GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: undercovergeek on April 24, 2013, 04:44:41 PM

Title: Papers please............
Post by: undercovergeek on April 24, 2013, 04:44:41 PM
Customs officer/border guard check sim hilarity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqLFFEX4Obg

looks great but i dont know how long i could play!
Title: Re: Papers please............
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 24, 2013, 04:45:58 PM
Its great...at first...starts to get a little old after awhile.  Also, it gets really hard to feed your family and keep them warm and healthy.
Title: Re: Papers please............
Post by: undercovergeek on April 24, 2013, 04:47:53 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 24, 2013, 04:45:58 PM
Its great...at first...starts to get a little old after awhile.  Also, it gets really hard to feed your family and keep them warm and healthy.

how long did you give it? it looks like a great time waster but surely once youre in the groove it becomes pretty run of the mill?
Title: Re: Papers please............
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 24, 2013, 05:23:53 PM
I probably played for about 45 minutes to an hour before it started to get pretty old and repetitive.  During that time, you are granted more authority and more investigative tools, but it all only goes so far.
Title: Re: Papers please............
Post by: tgb on April 24, 2013, 07:21:31 PM
I played around with it a bit, but spent so much time learning the mechanics I was never able to support my family.
Title: Re: Papers please............
Post by: GDS_Starfury on April 24, 2013, 10:37:54 PM
Quote from: tgb on April 24, 2013, 07:21:31 PM
I played around with it a bit, but spent so much time learning the mechanics I was never able to support my family.

sounds like being married.
Title: Re: Papers please............
Post by: Nefaro on September 15, 2013, 02:44:22 AM
A hilarious gameplay vid series from some guy who ends up using a fake Russian accent.   I don't even own the game (yet?), but this gets to be comedy gold after he gets on a roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BCPESPSsXk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0CtECB6ilo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GztX17pOFlQ

etc etc..

Makes me wanna pick it up because that's exactly the kind of attitude that would be going through my mind while playing.  ;D
Title: Re: Papers please............
Post by: son_of_montfort on September 15, 2013, 09:49:42 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 24, 2013, 05:23:53 PM
I probably played for about 45 minutes to an hour before it started to get pretty old and repetitive.  During that time, you are granted more authority and more investigative tools, but it all only goes so far.

It starts to get a little different after the 1 hour mark. They begin throwing some curveballs with terrorists, human-traffickers, ethical quandaries (like do you risk feeding your family to aid a woman seeking asylum who doesn't have the proper papers), and some interesting new elements.

But I can't help feeling that there is a heavy-handed message that permeates the entire game, to the point that I think the story is more important than the actual actions. I think that is purposely impossible to feed your family and keep people alive and healthy.

I haven't "beaten" it yet, though. It got way more complicated suddenly and I found myself taking way too much time on each entrant. 
Title: Re: Papers please............
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 16, 2013, 11:24:37 AM
That is HILARIOUS!

I love that kind of "review".

Have to say though - what a crap looking game!
Title: Re: Papers please............
Post by: Nefaro on September 16, 2013, 11:26:49 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 16, 2013, 11:24:37 AM


Have to say though - what a crap looking game!

I think it's supposed to look dreary.  Fits the setting quite well, Comrade. 

Glory to Arisztotzka!  :D