sea) but I preferred to take the scenic route. It's quite a trek and I've had to avoid some wildlife. I hope to arrive next time I get a chance to play (which will hopefully be tomorrow night).
The UI reminds me of Eve Online; lots of context-sensitive right-click nested menus. The game could certainly do with some polish. However my new mayor has promised all sorts of projects when I arrive to keep me busy, so we'll see what the game is like then. :)
How did you get into contact with those other players?
When I was playing I was surrounded with what seemed like mindless bots just chopping away at trees and rocks without ever engaging in any form of communication!
Oh, I've had plenty of conversations with people I've passed on my travels. I stopped to talk to a chap who was fishing. He gave me some of his catch!
As for the village, I saw a recruitment thread on the forum and sent him a PM, then just added him to my friends list in-game.
Well you're much more outspoken in Wurm than as Ermor, so much is clear! ;)
I made it to my new home tonight! The owner wasn't around to make me a member so I logged off for now; don't want to risk dying and having to spawn back in the centre of the map again!
Also I was greeted with absolute horror when I got there! I'll post a screenshot tomorrow...
I just canceled my subscriptions to EVE Online. The only thing keeping me logging in for awhile now has been keeping my skills going. When I played regularly I didn't do much combat, my focus has always been building and marketing things. I am intrigued by Wurm but wonder if it's polished enough to immerse me. The adventure of building something up out in the wilderness sounds like a lot of fun. I don't have much tolerance for pointless grind though.
This (http://i.imgur.com/X04IHdB.jpg) is what greeted me at the entrance to my new village! :o
Quote from: Sparhawk on April 16, 2013, 10:28:25 PM
I am intrigued by Wurm but wonder if it's polished enough to immerse me. The adventure of building something up out in the wilderness sounds like a lot of fun. I don't have much tolerance for pointless grind though.
It might not be polished enough for you if I'm honest. However it is free to play so you can have a go and see what you think. To me, the promise of a completely deformable world and a vast array of building and crafting options is enough for me to forgive a certain amount of roughness. So far I haven't been bothered by it at all. Hopefully tonight I'll become a proper member of the village and start building stuff. I'll report back.
Goodness gracious, hopefully those buggers were on a short leash, metaphorically at least.
Heh, they were dead; they're just trophies now. :)
Sorry I haven't posted any more impressions yet. I haven't had much chance to play this week. I'll post some over the weekend.
Right, I've played a bit more and even had a tour of Bonsai (our settlement)! Have a look at a few snapshots I took during the tour:
Gallery (http://imgur.com/a/qqE8o)
The mayor, Phyko, is pretty cool. He gave me an extensive tour then equipped me with a full suit of armour and a decent sword. He set permissions so that I can take raw materials from the settlement, then told me his current long-term goal: To build a big ol' castle for us all to live in.
This game is starting to bite me. I find the "anti-game" ethos to be extremely cathartic. Instead of worrying about bad guys or whatever, I log in and set about farming, cooking, mining, whatever. It's very relaxing.
However it is not for everyone. You do need patience. As a beginner many of the activities you attempt will fail, simply because you don't have high enough skill levels. I just made a chest to put at the foot of my bed, and it took me a dozen attempts to attach three planks in order to finish it. However the relevant skills always increase even if you fail, so you will get better in time. Also, if you go to sleep in a bed when you log out you'll accrue sleep bonus, which you can activate at will to get better skill gains when you do stuff.
I've learned how to farm, so at the moment I'm growing cotton. The reason I'm growing cotton is that it's an essential component of a decent healing cover; health doesn't regenerate over time. In order to do this I first found some cotton by "botanizing" some grass. Then I "picked" the cotton, destroying it but producing a seed. Then I packed and cultivated some dirt (in a small farm outside our village's designated newbie house) and proceeded to sow the seed. It will take about three real-time days for the seed to produce plants, during which time I should tend to the field to ensure efficient growth.
If I want, I can venture into our mine and dig out some iron. Phyko's set up an anvil and forge inside the entrance to save us having to run back to town. So I can get some iron then immediately use it to forge weaponry and tools. Next I'm going to learn how to cook; again, the newbie house has a dedicated kitchen kitted out with everything we need. I'll grow my own ingredients then combine them in the kitchen to hopefully make some decent meals.
I'll post more tomorrow. For now, though, I'm happy to report that this is a marvellous game and I'm itching to dive back in and do more to help out the village and improve my skills. This is going to be the first free-to-play game I actually buy premium time for.
I'll take specific questions if there are any.
This sounds like it would take alot of real time investment to get anywhere. Is that the case? Is the game like Minecraft in that there is no goal/objective just building to build or is there a reason settlements are formed and they need forts and castles?
Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 20, 2013, 08:24:59 PM
This sounds like it would take alot of real time investment to get anywhere. Is that the case?
I would say yes. It can take quite a while to build a house, for example. However since you only ever respawn on death at a village you'll want to join one as soon as possible, in which case a lot of time-consuming stuff will have been done for you. I have a ready-made bedroom in the newbie house of my village, for example, and I'm surrounded by all the raw supplies I need to get started. It's very much like
Eve Online in this regard; joining a group of players is pretty much essential, and transforms the game.
It's also worth pointing out, though, that Wurm is very much a social and crafting-oriented game. If you could just plonk buildings down in seconds as in Minecraft, you'd quickly wonder what the hell to do next. The building (and associated mining, gathering, farming etc) is a huge part of the fun of the game.
QuoteIs the game like Minecraft in that there is no goal/objective just building to build or is there a reason settlements are formed and they need forts and castles?
I'm not sure about this one. I certainly don't have any other goal than to help my village prosper. There are no NPCs handing out quests (not that I know of, anyway). However there is another layer for more advanced players; you can join a religion, learn spells, improve your combat skills and go after "boss" NPCs like dragons, for example. Also, some servers have open-world PvP so I imagine the game is quite different there, with player-run factions and territorial conquest etc. As with any sandbox game, Wurm is what you make it.
As long as the playerbase is mature enough to play open PvP at a decent way I think that might actually be the preferred way to play in these games. This is Utopian, however. To quote Game of Thrones: "Within every man is a beast. Just give him a blade and you shall meet it" (not exact wording).
In games this is even more true and grown up men devolve into immature gankers just because its easy and instant fun to keep bashing the low level newbie.
How would you gauge the general playerbase in Wurm, Huw?
Well I only play on a PvE server. However, thus far, I'm happy to report that everyone I've spoken to has been polite at least, and exceedingly helpful at most.
I should add, though, that I've never seen more than 300 people on my server at one time - and spread across the enormous map, that means you don't physically encounter many people beyond your own village-mates. Don't expect a large playerbase.
I'll post more thoughts later today.
One more thing - there's always at least one volunteer helper in the help channel and they are goldmines of useful information. You can also access the extensive wiki in-game.
Which server do you play on Huw? Can you tell a bit more about the restrictions of a free account vs a subscription?
I play on Independence, which is in the Freedom cluster. Here's (http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Server_Types#Server_type_summary) an excellent summary of the servers.
The biggest difference between premium and free is that you can't develop skills above 20 on a free account (and lapsed premium accounts' skills are capped at 20 even if they have exceeded it). Having a high skill in something makes you more efficient at it, meaning things get done quicker, the tool you're using degrades more slowly, and you get a higher yield (as when growing crops, for example). Crucially, some actions are not available at all at 20 or below. You can still do all the essential stuff like build a house, but capped at 20 in building means your house will need to be made of wood, because building with stone requires a higher skill level.
There's a tremendous amount of breadth to the game, very reminiscent of Ultima Online. For example, to make food you can grow all sorts of crops and herbs and make very varied meals. Cut down a tree, saw the resulting logs, and take your carving knife to the wood and you get plenty of options of what to make. Every part of the terrain can be worked in a variety of ways, from terraforming - digging the ground to lower it or refilling with dirt to raise it - to farming, to paving, etc. There is a lot of stuff you can do in the game.
Ultimately, at least on the PvE servers, it's purely a sandbox. You play to make your own space in the world and develop and customise it as you see fit. Grow crops, mine for ores, work the ore into valuables, build ships and set sail, travel to the market to trade your surplus goods etc. I imagine that the game is quite different on the PvP servers. For me, the attraction is that I love Minecraft, and this is basically a much deeper, MMO version of that game. I could have built a house somewhere in the wilderness for myself, but instead I chose to join a village and since they provide for my basic needs, I'm happy to spend my time in-game doing less selfish stuff. Instead of growing just enough crops to sustain me, I'm happy to take care of our huge farm to ensure that everyone in the village is catered for.
You also need patience. It's not as bad as the picture Bardolph painted at the top of the thread - the game has evidently moved on since he played - but things do take time. Crops take a few real-time days to grow, for example, so you can't just plant a potato and expect to have a meal half an hour later. And while your skills are low you'll have more failures than successes when you're trying to achieve something. But even failures increase your skill level, so the problem lessens over time.
I want to play now so that's all I'm going to say for the time being! :D One feature I do like is that if you go to sleep in a bed you will log off and start to accrue "sleep bonus" - this can be activated any time to give substantial bonuses to skill increases. It's designed to narrow the skill gap between players who can't spend much time playing and those who have all day to play.
One last thing - here is the map of Independence! (http://wurm.dhcd.co.uk/map/indemap.png) As you can see, the world is absolutely enormous. I shudder to think how long it would take to walk from one end to the other!
Thanks! Great writeup!
I am going to take a peek tomorrow. It's free afterall, so I won't lose anything by checking it out.
Perhaps I find I want to stay too. ;)
Splendid! I'm Huw on that server if you join it. Also, you'd be welcome in Bonsai if you want to join. :)
A word of caution - beware falling damage! It's very easy to take damage even from small drops, so watch your step.
This sounds so very interesting. Could you start you own village from scratch or would that just be to much work?
Quote from: TheCommandTent on April 21, 2013, 05:17:32 PM
This sounds so very interesting. Could you start you own village from scratch or would that just be to much work?
Define too much! :D It would take a
long time to build what we have in Bonsai village. For example, here's what's required (http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Build_House) just to build one house. Also, to start an actual village you would need a deed, which one way or another is going to cost you money. For one thing only premium accounts can "plant" deeds (although you
don't lose the mayoralty if your premium time lapses). Also deeds cost 10 silver, which is either bought for real money or traded in game, but a newbie isn't going to be able to produce much of any value. Although having said that, apparently players pay good money for dirt - presumably for use in terraforming and to save them the bother of digging it themselves. Producing dirt is one thing a newbie can do very easily, although transporting it somewhere will require some kind of vehicle which may be prohibitive. I'm too new to the game to say either way.
It is for these reasons I decided to just join an existing village. I really like Bonsai. We don't have many members right now so I only see the same couple of guys online, but the mayor is quite a powerful character and he's excellent at providing for us. I'm more than happy to help out in return. I tend the farm, for example, and sometimes I go mining for ore and rock. Perhaps I'll notice an unfinished item of furniture and I'll go get whatever is needed to finish the job.
I should add that the game isn't without problems. The interface is very idiosyncratic, just as Eve Online's is. Example: Say you just felled a tree. To clear the logs away you need to drag a cart over. You can't just put the logs into the cart; you have to pick them up first then drag them into the cart's inventory. Then when you arrive at whatever storage container you want to use, you can't just drag the logs from the cart to the container; you have to drag them to your own inventory first, then into the container. And don't get me started on ladders! Oh god, the bane of my existence in Wurm Online!
It isn't a game for everyone, but the positives far outweigh the negatives as far as I'm concerned. Once you get used to the game's foibles you start to not notice them. I find it to be an extremely cathartic experience after a hard day at work, even though many people would scoff at the game and say it's like having a second job. 8)
Above all else, it's free to play, so nobody has anything to lose if they want to have a look. :)
I really like the idea of being part of a village, something I miss in Minecraft, although I guess you could join a server for that. Not sure I have the patients for this one though.... but I'll keep checking this thread for your impressions as you get deeper into the game.
I have joined Independence now, Huw.
I'll add you to my friendslist next time I log in .
The community is VERY helpful and friendly towards new players. I struggled with getting my bearings at first, but hints and tips soon started to flow in the Kingdom chat (server wide).
Then a guy named Sjach told me to wait a minute and came with a horse and cart, let me jump on and brought me to a clay pit.
He guided me in creating something of priority: a container for water (your body needs water and food over time. and while this does not affect your health, it does affect your stamina iirc. So a hungry and thristy player wont be able to run much or do work that needs stamina)
He filled the clay pit (he needed to do that anyway, so it was nice taking someone along, he said!) and dropped a log of wood I could use to carve up.
Then I needed to create some crude tools to be able to start improving the flask I was going to make.
Every item is made and then (depending on your skill) is able to be improved upon in various different ways.
For example, the clay flask I could first improve with some more clay. (Note that you can damage the object while trying to improve as well. You'll need to repair the damage done before you can improve it again. Damaging and improving uses a small amount of the material your need to improve the object with.) Then after that was done I could improve it further with scrubbing the clay with a spatula. After this I could continue with improving it with clay again.
As you can see it's very much a crafter's game. The systems are quite extensive.
Most items wear over time too, so you're always working on new items.
Once I proudly finished my clay flask I was desperately trying to get water into it. It did not work. Turns out you actually need to bake the clay flask until it becomes a pottery flask!! Cool eh!
You can either use an oven or you can bake the clay over a campfire.
I had no skills for the former, and none was nearby, so I managed to create a nice cozy campfire at the edge of the pier in the docks in the starter city.
You need to keep the fire going with some form of fuel, of which I had juuuuust enough. :)
The clay takes a while to get through various stages of being hot and then it needs to bake a few minutes at the highest temperature.
Once their label changes to pottery, they are finished.
In the meantime another user called Tineen was answering a lot of my questions in the chat and generously offered to help me get setup with some starter gear and a base to work out of, if I wanted.
It was quite a trek from the starter zone, so I wanted to make sure I was prepared. Having water being the most important feat.
Now that I had water I just needed to get some food and proper directions to begin my journey.
Before I left, though, Sjach told me to come to his humble abode where he would give me some healing herbs and cotton for bandages.
Last stop was the market where I would find a well to drink some water out of so I didnt have to use my flask and an NPC which, for the first 24 hours of playtime, gives you free food.
Tineen sent me a map in the mean time and it took me a while to figure out where I needed to go, but soon I was on my way, right as night was falling. Light in Wurm is dependant on the phases of the moon, but as a new player you get a magical light at first. It has only a faint glow, however and this night was dark.. pitch black more like!
I have to say two things;
The ambient sounds are fantastic! Crickets creak during the night, you hear the wind blow gently, raindrops fall, pretty convincingly all this.
And the lighting (if you can run it on high settings, cause the game isnt very optimized) is just gorgeous! Especially the lights from lanterns and fires light up the surroundings very realistically.
Tineen was making her way towards me, to pick me up and guide me to her 'deed' called Free Barony (see this map (http://wurm.dhcd.co.uk/map/Indemap.png). Free Barony is at 46x 29y, while you start at The Howl at 32x 39y)
It was amazing to see the world as I made my way North East. Every town, harbor, Inn, even an orphanage I found, is made by players! The roads are built by players (and they need maintenance if they are not travelled over for quite some time!), everything is built or shaped by players. Pretty awesome!
Oh Huw, I just looked at where Bonsai is in relation to Free Barony, but those are miles apart! Should be exciting to go on journey to visit eachother!
Anyway, Tineen soon met with me on the road and led me to Free Barony.
I, too, have been introduced to the wounds system of Wurm; while following Tineen on her horse I thought I had missed a pathway to the side of the main road, because she seemed like she was going down the slope.
Aparently this is a syncing 'bug' where other players sometimes don't exactly show walking on the same spot they see on their computers.
In my attempt to go after her I slid down the slope and missed a second slope which was pretty much hidden in the grass and fell down that one too. It resulted in a bleeding wound on my right leg and a light fracture of my left arm.
Tineen immediately tried to heal me, but couldn't stop my bleeding. This was a concern, because you can bleed to death.
Because of the wounds my stamina was very low and aparently I didn't have the strenght anymore to carry all my stuff either.
She advised me to drop all heavier stuff like wood and clay resources to be able to move more quickly. She had enough resources over at Free Barony anyway and priority was to get my bleeding stopped.
We hurried over to a friend of hers who would be able to stop my bleeding, but I had to logout due to time constraints.
After I logged in again later, she quickly made her way to me again, now bringing the much needed healing items to get my bleeding to stop. We then continued to Free Barony where she gave me a temporary home, complete with a farm plot and a horse!
I now have access to the workshop as well and I am free to use whatever I need. Very generous!
So my first endeavor in Wurm has been a thrilling one and it has totally grabbed me by the guts! Every time I need to do other stuff I am thinking about what I am going to do next in Wurm when I login again! :)
Thanks Huw! :D
That's excellent Ysk, sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for the splendid writeup!
Yeah I can't wait to play all day. I had to work late yesterday and take some Dominions turns so didn't get a chance to play; hopefully I'll be on this evening.
by the way; you can only befriend people if you either see them in chat or physically in the world, so I haven't been able to add you yet.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that little chestnut. Just try sending me a tell whenever you're in game. What's your handle?
Yassy (cause nobody ever knows how to pronounce Yskonyn) :)
My last two days have been pretty enjoyable!
The plot of land behind my (temporary) home has now been cultivated along two edges and I have crafted a nice set of crude wooden fences to keep the lend-horse from eating the seeds/crops.
Top that off with two gates and it is a nicely accessible, but protected spot of farmland.
To prevent my horse from starving, I have created two tiles of farmland for it to graze on. I think it might only need one to stay alive, but I am rather safe than sorry. Other than that it just roams the empty plot and seems to be aware of the two accessible farmland tiles for food. I wonder, though, how large the radius is for animals to find food?
Anyway, I am quickly getting fed up with the lack of efficiently transporting resources all by yourself, so I have created a small cart which I can drag. It takes 40 units of raw resource and that won't impair my movement speed while dragging the cart.
Much better than the 5 units I can hold in my hands and walk at a snails pace because of overencumbrance! :)
A further goal would be a large cart with horses in front of it. But for now, this small cart suits me fine. I assumed you can hitch one horse to a small cart, as a large one takes two, but alas. The small cart can only be dragged by a human.
Also, I have found out about a very interesting item; Epic portals.
Epic is the server cluster with a different ruleset; for one your skills improve more quickly, but the meat of the deal is that on Epic there is an open world PvP ruleset.
These Epic portals, however, can be made by players.
So you can have two characters for the price of one, while still getting the best of both worlds! Let me explain:
On the Freedom cluster (PvE) you have your charcter with his skills.
When you go through an Epic Portal you then warp to one of the Epic servers (which you can choose) and you will control your character on that side. This, however, is a different character as far as the game is concerned. With his own skills.
Money and banked items, however, are available to both characters!
The system remebers which portal was last used, so if you also build a second portal in your home on Epic, you can freely switch between your PvE and your PvP character! Awesome feature!
And this also means that you can use your PvE life to provide for your PvP character.
That is a cool feature, I had no idea. You've been busy, Ysk! You've already accomplished a lot more than I have. There are pressures in my personal life at the moment so I'm only logging in for about half an hour every couple of days; long enough to tend the farm and do a spot of mining but not much else.
Do you have any long term goals at the moment? Besides skilling up of course!
Well, Bonsai's mayor is away until Sunday and has locked all the gates. I can't tend the farms or anything!
I created a character in Wurm but my time is restricted as well. I need a day where I can spend a few hours getting a handle on how to play, but am looking forward to that.
Great Sparhawk, the more the merrier! I have to warn you though, just as a buddy Groghead; Wurm is not really friendly towards players with only a Tiny bit of time, but it has found a way to alleviate the problem; once it grabs you, you will start forcing yourself to make time to play, thinking about what you need to build in Wurm while at work and dream about standing in front of your forge making nails, at night...
Beware of the Wurm! :D
Huw, my first goal is to get settled and build up my skills. My Ultimate goal is to own a plot at sea and either build my own island or at least build my own harbor. :)
Oh and race horse breeding. Oh an running a self sufficient Ranch. And and and... *sigh*
For those who might have missed it;
Wurm Online just launched on Steam with a new server cluster. It's free to play up until skill level 20. That gives one enough time to check out the game and get a feel for its gameplay,
The game is 15+ years old by now, but as I've seen many people looking for that Ultima Online early days feeling, I think now would be a good time to (re)check the game out.
Lots of interest at the moment with many players running about.
The new cluster is not connected to the older maps at the moment, but might be in future (meaning you can sail across different servers with the same toon).
Don't often see 7+ years between posts on a thread. Interesting.
I tried it about 10 years ago...I was distracted by life events at the time, so lost touch with the game. I'll probably toy with it a bit again.
Quote from: Rayfer on July 27, 2020, 10:46:50 AM
Don't often see 7+ years between posts on a thread. Interesting.
It belongs in a museum!