GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on May 31, 2013, 05:45:58 AM

Title: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: MetalDog on May 31, 2013, 05:45:58 AM
This Friday will see something completely different!  I'm changing my ways and kicking out the old and bringing in the new.  No more Warlock or Civ IV.  It'll be something NEW on the horizon!  To change gaming habits set in stone for all this time.  Challenge my self with NEW wonders and NEW vistas!  To boldly go where I have never gone before...ok yeah.  It's totally going to be Warlock and Civ IV.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Staggerwing on May 31, 2013, 06:07:22 AM
I'll probably be setting up my forces in preparation for an epic round of 'Barbarian Migration', tentatively scheduled for sometime after 6/14. This is all predicated on final approval of the Viennese Moneylenders who are financing the relocation of my small Gothic horde into a permanent settlement. The moneylenders are most vexing in their insistence of every scrap of proof that my tribe's future plunder will be sufficient to repay the note in full. In the meantime I'm loading all our sacred texts, extra magic mirrors, clothing, and superfluous farming and crafting implements into crates with the assumption that all will proceed as planned.


I may treat myself to APOS and some DLC if I remember before the sale expires tonight.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: JudgeDredd on May 31, 2013, 06:22:42 AM
I need to finish Far Cry 3

I want to get into Distant Worlds

I need to finish my Band of Heroes AAR - 2 turns left and I'm still learning (Thanks Barthheart)

I want to drive more rFactor2 which is turning into quite a sim.

I think that's probably it. My model making has stalled somewhat. The colour issue with my Challenger II kind of sideswiped me. I should've stuck to planes! Maybe I'll get a bit done tomorrow.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Gusington on May 31, 2013, 06:44:11 AM
Finishing y campaign as colonial Germans in Civ V. Then off to start a Victoria II Heart of Darkness campaign and perhaps a new campaign in Rise of Flight on the new Channel Map. Also staring longingly at the Van Helsing icon and Shogun 2 FOTS is beckoning again.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 06:51:15 AM
Today turned out to be get paid more than I thought day so its purchase bonanza - I'm downloading air land battle - I haven't seen a let's play session that didn't make me yearn for the game yet - ill be buying AI war for some MP action with huw and maybe fallen enchantress

There will be a major endless space session tonight - huw v pilgrims me v automotans

Some dom III
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Barthheart on May 31, 2013, 06:57:16 AM
Hey Geek!?! What a about our Neptune II game?!? Yer getting crushed.  ;)

More outdoors work 'cause it's gonna be hot fer a change.

More testing a new build of HoS.

Starting a board game, Unconditional Surrender: World War II in Europe. Big game with some interesting mechanics.... like no factors on any pieces.... 1 unit of any kind per hex.....
Designer posted a print n play version at BGG. Finally finished cutting out the 700 counters.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/61487/unconditional-surrender-world-war-2-in-europe

Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: TheCommandTent on May 31, 2013, 07:19:52 AM
I am finally getting around to playing XCOM so I am sure that will take up more of my weekend.  I also hope to get some boardgame or miniatures in ... after the yard work is done that is...
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 07:28:16 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 31, 2013, 06:57:16 AM
Hey Geek!?! What a about our Neptune II game?!? Yer getting crushed.  ;)

Wtf? Its started?? Oh man I'm sorry guys I thought we were still 2 short
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Barthheart on May 31, 2013, 07:29:05 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 07:28:16 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 31, 2013, 06:57:16 AM
Hey Geek!?! What a about our Neptune II game?!? Yer getting crushed.  ;)

Wtf? Its started?? Oh man I'm sorry guys I thought we were still 2 short

Spelk started a second game with just the 6 of us... didn't you get the memo?
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Anguille on May 31, 2013, 07:29:15 AM
I will most likely continue my campaign of Haegemonia: the legions of Iron...it's a beautiful game...hard to believe it's already 10 years old. Master of Orion 2 (it is not my all time favorite 4 x, though very high in the ranking, but it's really the most complete of them all), Heroes of Annihilated Empires and some Armada 2526 supernova.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: tgb on May 31, 2013, 07:31:56 AM
Expeditions: Conquistador and more Lock 'n Load testing
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: TheCommandTent on May 31, 2013, 07:32:05 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 31, 2013, 07:29:05 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 07:28:16 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 31, 2013, 06:57:16 AM
Hey Geek!?! What a about our Neptune II game?!? Yer getting crushed.  ;)

Wtf? Its started?? Oh man I'm sorry guys I thought we were still 2 short

Spelk started a second game with just the 6 of us... didn't you get the memo?

He is going to be in for a rude surprise when he logs in...  ::)
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 07:46:00 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 31, 2013, 07:29:05 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 07:28:16 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 31, 2013, 06:57:16 AM
Hey Geek!?! What a about our Neptune II game?!? Yer getting crushed.  ;)

Wtf? Its started?? Oh man I'm sorry guys I thought we were still 2 short

Spelk started a second game with just the 6 of us... didn't you get the memo?

I saw it and joined, funnily enough the last I knew we were waiting for you and in that time its started - feck
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: PanzersEast on May 31, 2013, 08:00:58 AM
I have been really wanting to concentrate on a few games to become really good and knowledgeable about them.   I really skip around too much.

I started back on X-Com since I lost the last campaign... I play it in short bursts.

Started learning Dominions 3 so will try to look at it.

The usual line-up

CK II
Distant Worlds
FE Legendary Heroes
Vic II
FM or OOTP

I am hoping to also uninstall only those I wish to play on a regular basis.  Would like to play Liberation Front Saturday with the group from SimHQ, but look like I am going to do a ropes course.

PE
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 08:11:35 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 31, 2013, 08:00:58 AMWould like to play Liberation Front Saturday with the group from SimHQ, but look like I am going to do a ropes course.

PE

I'm trying to get in on that too but I need my registration at sim hq approving
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Martok on May 31, 2013, 08:16:27 AM
I have most of the same games on deck as last weekend, with a couple additions/removals. 


I'll be playing the following games for sure: 

Distant Worlds: Shadows
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
Shogun 2 Total War
Birth of the Federation
(Balance of Power mod)


I'd like to get back into these as well: 

Medieval Total War/Viking Invasion (XL Mod)
Imperialism II
Neverwinter Nights
Armada 2526 Supernova
Lords of the Realm 2


Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: MengJiao on May 31, 2013, 08:24:52 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 31, 2013, 08:00:58 AM
I have been really wanting to concentrate on a few games to become really good and knowledgeable about them.   I really skip around too much.

I started back on X-Com since I lost the last campaign... I play it in short bursts.

Started learning Dominions 3 so will try to look at it.

The usual line-up

CK II

Probably mostly CKII here.  Maybe some boardgaming with Nothing Gained but Glory.  There's a battle one of the Kleists wrote a play about -- with Derflinger and the Great Elector stomping around in big boots and big hats and big gloves as they hang on against the Swedes.
Distant Worlds
FE Legendary Heroes
Vic II
FM or OOTP

I am hoping to also uninstall only those I wish to play on a regular basis.  Would like to play Liberation Front Saturday with the group from SimHQ, but look like I am going to do a ropes course.

PE

   I did the typing typing typing thing and nothing happened happened happened.

   Okay.  So.  CKII mostly and maybe some of the boardgame nothing gained but glory.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Bison on May 31, 2013, 08:40:37 AM
Grid 2 and F1 2012 for sure.  I might finally try some rally racing with Dirt 3.   
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Kushan on May 31, 2013, 08:52:24 AM
Going to have to put in some OT at work tomorrow. Going to split the rest of my time between:

Distant Worlds: Shadows
Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes
Wargame - AirLand Battle
AJE


I also need to do the tutorials for Victoria 2 and Kerbal Space Program.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: tgb on May 31, 2013, 09:28:20 AM
I may put some time into Skyward Collapse.  I wasn't knocked out by the demo, but a lot of people seem to like it, and for $5 why not?
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 31, 2013, 09:52:38 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 08:11:35 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 31, 2013, 08:00:58 AMWould like to play Liberation Front Saturday with the group from SimHQ, but look like I am going to do a ropes course.

PE

I'm trying to get in on that too but I need my registration at sim hq approving

I'll PM adlabs regarding your registration but even if you're not registered you should still be able to jump in and play. 

I wish I could join in this weekend but I'll be at work.  Lame.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Sir Slash on May 31, 2013, 11:52:20 AM
Being that I spent all my money on Gustav Line, that's what I'll be doing this weekend.  :'(
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 11:57:21 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 31, 2013, 09:52:38 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 08:11:35 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 31, 2013, 08:00:58 AMWould like to play Liberation Front Saturday with the group from SimHQ, but look like I am going to do a ropes course.

PE

I'm trying to get in on that too but I need my registration at sim hq approving

I'll PM adlabs regarding your registration but even if you're not registered you should still be able to jump in and play. 

I wish I could join in this weekend but I'll be at work.  Lame.

ah youre a good man Bison, its not true what they say about you
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: vyshka on May 31, 2013, 12:12:13 PM
Distant Worlds has its hooks into me now, so definitely that. I will probably also play some CKII and hopefully Wargame: Airland Battle which was the only game on my list last weekend that I didn't spend any time with.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 31, 2013, 12:13:46 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 11:57:21 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 31, 2013, 09:52:38 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 08:11:35 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 31, 2013, 08:00:58 AMWould like to play Liberation Front Saturday with the group from SimHQ, but look like I am going to do a ropes course.

PE

I'm trying to get in on that too but I need my registration at sim hq approving

I'll PM adlabs regarding your registration but even if you're not registered you should still be able to jump in and play. 

I wish I could join in this weekend but I'll be at work.  Lame.

ah youre a good man Bison, its not true what they say about you

No problem, but don't call me Shirley. 
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Tuna on May 31, 2013, 12:30:28 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 31, 2013, 12:13:46 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 11:57:21 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 31, 2013, 09:52:38 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 08:11:35 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 31, 2013, 08:00:58 AMWould like to play Liberation Front Saturday with the group from SimHQ, but look like I am going to do a ropes course.

PE

I'm trying to get in on that too but I need my registration at sim hq approving

I'll PM adlabs regarding your registration but even if you're not registered you should still be able to jump in and play. 

I wish I could join in this weekend but I'll be at work.  Lame.

ah youre a good man Bison, its not true what they say about you

No problem, but don't call me Shirley.

hmm it's been awhile for me too on there.. hopefully no 'to do' list stuff tomorrow, and I'll be able to join as well..
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Wolfe1759 on May 31, 2013, 12:31:00 PM
Mainly going to be board gaming for me this weekend (and BBQing) other than that although I picked up both Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes and Distant Worlds: Shadows I've found myself playing more of March of the Eagles which I picked up in a sale last weekend than anything else. Yes it has had a fair bit of criticism thrown at it on the Paradox forums, mainly for not being more like EU or CKII, but as a lightish wargame I've been finding it to be quite a bit of fun.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Tuna on May 31, 2013, 12:43:36 PM
Quote from: Wolfe1759 on May 31, 2013, 12:31:00 PM
Mainly going to be board gaming for me this weekend (and BBQing) other than that although I picked up both Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes and Distant Worlds: Shadows I've found myself playing more of March of the Eagles which I picked up in a sale last weekend than anything else. Yes it has had a fair bit of criticism thrown at it on the Paradox forums, mainly for not being more like EU or CKII, but as a lightish wargame I've been finding it to be quite a bit of fun.

If you find it fun, that's all that really matters!
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: mikeck on May 31, 2013, 12:54:15 PM
I will be trying to bring my fledgling and bankrupt empire back from the brink in Distant Worlds. I started pre warp but 3 of the other 7 cigs did not...and they have been busy little bees while I was schlepping around in my system.

May fire up X3:AP since I'm in the space mood
Probably also some Scourge of War
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Huw the Poo on May 31, 2013, 01:43:31 PM
Oh, the usual...

Dominions 3
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
Fantastic Endless Space game I got goin' on with Geek

...and lastly, thanks to the fantastically attractive and unnecessarily well-hung Undercovergeek, I'll also be playing Heroes of Annihilated Empires! \o/
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: undercovergeek on May 31, 2013, 02:33:18 PM
lmao - you know me so well

now with fully configured microphone
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: mikeck on May 31, 2013, 02:51:40 PM
You and Huw should be doing an Endless Space AAR of your game!
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Tuna on May 31, 2013, 03:25:23 PM
First I'm gonna play Mow the Lawn as soon as I sign off work (should be fun in this lil Heat Wave we're having)

Probably do some WoT
Give Distant Worlds a try (just purchased this week, so this will be my maiden voyage)
Also try and get back into CMBN, was playing it before, but after a few crashes to desktop, I kind of stopped for awhile..
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Arctic Blast on May 31, 2013, 06:37:37 PM
Quote from: mikeck on May 31, 2013, 02:51:40 PM
You and Huw should be doing an Endless Space AAR of your game!

Considering his personal descriptions of Geek, maybe we don't want them expressing any thoughts about one another... :o

As for me, Sunday will be a day of helping friends move a hot tub, followed closely by drinking a lot of beer. Tonight and tomorrow will be all about Pinball FX2 and trying out Expeditions Conquistador.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: panzerde on May 31, 2013, 08:07:05 PM
Saturday will be mostly consumed with Graduation Party for 2nd Child accompanied by Consoling the Wife Because Her Baby is All Grown Up.  When not doing that I'll be playing, for the second time this year Having both in-laws and my Mother Visiting at the Same Time.  Only this time I have the Assorted Other Visiting Relatives DLC.  On Sunday we'll cap the whole thing off with Actual Graduation in an Overcrowded and Noisy Public Venue. 

Assuming I can sneak away to the Gaming Cave for a bit, I'll try and squeeze in:

Alea Jacta Est
Roman Civil Wars
Distant Worlds: Shadows

Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Gusington on May 31, 2013, 08:14:19 PM
^I had no idea you were that...mature.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: panzerde on May 31, 2013, 10:46:46 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 31, 2013, 08:14:19 PM
^I had no idea you were that...mature.

While not quite to the point of moving to Florida, wearing my pants up to my chest and complaining about the government full-time, I am old enough to have one offspring a Junior in college and the other finishing high school.  For context, I'm ancient enough to remember watching the B-52's of the SAC 17th Bomb Wing fly over the house on their way to Vietnam.

My first two wargames were AH's Tactics II and Alexander (still in a trunk downstairs, with all the counters).

Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Sir Slash on May 31, 2013, 10:53:44 PM
In Florida we wear shorts pulled-up to our chests. Only Yankees wear pants here, except in winter when it's below 40 degrees, then they wear shorts and we wear pants. It's kind of a weather-based system. But everybody drives real slow and in always in the passing lane. ;)
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Toonces on June 01, 2013, 02:03:57 AM
I played the crap out of Rising Storm tonight.  Played on the Japanese side and actually got quite a few kills as an assault guy. 

I've been hankering for a turn-based, hex-based, squad level wargame for a while.  I finally decided to pony up the cash and I bought Squad Battles: Dien Bien Phu tonight.  Downloading right now.  I'm not sure why I picked Dien Bien Phu.  I've been reading a few books on it, although I've yet to finish one.  I think I read a review (by Longblade?) a while ago when it was released that said it was quite good.  At any rate, DBP is the one I picked and so future Squad Battles purchases will live or die based on how much this game grabs me. 

Finally I have a true hex wargame at the tactical level.  I sure hope it's what I wanted...it wasn't cheap!
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: bob48 on June 01, 2013, 05:35:44 PM
^I have a long time interest in French Indo China, and Dien Bien Phu in particular. Been looking for a decent board game on the subject, but they are few and far between. maybe one day GMT will get enough orders to publish Storm over DBP.

I guess that 'Hell in a Very Small Place' is the definitive book on the subject, but 'The Last Vally' by Martin Windrow is pretty good as well.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: undercovergeek on June 01, 2013, 06:06:53 PM
joined the Iron Front server over at Sim HQ with Tuna and Panzer - great fun - last mission was a blast (literally) - as soon as i figure out how to pull the screens from steam i will
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Huw the Poo on June 01, 2013, 06:11:23 PM
Quote from: bob48 on June 01, 2013, 05:35:44 PM
^I have a long time interest in French Indo China, and Dien Bien Phu in particular. Been looking for a decent board game on the subject, but they are few and far between. maybe one day GMT will get enough orders to publish Storm over DBP.

I guess that 'Hell in a Very Small Place' is the definitive book on the subject, but 'The Last Vally' by Martin Windrow is pretty good as well.

I have no idea what you just said but I agree with every word!
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: undercovergeek on June 01, 2013, 06:20:59 PM
Advancing towards the hidden fuel dump with the team:-

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg46.imageshack.us%2Fimg46%2F4124%2F2013060100002.jpg&hash=83964b29fb8c28d48579d0c916240c653908a751) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/2013060100002.jpg/)

Entering the compound:-

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg707.imageshack.us%2Fimg707%2F1719%2F2013060100003.jpg&hash=b44bf9ff631570ba5ed1b1b99b9d4da714257c86) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/2013060100003.jpg/)

After the charges are laid, we retire to a safe distance................ well all of us except tigerwulf and meatshield!!!

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg15.imageshack.us%2Fimg15%2F8707%2F2013060100006.jpg&hash=68a29986fa9efa5cbea182e01abe3dcb28d580d9) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/2013060100006.jpg/)

good gaming, great guys - will deffo be returning

thanks SDR





Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Tuna on June 01, 2013, 06:38:03 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 01, 2013, 06:06:53 PM
joined the Iron Front server over at Sim HQ with Tuna and Panzer - great fun - last mission was a blast (literally) - as soon as i figure out how to pull the screens from steam i will

Fun games.. great to see more Grogs playing!
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Dolan50 on June 01, 2013, 06:51:31 PM
There used to be a very good boardgame about the battle of Dien Bien Phu called "Citadel" if I recall correctly.I played this a few times at a friends house about 20 years ago.I think the units were company size.
Can't remember who published it though but I'm sure there may be some kind of a description of the game on Boardgame Geek.

Haven't played a boardgame in quite awhile but I remember that one was fun.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Toonces on June 02, 2013, 01:36:15 AM
I can't stop playing Rising Storm!  I'm on the San Jose low ping server as Toonces.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: bob48 on June 02, 2013, 06:48:58 AM
Quote from: Dolan50 on June 01, 2013, 06:51:31 PM
There used to be a very good boardgame about the battle of Dien Bien Phu called "Citadel" if I recall correctly.I played this a few times at a friends house about 20 years ago.I think the units were company size.
Can't remember who published it though but I'm sure there may be some kind of a description of the game on Boardgame Geek.

Haven't played a boardgame in quite awhile but I remember that one was fun.

Oops - sorry, double posted.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: bob48 on June 02, 2013, 06:51:50 AM
Quote from: Dolan50 on June 01, 2013, 06:51:31 PM
There used to be a very good boardgame about the battle of Dien Bien Phu called "Citadel" if I recall correctly.I played this a few times at a friends house about 20 years ago.I think the units were company size.
Can't remember who published it though but I'm sure there may be some kind of a description of the game on Boardgame Geek.

Haven't played a boardgame in quite awhile but I remember that one was fun.

Yep, it was published by GDW and is long out of print. I did see a second hand copy for sale a while ago but the price was way beyond my means.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: PanzersEast on June 02, 2013, 08:09:48 AM
Quote from: Tuna on June 01, 2013, 06:38:03 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 01, 2013, 06:06:53 PM
joined the Iron Front server over at Sim HQ with Tuna and Panzer - great fun - last mission was a blast (literally) - as soon as i figure out how to pull the screens from steam i will

Fun games.. great to see more Grogs playing!

Enjoyed playing with fellow grogs and a great group of guys... was a lot of fun and we ended with a boom!  Sounds like next weekend would be a good time for anyone to jump in with D-Day coming up.

PE
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: undercovergeek on June 02, 2013, 03:46:51 PM
.............well i see i missed 'serious sunday' and cant make 'military monday' - man i wish id seen those before - i need 2 more weeks off!!
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: bob48 on June 02, 2013, 03:52:19 PM
Not much gaming done this weekend (sorry again, MD), as we have been taking advantage of the nice weather and getting work done in the garden, after which I've been pretty donald-ducked.

Been trying hard with AoW SM, but I admit to being a bit disapointed with it.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: undercovergeek on June 02, 2013, 04:25:36 PM
Do not incur the wrath of the welsh!
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 02, 2013, 04:40:54 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 01, 2013, 06:20:59 PM
good gaming, great guys - will deffo be returning

thanks SDR

Glad you enjoyed it.  Sorry I had to miss it this week but I will definitely be there to die gloriously in a ditch next week.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: PanzersEast on June 02, 2013, 04:59:19 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 02, 2013, 03:46:51 PM
.............well i see i missed 'serious sunday' and cant make 'military monday' - man i wish id seen those before - i need 2 more weeks off!!

We had a great turnout and was a lot of fun....


PE
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Tuna on June 02, 2013, 05:38:32 PM
Ended up having a good weekend of gaming

Friday night, a lil bit of WITE, AJE, and DW

Saturday Morning some Warlock with MetalDog while I worked out on the Total GYM between turns.. Saturday afternoon Iron Front on the SIM HQ Server with PanzersEast and UndercoverGeek... Started my first ever CMBN game with Grim Reaper.. a lil more DW...

Today more turns with Grim on CMBN and more trial and error with DW.. but all and all a lot of gaming this weekend!
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: MetalDog on June 02, 2013, 07:43:44 PM
Quote from: Tuna on June 02, 2013, 05:38:32 PM
Saturday Morning some Warlock with MetalDog while I worked out on the Total GYM between turns..


You people just aren't ever going to give me a break, are you?  I'M GOING AS FAST AS I CAN!!!  ;)
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Tuna on June 02, 2013, 07:54:13 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on June 02, 2013, 07:43:44 PM
Quote from: Tuna on June 02, 2013, 05:38:32 PM
Saturday Morning some Warlock with MetalDog while I worked out on the Total GYM between turns..


You people just aren't ever going to give me a break, are you?  I'M GOING AS FAST AS I CAN!!!  ;)

Had nothing to do with you, Warlock is just a good game for Multitasking!  ;D
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: MetalDog on June 02, 2013, 08:00:37 PM
Quote from: Tuna on June 02, 2013, 07:54:13 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on June 02, 2013, 07:43:44 PM
Quote from: Tuna on June 02, 2013, 05:38:32 PM
Saturday Morning some Warlock with MetalDog while I worked out on the Total GYM between turns..


You people just aren't ever going to give me a break, are you?  I'M GOING AS FAST AS I CAN!!!  ;)

Had nothing to do with you, Warlock is just a good game for Multitasking!  ;D

QFT :)
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Gusington on June 02, 2013, 08:08:45 PM
I finished War and Peace while waiting for 'Phro to finish his Warlock turns.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: MetalDog on June 02, 2013, 08:22:35 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 02, 2013, 08:08:45 PM
I finished War and Peace while waiting for 'Phro to finish his Warlock turns.

You, you don't get a say.  You can't even be bothered to show up :P
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Gusington on June 02, 2013, 08:24:47 PM
I think you are confusing me with Windy.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: MetalDog on June 02, 2013, 08:26:54 PM
How silly of me.  Thanks for pointing that out.  How was War and Peace?  Did it end well?
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Gusington on June 02, 2013, 08:32:20 PM
I don't want to spoil it.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Sir Slash on June 02, 2013, 10:20:02 PM
Bet on the Russians.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: vyshka on June 03, 2013, 12:29:57 AM
I played Wargame: Airland Battle on Saturday, but spent most of my playing time this weekend playing Distant Worlds. Wargame should have a good run at some Game of the Year awards.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 03, 2013, 02:04:11 AM
Well - I got
Some rFactor2 in (not a lot)
Lots of Distant Worlds

And that was it really. Friday night I spent - erm, drinking and Saturday rugby was on and I decided to spend most of it erm...drinking - which doesn't really leave you in a position to want to play games.

Sunday I was busy (not drinking!)

So all my own fault.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Anguille on June 03, 2013, 03:40:30 AM
I ended up playing many hours of Haegemonia: Legions of Iron (defeated the Kariaks and finished the Episode 3)...and almost finished a campaign of Master of Orion with the Klackons (so much better than the humans i usually use).

and about 5 minutes of 3 Kingdoms: Fate of the dragon and Master of Orion 2 each.

Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Huw the Poo on June 03, 2013, 07:26:18 AM
Hmmm...I bought Haegemonia from GoG but didn't really give it a chance.  I might have to take a look.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Kushan on June 03, 2013, 07:51:50 AM
Spent most of my free time playing Distant Worlds or watching DW Let's Plays on YouTube. Played some Kerbal Space Program Saturday. Think I've come to the conclusion this game just isn't for me. I really like the concept, but even when I have a YouTube tutorial about how to get a basic rocket into orbit on one monitor and the game on the other, I still have my rockets tumble out of the air. Which is fun for awhile but I would really like to do more then get to a couple thousand feet then crash.

Downloaded the Combat Mission Fortress Italy Demo last night, but haven't installed it yet.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Martok on June 03, 2013, 01:49:54 PM
Spent the lion's share of my weekend playing Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes and beta-testing a game.  Also spent some time on Birth of the Federation and Shogun 2. 

Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: SgtRock on November 29, 2013, 01:00:24 PM
Expeditions: Conquistador - What's the word on this one? I'm thinking of getting this during the Steam Sale at $9.99.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: mirth on November 29, 2013, 01:14:48 PM
I did a sub for Star Wars The Old Republic last weekend (not something I would normally do). What a nightmare! The installer is crap. Trying to connect to the game servers seems to take forever. It's been a fight just to get a character generated. I've yet to play a single minute of the game. Needless to say, I don't anticipate giving them anymore of my $$.  >:(

Meanwhile, I'm continuing my replay of Jade Empire. A game from the days when Bioware could make decent games. Before the dark times, before EA.
Title: Re: If not Friday, then when?!
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 29, 2013, 01:20:41 PM
Necro-thread!  Run!!!!