GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on January 31, 2012, 08:33:09 AM

Title: Sneak. Stalk. Steal. Survive.
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 31, 2012, 08:33:09 AM
Thief Gold released on GOG...oh Gussy-poo, where are you...

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/thief_gold
Title: Re: Sneak. Stalk. Steal. Survive.
Post by: LongBlade on January 31, 2012, 08:48:34 AM
Nice! IIRC Thief was the first game to use stereo sound to ID where guards and other things were.
Title: Re: Sneak. Stalk. Steal. Survive.
Post by: Gusington on January 31, 2012, 11:12:57 AM
The Thief series is one of the best ever. If you only have the chance to play just a little bit of it, go straight for the Shalebridge Cradle level in Thief 3.
Title: Re: Sneak. Stalk. Steal. Survive.
Post by: son_of_montfort on January 31, 2012, 11:37:30 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 31, 2012, 08:33:09 AM
Thief Gold released on GOG...oh Gussy-poo, where are you...

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/thief_gold

I never got into Thief when it released. Too impatient when I was younger. Oddly enough, I tried to complete Deus Ex 2 with no kills and all stealth. Maybe I should go back and try these again!
Title: Re: Sneak. Stalk. Steal. Survive.
Post by: Gusington on January 31, 2012, 01:59:00 PM
^WHAT? Jesus H.
Title: Re: Sneak. Stalk. Steal. Survive.
Post by: LongBlade on January 31, 2012, 02:04:30 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on January 31, 2012, 11:37:30 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 31, 2012, 08:33:09 AM
Thief Gold released on GOG...oh Gussy-poo, where are you...

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/thief_gold

I never got into Thief when it released. Too impatient when I was younger. Oddly enough, I tried to complete Deus Ex 2 with no kills and all stealth. Maybe I should go back and try these again!

This is a sneaker game without any doubt. You will flat out lose if you try to use brute force. The game actually rewards you for the fewer people you injure/kill. I typically found a good balance to snipe one or two inconvenient obstacles, but for the most part, it's best to slip quietly around.

Oh, and the undead level. I think I still get nightmares about that one.
Title: Re: Sneak. Stalk. Steal. Survive.
Post by: Zodiass on July 18, 2019, 03:27:28 AM
Is an exciting simulation game