GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Wargaming => Topic started by: son_of_montfort on May 15, 2013, 10:46:50 PM

Title: GMT Games Twitter Sale - Ends May 22
Post by: son_of_montfort on May 15, 2013, 10:46:50 PM
News from GMT Games Newsletter:

QuoteGMT Games Twitter Celebration Sale!!

For those of you with Twitter accounts, you may have noticed that our account on Twitter (and Instagram) is now live. We invite you to Follow us to keep up with the GMT news on a daily basis. Here's the link:

https://twitter.com/gmtgames

We're happy to have expanded our social media outreach this week, and a bunch of you guys have helped us with background details and information and also with spreading the word, so we're going to have a "Twitter Celebration Sale" for EVERYONE to mark the occasion and to thank you all for your help with spreading the word and helping out with our social media expansion.

Details: Between now and next Wednesday (May 22nd), you can make ONE ORDER with either ONE or TWO IN-STOCK GMT GAMES, and get those games for 50% OFF the retail (or sale - the games on our Specials page DO qualify) price.

Note: this only applies to IN-STOCK games, and only games from GMT, not from the third-party companies (Consimpress, UGG, etc) that we rep on our website.

Coupon Code: When you place your order on our website (www.gmtgames.com) or with our office ladies (800-523-6111 or 559-583-1236 or via online chat from our website), use the following Coupon Code at Checkout to get your discount:

TW1350

Normal Shipping Costs apply.

I hope you guys can use this opportunity to pick up a game or two that you've been wanting at a terrific price! Enjoy!

I'm very much tempted to grab Andean Abyss. I thought the game looked very cool to begin with, but balked at the price. For $35, I think it is a steal!
Title: Re: GMT Games Twitter Sale - Ends May 22
Post by: mirth on May 16, 2013, 05:35:34 AM
Thanks for the heads up SoM.
Title: Re: GMT Games Twitter Sale - Ends May 22
Post by: bayonetbrant on May 16, 2013, 05:40:53 AM
Andean Abyss is easily worth $35.
Title: Re: GMT Games Twitter Sale - Ends May 22
Post by: Double Deuce on May 16, 2013, 03:38:28 PM
Holy crap, that means I can get all 3 Flying Colors games for under $75.00 ! ! ! Good thing I been holding out on them till now.
Title: Re: GMT Games Twitter Sale - Ends May 22
Post by: mirth on May 16, 2013, 04:02:57 PM
Quote from: Double Deuce on May 16, 2013, 03:38:28 PM
Holy crap, that means I can get all 3 Flying Colors games for under $75.00 ! ! ! Good thing I been holding out on them till now.

Those are great games.
Title: Re: GMT Games Twitter Sale - Ends May 22
Post by: Ubercat on May 18, 2013, 10:19:53 AM
Quote from: Double Deuce on May 16, 2013, 03:38:28 PM
Holy crap, that means I can get all 3 Flying Colors games for under $75.00 ! ! ! Good thing I been holding out on them till now.

The limit is 2 games.
Title: Re: GMT Games Twitter Sale - Ends May 22
Post by: Arctic Blast on May 18, 2013, 04:11:32 PM
Man...tempting. But I just spent my last batch of credit at the usual store. That's enough games for now. Yes self, it is! Shut up! PUT THAT CREDIT CARD BACK!
Title: Re: GMT Games Twitter Sale - Ends May 22
Post by: Double Deuce on May 19, 2013, 02:49:38 AM
Quote from: Ubercat on May 18, 2013, 10:19:53 AM
Quote from: Double Deuce on May 16, 2013, 03:38:28 PM
Holy crap, that means I can get all 3 Flying Colors games for under $75.00 ! ! ! Good thing I been holding out on them till now.

The limit is 2 games.

Yeah I saw that but added the 3rd one of the series just to see what would happen. They invoiced and charged me 50% off on all 3 but I'll wait until they ship to see if the card charges get revised. As long as they use Ship of the Line as the 3rd game I'm cool with that since its the cheaper of the 3.
Title: Re: GMT Games Twitter Sale - Ends May 22
Post by: bickford on May 19, 2013, 10:27:34 AM
That's kind of doing the office ladies a dirty, don't you think Double Deuce?

It's not like GMT is an automated corporate monster like Amazon, they are still a very much mom&pop hands-on operation.
The office ladies are already swamped with this sale, no need to try and sneak one by them IMO.
Title: Re: GMT Games Twitter Sale - Ends May 22
Post by: Bison on May 19, 2013, 11:10:14 AM
Good grief.  Panzer is out of stock! 
Title: Re: GMT Games Twitter Sale - Ends May 22
Post by: Double Deuce on May 19, 2013, 02:52:37 PM
Quote from: bickford on May 19, 2013, 10:27:34 AM
That's kind of doing the office ladies a dirty, don't you think Double Deuce?

It's not like GMT is an automated corporate monster like Amazon, they are still a very much mom&pop hands-on operation.
The office ladies are already swamped with this sale, no need to try and sneak one by them IMO.

Not doing anyone dirty. I emailed them after placing the actual order to see what gives but haven't heard back to date so until I do I'm having to wait for the actual CC charges to process on my end to see what the final charges are. I'm figuring they are busy with the sale too as you mentioned so I understand delays are to be expected especially as it was heading into a weekend. I was gonna cancel the original order and submit 2 separate ones but come credit card companies still bill vendors for processing fees even for cancellations, like they do with chargebacks so left it as is.
Title: Re: GMT Games Twitter Sale - Ends May 22
Post by: mirth on May 19, 2013, 02:58:36 PM
Quote from: bickford on May 19, 2013, 10:27:34 AM
That's kind of doing the office ladies a dirty, don't you think Double Deuce?

It's not like GMT is an automated corporate monster like Amazon, they are still a very much mom&pop hands-on operation.
The office ladies are already swamped with this sale, no need to try and sneak one by them IMO.

That's a little harsh. And you don't need to be Amazon to have an ecommerce site that can handle something as simple as a two product limit on a coupon code.

If Double Deuce were trying to "sneak one by them", I doubt he would have posted about it here.
Title: Re: GMT Games Twitter Sale - Ends May 22
Post by: Double Deuce on May 19, 2013, 03:20:25 PM
Quote from: Bison on May 19, 2013, 11:10:14 AM
Good grief.  Panzer is out of stock!

That was going to be my 1st choice. I have the originals by Yaquinto (sp) and have heard that GMT really took the game up a notch, especially in the game pieces. Not thrilled with the paper maps though. I'll have to break down and get it from another source before its only available on eBay and its starts seeing 2nd Edition SASL price ranges.
Title: Re: GMT Games Twitter Sale - Ends May 22
Post by: GJK on May 19, 2013, 09:57:50 PM
My copy of Panzer is still in shrinkwrap. I pre-ordered it as soon as it was announced but haven't gotten around to getting it on my table yet.  I think that this game is better suited for miniatures though honestly.  Is the Panzer-Mini's still available from the company that Jim Day founded?  I'll have to Google it real quick-  No, Lost Battalion games doesn't list it for sale any longer.  I believe that Jim Day is reworking the rules for the miniatures version and will be updating that series of Panzer games next.  I'd hold off for that, if and when it happens.